[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haplo

I would say don't sell yourself under value ;)
As always you are welcome to take what you need. If you wait a few more days, you can also have the newest addition: a bed where you can heal downed visitors and I've finally worked out how to fix the saving of colonist positions.

@Wex: I'm unsure if it really is a problem with the traders. The trader tent uses the normal graphics defined via xml. I didn't do any graphic manipulation in there. Only the float menu and a few small other things, but nothing that even remotely affects the building graphic..

Wex

Weird. But also I had a M24 sniper turret, a huge bullet wound and a huge white hat. All this weirdness happened after I had that mod installed.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

Rikiki

@Wex: Can you give us some more detail about the bug please?
How to reproduce? What is when selecting the MMS?
I doubt M&Co. is implied. This bug was already reported when you activate a ton of mods and don't restart the game.

@Haplo: it is sometimes hard but I appreciate your intention of making your mod molular. :)

doujinftw

Will your next update be about fixing mai have real problem now she got her leg shot off and i put her on operation to euthanize but none will touch her idk what to do now really sad having to let her go she been helping the colonies a lots by dispose of corpses since everyone else just go insane if they stare at corpses for too long especially the full 100% difficulty having to deal with like 50 raiders.  :-\

Haplo

I've never tried the euthanize option on Mai. Will take a look, thank you :)

Wex

Quote from: Rikiki on November 05, 2014, 02:15:52 AM
@Wex: Can you give us some more detail about the bug please?
How to reproduce? What is when selecting the MMS?
I doubt M&Co. is implied. This bug was already reported when you activate a ton of mods and don't restart the game.

@Haplo: it is sometimes hard but I appreciate your intention of making your mod molular. :)
Oh, probably it's because I didn't start a fresh play. However, I had a few mods on, and nothing happened. Then, by adding the deepdriller, this visual bug appeared. Not before constructing the workbenches. I really don't know how to reproduce it. And I can't seem to find where the snapshot are stored.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

minami26

Hey haplo i have an error to report,

I dont have the log right now.

Its a save corrupting error that throws an object null reference on the traders.

What: misc_Trader mod
How to replicate:
Save the game when the traders are present on the map.

Then load that save .

------------
Post additional details later when i get to a computer.

Haplo

I am unable to reproduce it myself :(

While looking through the code I have found a few problems with it. Some of them do indeed have a crash possibility.
I'll try to catch them, so your savegame may be salvagable.. Maybe.. No promises..
A few more tests and I'll release the new version.

Haplo

New Update:
-Added a new bed, which can be used to help downed visitors
-Keybinding now saves the groups to the savegame
-Fixed (hopefully) the trader savegame problem
-Changed Mai to explode when she can't move anymore (lost leg)
-Changed Mai to slowly repair herself (Only normal wounds, no lost parts, and only as long as she isn't downed)
Sorry, but I can't get the medical recipes to work..

(I provide this for now in my old style: As Miscellaneous and Mai..)

Also here are a few pictures:

Igabod

I'm excited to try out the new stuff. Especially the saved positions of drafted people. The picture says push shift+7 to save it and then 7 to recall them to their position. Does this only work for shift+7? Or can you do the same for any of the other numbers (except 1 - 4 obviously) and have several different saved positions? Also, it would be cool if the tactical computer had a button to call people to their saved positions (if you didn't already add it). I'm going to download this update and try it out later. It's almost bed time for me now though.

Haplo

For me also, so don't hold me responsible for any errors you'll find ;P (Or maybe you can?)

And for the keys: I've only shown 7, but effectively you have the keys 7, 8 and 9 to use for different positions.
But: If you don't have a savegame where at the start of the colony miscellaneous 1.7.4 was active, you'll need to start a new game, as the MapComponent needed to control the keys is only created when you start a new colony. Later on it is loaded from your savegame.
So, when you don't have it in your savegame, it won't work in these games...

Shinzy

Ooh! (if only I had any friendlies to help anymore)
I may have to wait till A8 to play with this one, my current colony has been surviving
unacceptably long =P (even without any sort of killbox) But I blame your misc mod for that!

Oh and if I may ask!
What exactly happens after you've helped the allies on the bed? sew them back together and send em off?

Reysuke

Dear Haplo.
You are Awesome!
I love your mod :)
Faction Traders and now Healing them.
I always wanted such interaction with the other colonies.
Thank you
PS: Grüße aus Krefeld :p und sorry für das miese Englisch ^^

Haplo

@Shinzy:
You just have to try it out and see for yourself ;P
Maybe you'll get lucky. Leaving and maybe paying you for your help..
And.. If you can live without the key stuff, everything else doesn't need a new colony :)

@Reysuke:
Thanks. That is what I thought, too. You have some traders dying at your doorstep but can't help them? That needs to be corrected ;)
Und schöne Grüße aus ....  :-X 8)

Rikiki

@Wex: I did some more testing and I effectively got 1 time this strange bug (I did not restarted the game after activating the mod).
I saved and restarted the game and now way to reproduce it whatever the mod combination and order so my guess is: just restart the game after activating new mods (as written in the 4th step ::)).