[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdalt40

Is there anyway to stop the AI trait going on humans?

Haplo

I've set the chance to a really low value, but I can't disable the chance, sorry.
So the answer is no. Did you get it often?

Haplo

Dude1925

I don't know if this is a known bug for this mod, but when i activate it the entire gui just disappears. I really want to play with this mod again, so help would be appreciated.

Haplo

Hmm, as of now I had no complaints about any crashes.
When you activate it and the UI is gone, can you close the game, look into the folder /RimWorldXXXWin_Data and find the file output_log.txt.
Can you zip and post it please? I need to take a look into why it crashes...

Dragoon_103

Are there any plans in the future to use the surgery system on the MAI? because i seem to grow attached to them as colonists and would like it if when they are damaged to be able to replace parts. like have an AI Part crafting station that you can build parts like left batterys or more arms incase they get shot off. That would be kinda neat and i am loving your mod so far!

Haplo

Thanks that you like her :)
To be honest I didn't thought about the part system yet.
Hmm, I think I'll look into it soon and see what can be done..

shadowstreaker

It'd be cool to be able to get some very expensive (say uranium and such in recipe) mods for MAI that just increase move speed or something, change out an arm for a certain tool which can specialize them and make them more efficient maybe.
Just a thought

Dude1925

Quote from: Haplo on October 05, 2014, 10:43:12 AM
Hmm, as of now I had no complaints about any crashes.
When you activate it and the UI is gone, can you close the game, look into the folder /RimWorldXXXWin_Data and find the file output_log.txt.
Can you zip and post it please? I need to take a look into why it crashes...

Sure, here you go.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Haplo

Hmm, I'm not sure, what really the problem is.
There is a whole lot of stuff in there, thats not from Mai.

And there is a line, that comes from Mai, but that shouldn't be there:
Exception reading AIPawn_Races.xml as XML: 'cooldownTicks' is expected  Line 126, position 29..

I tried it here, but don't get any errors. Even with the EdB-Mods, Mai does work without problems.

Don't know though from which mod this is:
Could not resolve cross-reference to Verse.RecipeDef named MakePneumaticPick

But the real problem is the last one. This one causes it to crash. But I don't know where it really comes from.
It can be because the AIPawns aren't loaded.. But I honestly don't really know. It seems as if you have a multitude of problems with some of the mods.

My suggestion would be:
Redownload all your mods including Mai, so that they are on the newest version, activate one mod at a time, exit the game and look into the output_log.txt.
Whenever you find that the last line isn't something like this, the last mod creates some errors:

Non platform assembly: data-0CF444A0 (this message is harmless)
Fallback handler could not load library C:/Users/Owner/Downloads/RimWorldAlpha7Win/RimWorld581Win/RimWorld581Win_Data/Mono/data-0CF444A0.dll

Haplo

Update Alert:
I've added a small bit of code, that allows you to position your colonists via three groups. You can position your colonists and set them to group 7, 8 or 9. And you can recall the positions by pressing the keys 7, 8 or 9.
Key 0 undrafts all your colonists, who don't have an active job.
Unfortunately this needs you to start a new colony or add an entry to your savegame. Without that, the new functions won't be active.
On another note:
Du to some problems it is NOT possible to save the positions into the savegame as of yet. This means you have to reset them once you load your colony. I'm sorry about that, but I didn't find a solution for that problem for now..

Dude1925

Quote from: Haplo on October 05, 2014, 03:56:39 PM
Hmm, I'm not sure, what really the problem is.
There is a whole lot of stuff in there, thats not from Mai.

And there is a line, that comes from Mai, but that shouldn't be there:
Exception reading AIPawn_Races.xml as XML: 'cooldownTicks' is expected  Line 126, position 29..

I tried it here, but don't get any errors. Even with the EdB-Mods, Mai does work without problems.

Don't know though from which mod this is:
Could not resolve cross-reference to Verse.RecipeDef named MakePneumaticPick

But the real problem is the last one. This one causes it to crash. But I don't know where it really comes from.
It can be because the AIPawns aren't loaded.. But I honestly don't really know. It seems as if you have a multitude of problems with some of the mods.

My suggestion would be:
Redownload all your mods including Mai, so that they are on the newest version, activate one mod at a time, exit the game and look into the output_log.txt.
Whenever you find that the last line isn't something like this, the last mod creates some errors:

Non platform assembly: data-0CF444A0 (this message is harmless)
Fallback handler could not load library C:/Users/Owner/Downloads/RimWorldAlpha7Win/RimWorld581Win/RimWorld581Win_Data/Mono/data-0CF444A0.dll

Yeah I tried that earlier and nothing changed. Even then I had the same mods in alpha 6 and there were no problems. I'll try downloading them another time and see if it will change something this time. Thanks for the advice anyways.

Rikiki

MakePneumaticPick is from Mining & Co. mods.
I think you have not activated the "Common" mod before "Deepdriller + MMS". Did ::)

@Dude1925: Please PM me if you are still encountering problem about Mining & Co. mods.

Commander Beanbag

Hi, little request regarding the Nano Storage. When it's full, it wants to automatically switch mode to dispense. This is a problem, since I want to use them to store packaged survival meals to keep them away from my colonists when they're unneeded. Is there a way I could fix this?

E: A toggle would be the best as the mode switch is handy for mass storage for stuff like silver or metal.

Haplo

Quote from: Commander Beanbag on October 07, 2014, 05:47:46 PM
Hi, little request regarding the Nano Storage. When it's full, it wants to automatically switch mode to dispense. This is a problem, since I want to use them to store packaged survival meals to keep them away from my colonists when they're unneeded. Is there a way I could fix this?

E: A toggle would be the best as the mode switch is handy for mass storage for stuff like silver or metal.

I'm unsure if I want to add such a toggle. I find it a bit unnecessary. To make your survival meal storage you could just forbid the top item? Or do you use it because of the non-rotting-feature? :)
Still.. It would be easiest to just add a bit of wood, set that as the top item and forbid it.
Ok.. maybe there should be a toggle button.. I'll look into it and decide then if I do it or if not. :)