[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halinder

Haplo

Lol, really :)
Was she at least immune to it?
I can't stop such infections right now, but I hopefully added an immunity to it..

obuw

Thanks a lot for your fantastic work on the mod!

I messed around with the MAI's and tried very hard to add an operation to replace batteries, but failed miserably. :(

I think you mentioned earlier in the thread that it would be too complicated for you to add MAI surgery. Maybe there is another, easier way, like a recipe that fully fixes a MAI for 100 metal, or maybe even just make MAI's self-repair (nanites!) one broken body part per 7 days?

Haplo

If I do anything related to Mai and surgery, it will be a while. As I have a few other things I want to do and this isn't anywhere high on my to do list, it will have to wait for now. Sorry, but most likely not anytime soon..

obuw

No worries, I think I'll just increase the body part healths on my local version instead. :-)

Haplo

Small tip: If you want to make her a bit harder to kill, you can change the <healthScale> value in the AIPawn_Race.xml
This increases the overal health of all body parts. This way you don't need to increase each individual body part :)

obuw

Ah, good to know what that value does. =)

But actually I don't want to make her harder to kill, just harder to lose parts. So for instance if I give her batteries the same amount of health as her torso, she can't actually lose a battery without dying, I think? Not sure how exactly the damage calculations work. =p

Haplo

Hmm, to be honest I also don't know if you can then only destroy the battery through destroying the torso.. Could be, but I don't know.

Haplo

Soon I'm updating again (a bed to help your downed visitors), but wanted to have your oppinion about something first:

What do you think about Miscellaneous?
Is it ok how it grows, or are you more of the oppinion that it should be parted into 3 or 4 parts, so that you can activate what ever you want seperately?

I could easily part it up, so that you get Mai, Miscellaneous, Misc_Turrets, Misc_Traders, Misc_Keybinding
or I let it be as it is right now, so that you have only the two main parts: Mai, Miscellaneous
or I could even merge that to just Miscellaneous.

So, what do you think?

Shinzy

Quote from: Haplo on November 04, 2014, 10:40:55 AM
Soon I'm updating again (a bed to help your downed visitors), but wanted to have your oppinion about something first:

What do you think about Miscellaneous?
Is it ok how it grows, or are you more of the oppinion that it should be parted into 3 or 4 parts, so that you can activate what ever you want seperately?

I could easily part it up, so that you get Mai, Miscellaneous, Misc_Turrets, Misc_Traders, Misc_Keybinding
or I let it be as it is right now, so that you have only the two main parts: Mai, Miscellaneous
or I could even merge that to just Miscellaneous.

So, what do you think?

"Maiscellaneous" =P
I think it works really fine how it is now
as far as I can tell each thing is locked behind a research so you can choose which bits you actually want to use in game aswell
keeping them separate could just be harder for you to maintain? I mean if you'd still keep a full pack available aswell

then again! totally different types of things might better be kept separate =P
I never much cared for the turrets myself

Ruin

I am always a fan of parting up mods so you choose what you want to play with.

Haplo

Iwillbenicetou

Or, you could do what Jaxxa did. Where there was modules, and you can choose between them. Though I still like the original Mod Pack of all of them merged. (is it your turrets with the really under textured turrets?
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Wex

Ok. I must be cursed.
This mod here: Mining&Co.: Deepdriller MkII + MMS MkII (V3.1, 28-10-14) breaks the merchant's tents. Sadly my snapshot is nowhere to be found, but the tent becomes a huge lump of meat, a mass of intricated cave walls or one of the workbench of the mod (albeit stretched). The "tent" still allow normal merchant transation.  :o

Also, right now -Miscellaneous, Mai- is perfect. Don't split it more, don't split it less.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

minami26

I really like your pace because you do quality over quantity,, unlike some modders out there,, hint: minami26

Yes, i really think that your mods should be set up as different downloads because each of them are diamonds theyre like bacon pancakes,, every single one of them is so damn good.

I just checked out your latest creation and im like "great master haplo has done it again".. can i add your awesome traders to ttm oh great haplo,, :3