[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MajorMonotone

I'm not sure if anyone else has experienced this but does no one get any silver listed in their trade menus? I ask because I know the mod has it's own trade event and I was wondering if it could possibly brake the trading system because the local trader never worked for me and now my trade doesn't work at all.

Asero

Personally never had an issue with traders (or anything else :D) when running this mod.

As far as I can see this mod doesn't change/affect any of the space-ship traders, but several other mods do like Glitterworld, Ts-Mods and ExtraTurrets...

Possibly a conflict/mod load order?

MajorMonotone

Quote from: Asero on December 28, 2014, 11:11:26 AM
Personally never had an issue with traders (or anything else :D) when running this mod.

As far as I can see this mod doesn't change/affect any of the space-ship traders, but several other mods do like Glitterworld, Ts-Mods and ExtraTurrets...

Possibly a conflict/mod load order?
Seems that way, I don't have a clue on how to find which mod conflicts as disabling a mod will break the save I'm on atm.

Haplo

One requirement that is often forgotten with the ground traders is, that they still need the orbital trade beacon. Without that the trader doesn't know which silver is for trade and you'll have no available silver in the trade menu.
So the first question is: Do you have silver in range of an orbital trade beacon?

MajorMonotone

Quote from: Haplo on December 28, 2014, 12:16:10 PM
One requirement that is often forgotten with the ground traders is, that they still need the orbital trade beacon. Without that the trader doesn't know which silver is for trade and you'll have no available silver in the trade menu.
So the first question is: Do you have silver in range of an orbital trade beacon?
Yes, it's placed in the middle of the stockpile, has no roof.
If you want I can provide a screenshot.

Haplo

Then it is indeed strange. The local trader can't really break the traders, as it uses the same code as the orbital traders to do the actual trading. Effectively, all I do is provide a different way to open the normal trade window. The trading code itself isn't touched by me, what the reason is, that it needs the beacon.
Do you have the same problem with the vanilla game? Or only when you have mods active?

SabakuOokami

Quote from: MajorMonotone on December 28, 2014, 12:39:42 PM
Quote from: Haplo on December 28, 2014, 12:16:10 PM
Yes, it's placed in the middle of the stockpile, has no roof.
If you want I can provide a screenshot.

Are you 100% sure that you have a beacon there?
I completely forget about the trade beacon myself, thinking I either don't need it for the land-traders or I just forget about it.

As for a screenshot, well it might help. It might not.

MajorMonotone

Quote from: Haplo on December 28, 2014, 01:59:07 PM
Then it is indeed strange. The local trader can't really break the traders, as it uses the same code as the orbital traders to do the actual trading. Effectively, all I do is provide a different way to open the normal trade window. The trading code itself isn't touched by me, what the reason is, that it needs the beacon.
Do you have the same problem with the vanilla game? Or only when you have mods active?
The Vanilla game is fine so it must be the mods I have, if you want I can list all the mods I have and if you or anyone can possibly help me with find out which mod might be the culprit?

Quote from: SabakuOokami on December 28, 2014, 02:52:15 PM
Are you 100% sure that you have a beacon there?
I completely forget about the trade beacon myself, thinking I either don't need it for the land-traders or I just forget about it.

As for a screenshot, well it might help. It might not.
http://gyazo.com/ad2a05dfadc72d7725304c77f2a334dc It is out in the open sky free of any obstructions.

Sokengo

Can you separate each mod to be a separate mod to turn them on/off more easily?

galford13x

I seem to have trouble getting the MAI to activate.  I have plenty of plasteel and steel.  I add a bill to activate even with crafters of 19 skill, but nobody activates the MAI.  I noticed when the MAI pawn is selected there is a claim button,  I've also tried claiming before and after i've created a bill to activate.

I have also tried both Advanced (I had an AI core) and without.  I simply cannot seem to get one of my pawns to walk over and activate the MAI pawn.

Haplo

Do you have the 40 plasteel and the 40 gold to activate Mai?
When you activate the enhanced MAI you need a core and 50 plasteel.
If you have this you should be able to activate her..

Loki88

Quote from: galford13x on December 29, 2014, 06:00:33 PM
I seem to have trouble getting the MAI to activate.  I have plenty of plasteel and steel.  I add a bill to activate even with crafters of 19 skill, but nobody activates the MAI.  I noticed when the MAI pawn is selected there is a claim button,  I've also tried claiming before and after i've created a bill to activate.

I have also tried both Advanced (I had an AI core) and without.  I simply cannot seem to get one of my pawns to walk over and activate the MAI pawn.

I've had this happen as well. I disassembled it and rebuilt it which seems to work, but its a repeating thing. I've also got a boat load of mods activated which is what I attributed it to so I didn't say anything. This mod and extended surgery + bionics don't seem to play nice with each other.

Idlemind79

Where can I find these mods individually? It conflicts with the Panic and Insomina mod and I really want "visitors beds" for alpha 8!

Kane Hart

Quote from: Idlemind79 on December 29, 2014, 08:42:05 PM
Where can I find these mods individually? It conflicts with the Panic and Insomina mod and I really want "visitors beds" for alpha 8!

This I would love to have Visitors bed as well only.

Asero

I actually wanted to post earlier to ask where to modify the starting skill-levels on the Enhanced AI > as personally, I feel it's set way too low :( > but I finally managed to locate it  ;D

Other than that, definitely one of the mods I won't play the game without.