[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wex

Actually, I found a bug. The bionic brain implanct doesn't appear anymore on my operation tab. I have 2 of them, over 300 medicine and skilled doctors to do it. But it doesn't appear.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

Haplo

You are speaking of the "electronic BrainPal" or the "bionic BrainPal", right?
First try to save and reload.

Normally it should look something like this:

If that doesn't work, can you tell me which mods you're using?

Edit:
There is another way to reactivate it:
In the mod there is a special building I've made to activate, when the MapComponent doesn't work:
Go into the mod in this path: ..\Mods\Miscellaneous\Defs\ThingDefs
There you'll find a file named BrainPal_Buildings_Furniture.xml_disabled
If you change the extension to .xml you'll get a new medical bed that is slightly better then the normal medical bed. But once you've placed it, it should re-add the missing operation recipe..

If that doesn't help, I'll release a new Miscellaneous version this week. In there I'll change the add procedure a bit, so that it checks from time to time if the recipes are still available..

Bunkier

If im activated a MAI that is happening http://scr.hu/3217/4bpcn

Haplo

Haplo

How did you get 128 MAIs? ???
I think you've overloaded the system ;D

Sorry but I don't have any idea what you can do there...
But.. you can look into the folder RimWorld584Win_Data and post the file output_log.txt.
With luck in there is some more info about the problem.
Just play until the problem appears, end RimWorld and post the created file. Maybe we have some info in there..

Wex

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

Bunkier

Maybe is a mod conflict? And the MAI is still creating

Sorry for my english if is bad. Im from Poland ;d

eatKenny

hi, i know it's a lot to ask, but can you eventually make a similar non-human pawn like the drone in movie "oblivion"? it has high movespeed, very tanky, can only fight but good at it(maybe haul too ???). takes plasteel and gold and AI Core to build(so very limited number can be build). give it a high beauty state so when it has nothing to do it will boost up the colonist's mood.

Haplo

Quote from: sma342 on October 27, 2014, 01:00:11 PM
Maybe is a mod conflict? And the MAI is still creating

Sorry for my english if is bad. Im from Poland ;d

Hmm.. You've created a Mai, activated her and it Spawned the 128 Mai? I think it is a problem with the spawner. I'll look into it and try to find a reason why it doesn't self destruct..
Can you tell me which Mai you've created? The normal one or the enhanced one?

I've made a hardened version. Maybe it will solve your problem..
Please try this version if this is working for you:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/zmhu1bn1bbb4r9n/MAI_173_test.zip

Wex

Is it normal that the MAI (not Mai) can wear clothes and equip weapons? Why does it thinks it's naked (I know it has no impact on the game but it's bugging me).
Also: you can butcher and eat a "killed" MAI, it counts as cannibalism. I guess this was not intended.
    Harlan Ellison

Bunkier

Haplo

So.. Here is my newest update.

It doesn't look like much. Hmm, a Trader-Incident. What is in there, that's hard to do?

You would be astonished about how much work it is to add a walking trader, who comes to your colony and builds a tent where you can trade without the need of a comms console..
(You still need the trade beacon, and the goods still come via air-drop, but...)

And then comes the tent. Please ask mrofa about how long it was needed to get the tents right.
Ok, maybe it was because of my high demands, but he did his work brilliantly and now the trader has a bunch of tents to select from.

So.. Here it is. The newest release of Miscellaneous: The Trader-Incident!

PS: Don't you just love the powered up MAI? ;)

skullywag

*claps* I have so much more to learn..amazing work Haplo and mrofa your arts awesome as always. Cannot praise enough.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Shinzy

Quote from: skullywag on October 28, 2014, 04:49:51 PM
*claps* I have so much more to learn..amazing work Haplo and mrofa your arts awesome as always. Cannot praise enough.

Exactly what he says!
just switch the clap to applause and replace dots with exclamation marks! and add a tongue emote in the end cause that's howd the sentence would come out of my mouth!

I do hope they're not going to leave wooden floors around your map though! =P