[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loki88

Quote from: DrBubba on December 23, 2014, 03:01:25 PM
I've built the Assembler, I've built the Mobile AI, and it's just laying there set to Inactive.  I've added a bill to activate it and I have all the necessary recources, but no one is doing it.

Am I missing something?

If you're activating the standard AI there's some kind of bug where the 40 gold it says it needs actually gets multiplied by 20 so that it winds up taking 800 gold which is ludicrous. If you want to fix it yourself the file is under Mods / MAI / Defs / RecipeDefs / Aipawn_recipe_ActivatePawn.xml  Look for

<li>
            <filter>
               <thingDefs>
                  <li>Gold</li>
               </thingDefs>
            </filter>
            <count>40</count>
         </li>

Change the 40 to a 2 and it will bring the total cost of gold to 40 instead of 800 (I think it's a bug to do with gold stacking up to 400 now). I think Haplo said he will fix this in the next update but if you're impatient (such as I am) that's a quick fix

Everteal

Nano storage makes my game freeze for a split second on constant intervals of... a split second which makes it nearly unplayable.
Also deconstructing nano storage/tactical computer/tactical terminal does not return any resources.
A8e and tested on a new game.

Haplo

Thank you all for the bug reports. I'll address them when I can work on it again (after the Christmas days).

So for now:
Merry Christmas everyone! ;D

Haplo

Update:
I've fixed the gold problem for now (it needs now the 40 Gold, even if it tells you it needs 2 :) Will eventually look further into it..)
The NanoStorage problems should now be gone too.

The following problems I couldn't reproduce:
-Doors are built without problems, even if I activated the locked doors
-Deconstruction of the nano storage, tactical computer and terminal do return resources.
  They only return no resources, when deconstructed via the dev tool for me.

Loki88

Is there a way to get them to stop dropping their door keys? I had one colonist drop his key every time he completed a hauling task but there were no error pop ups. Are they able to drop them on purpose (such as when they're downed and need to be rescued). I've had prisoners starve to death because I wasn't paying attention and my warden lost his key. (I set my prison door to open with key only to prevent visitors from kicking the crap out of my prisoners)

Or could there be a way to set colonists to automatically grab a new key from the tactical computer? Or at the very least a pop up warning such as the "hunter lacks weapon" to read "Colonist lost door key... Again!"

I really like this mod and enjoy using it except for my derps constantly losing their house keys!

Haplo

My problem is that I don't even know what causes the door key drops..
I don't do anything that would affect the door keys and yet they loose them..
I really need to find the cause of this.
You say it was after a hauling task was finished? An automatic hauling task? Is that reproducable? But why?... Argh...

Loki88

It was only one colonist and he would drop it when he dropped potatoes in the stock pile, he was my indoor gardener. That was the only instance of it happening like that. The main occurrence is when they are downed and need rescue.

Is there a way to borrow the part of the UI that checks for a hunter having a weapon and adapt it to check for a key? If there is though shouldn't that mean you could hypothetically set it as a work giver def to get a new key if their's its been dropped?

My modding skills are thus far a bit barbaric so I can only speculate as to how to do this.

sgtmiller1233

Hey i was curious, im trying to get mai, everything else appears to be up and working but she is missing? Is it an unlockable research or am I missing something?

Loki88

Quote from: sgtmiller1233 on December 27, 2014, 08:24:53 PM
Hey i was curious, im trying to get mai, everything else appears to be up and working but she is missing? Is it an unlockable research or am I missing something?

MAI is a separate download in the OP.

sgtmiller1233

Quote from: Loki88 on December 27, 2014, 08:38:01 PM

Hey thank you, ill just download that as well then. Saved me a couple of hours trying to figure out what I was doing wrong.

Loki88

Quote from: sgtmiller1233 on December 27, 2014, 08:44:46 PM
Quote from: Loki88 on December 27, 2014, 08:38:01 PM

Hey thank you, ill just download that as well then. Saved me a couple of hours trying to figure out what I was doing wrong.

I did the same thing so I figured helping would be nice :p

BinaryBlackhole

I found a bug with the nano storage with meals meals are distributed in stacks of 1 then more are added to the stack which is showing if that stack fills up then any other meals will be placed in a stockpile ingredientss are not shown in meals that are put in the nano storage to start with is this connected.

FoolishBalloon

Sorry if it's already been asked, but I'm not feeling like wading through 34 pages.. Is it possible to get a new arm for my MAI? It got ripped off by a hoard of mad boars, and I can't seem to replace it.

Haplo

No,  the amputation/prothesis doesn't work on Mai. But you can add an native assembler to her bed, fill it with plasteel and watch as her arm hopefully regrow in her sleeping cycle.

Zilch

MAI can go on a rampage lol
If there is enough corpses it can overtake the +100 from being an android.