[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wex

Quote from: Rikiki on November 06, 2014, 07:07:56 PM
@Wex: I did some more testing and I effectively got 1 time this strange bug (I did not restarted the game after activating the mod).
I saved and restarted the game and now way to reproduce it whatever the mod combination and order so my guess is: just restart the game after activating new mods (as written in the 4th step ::)).
Thanks. But the colony was already on year 4. I couldn't simply restart.
I'll wait for the "natural" ending of it. Or a crash.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

Devdisigdu

Quote from: Wex on November 07, 2014, 10:52:41 AM
Thanks. But the colony was already on year 4. I couldn't simply restart.
I'll wait for the "natural" ending of it. Or a crash.
Not the colony, restart as in the game itself. Quit to OS, then start the game back up. Usually fixes these texture bugs.

minami26

Thanks for the fast iteration haplo, i figured.the way i dissected ur mod also had something to do with it since i only included the traders .dll i just added everything,, its working good now no problems so far, cheers!

Haplo

As long as you took everything out there, it shouldn't be a problem.
I have sorted the stuff a bit like that. Trader.dll + all the xml that start with trader and you're normally fine :)
But I would advice to use the new trader.dll, as I really found some troublesome problems in the old version.
I wouldn't have found them, if it wasn't for your hints, so thank you :)

Wex

Quote from: Haplo on November 07, 2014, 12:27:19 PM
As long as you took everything out there, it shouldn't be a problem.
I have sorted the stuff a bit like that. Trader.dll + all the xml that start with trader and you're normally fine :)
But I would advice to use the new trader.dll, as I really found some troublesome problems in the old version.
I wouldn't have found them, if it wasn't for your hints, so thank you :)
Aren't you the most gracious modder ever? Thanks for your wonderful mod! :D
Just one question... Would slave traders ever pass by with this mod?
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

Haplo

Only the normal ones. I've excluded the slave traders from the ground based traders. To make them belivable I would need to let the slaves walk with the traders. Too much hassle for me to integrate that also. So, no..
Oh and tribe trader can only be food trader, so that it wouldn't be too strange, like having a tribe exotic goods or plasma weapon trader to come around ;)

Commander Beanbag

There's some issues with the nano storage devices. I built 26 of them and ran into some serious microhitching the next time I loaded the game. The problem ceased after deconstructing all of them, although it decreased in severity as they were destroyed.

Igabod

Quote from: Canute on November 08, 2014, 07:15:22 PM
A 32k metal storage could be 3x3 i wouldn't care ! :-)

Who has 32,000 metal laying around unused? That seems like an insane amount of metal. Why would you even keep that much if it's not being used? I've never had more than 4k metal at one point but I eventually used it all on turrets and conduit walls.

mrofa

Quote from: Canute on November 08, 2014, 07:15:22 PM
Bah Glitterworld slavetrader got Nanostorages lifesupport cages.
They carry their slave at their pantpockets or backpack ! :-)

About the nano storages, i don't realy like them. Because i can't see how much resources i got at all. Same with the CHEST storage.
From the custom event i notice, you can have larger stacks of resources then the standard sizes.
Can't you just made storages with extended stack size, but just 1 stack, without these rotating technique or internal storage (CHEST).
They even can be bigger then 1x1, depend on the stacksize. A 32k metal storage could be 3x3 i wouldn't care ! :-)

Stack size is defined in resource not in storage, so make it work for stuff in storage might be kinda hard.
All i do is clutter all around.

skullywag

Hmmm is stacksize something that can changed per instance of a stack in a tile. I.e normal stacksize is 75 but when on "chest" its 500. If its been coded the same way as other things it might be doable but i woukd assume Haplo would have thought of this if it was...
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

mrofa

Well you can change stacksize in game with this.stacksize = x but problem with this is that it will change stacksize of every type of that resources so every i.e. metal in game will have x as a stack size not only the one in storage

Commander Beanbag

Maybe instead the table can move a new stack on top of a stack already on the table? I don't think the game has issues with multiple items on one tile.

Haplo

It is a while since I did anything with the storage, but I think the problem is as mrofa said, that the stack size can only be set for the def and therefor for all instances of it. You set the stacksize to 300 and you have all stacks of that resource sitting in your storages with the capability to hold a stack of 300.
And the other possibility, to create the items on top of each other is possible, but looks more like a bug than a valid storage option.
There was another suggestion a while ago, that the storage should vanish the top item but doesn't accept anything more.
I've looked into it but for now won't do it. The reason is that the storage right now uses a consistent storage field to motivate the colonists to haul items to and from it. If I would have to shut it off for there to be no more top item, when it's full, I have to delete the storage field on it.
It is doable, as I do something similiar with other stuff like the assembler for Mai, but it's not anything high on my priority list for now. It takes a bit of work and changes only a small thing.. I don't know..

mrofa

I think that good workaround and (Just in theory) easier would be to simply add  and  entry in resource cout list, that X ammount of that resource is in nano storage.

Haplo

Even that isn't that simple. Sure I could just count it and make an overview of every item in it in a compressed form, but you loose the view of which items really are inside.
Lets say I have three instances of metal, 1x50 2x75. Right now you see that you have them in this quantity. The internal list is ordered like that. If I say just metal = 200 you loose the info that it really are three stacks in there. Ok, here it is rather easy, but what if the stacks are 36, 52, 43. How do you see these stack sizes (that still are inside) if you only see the result metal = 131?
I could make a kind of sorting mechanism inside, that also works with the internal lists, but that is something to do if I know what the end result should be. I don't like to rebuild the storage again and again, just because someone doesn't like how it is right now. Everything has it's pro's and contra's. The problem is finding the best solution..