[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nirahiel

By the way, could you make this ?
Nanite assemblers doesn't just store plasteel, they actually turn it into nanites. (Resource like electricity maybe ?)
MAI's beds, once turned into "medical" beds, will "charge" with nanites (from connected assemblers), and when a MAI needs to be repaired, she goes into this bed to regrow lost parts.

Haplo

I've added something, where I'm not too sure what now and if I should even continue it:

As I played the first time in alpha 7 the rainforest and stumbled over a cobra, I thought it would attack me, so I stayed the hell away from them. That was until I found out how tame they are..
Now I've changed the Cobra a bit: If you come too close, she will attack you. You can only defend yourself, or run as fast as you can to get away :)

My only problem is, now that I've done it, I don't know what to do with it.
Maybe I could add the same for the megascarrabs, but else.. So for now it is an optional test download. Until I decide what to do with it..

dareddevil7

Quote from: Haplo on January 10, 2015, 07:00:54 PM
I've added something, where I'm not too sure what now and if I should even continue it:

As I played the first time in alpha 7 the rainforest and stumbled over a cobra, I thought it would attack me, so I stayed the hell away from them. That was until I found out how tame they are..
Now I've changed the Cobra a bit: If you come too close, she will attack you. You can only defend yourself, or run as fast as you can to get away :)

My only problem is, now that I've done it, I don't know what to do with it.
Maybe I could add the same for the megascarrabs, but else.. So for now it is an optional test download. Until I decide what to do with it..

you could have a cobra's bite apply a whole body effect of cobra venom, which could reduce consciousness and motor functions, and for other animals, there could be a specific time of year where male, largish animals would become hostile to colonists and other human AI, if they got too close, on account of it being mating season. But these are just ideas, I don't know how to code mods for rimworld so I have no clue how possible this would even be.

Haplo

Quote from: Canute on January 11, 2015, 09:32:59 AM
<snip>
Thanks for the info. That is something I've forgotten..

Update:
The WeaponBase can now 'scroll' through the masses of weapons that you may have.
Originally it would only show the first ten weapons and you couldn't add weapons that would be found later in the list.
Now you can right-click the Weapon Base a second time to get to the next page of weapons. Reapeat again and again until you find the weapon you wanna have installed.

The Trader got a more simple update: When the traders place their trading tent, it will check if an orbital trade beacon is available. If no beacon is found it will throw a message, reminding you that you need one.

Haplo

Just a small test build where I'm unsure if I'll continue it.
This one transforms the cobra sheeps into something a bit more aggressive.
Don't come too close to one. she may attack :)

Loki88

Is it possible to make the traders set up camp within a certain radius of the trade beacon ( unless there's no space available of coarse ) I keep having them camp out in random spots where I've built things like graves or a piece of wall near crypto sleep caskets in the middle of nowhere, I play on large maps so having to have someone run all the way out there is quite tedious. Plus in reality if someone were coming to trade with you wouldn't the logical place for trading to occur be near the beacon where all the trade goods are?

thataussieguy43

I'm having a problem with the MAI mod, where the resource needed to make a MAI is metal instead of steel.
the resource to make the building station is steel, it's just the production resource needed.
I haven't started a new colony after I installed the mod, so I'm wondering if I need to start a new colony or if it's just a bug.

harpo99999

it might be the issue regarding the 'precious' metals (gold and silver) needing 20 times the quantity

Haplo

You mean this, don't you?
Don't worry, that is just the wrong label. It seems I've missed to rename this..
But it works normal. It needs the same amount of Steel. Really not Metal.
I'll correct it with the next update. But it does work correctly, so it's not a must have now change :)

[attachment deleted due to age]

thataussieguy43

sorry, it was just I had one up and almost immediately it was filled with silver, but even after quite sometime not a single piece of steel was delivered to it. I even moved it right next to my steel stockpile but still not a single bit of steel found it's way to the machine.so I thought it was because it was labelled metal instead of steel.
I then noticed that it sort of acts like a stockpile in that I can manually tell my colonists to haul the steel and they will put it in the machine.
anyway, sorry for bothering you and I just like to say I am loving the mod at the moment,keep up the good work. :)

Rock5

First use of the nano storage and I must say I'm disappointed.

In receive mode it pushes down stackable items 1 at a time so instead of 10(or is it 9) stacks of the items you only end up with 10 single items. Isn't it possible to add stackable items to existing stacks?

And I think I understand the limitation of not being able to take an item when in receive mode and not being able to add items when in dispense mode. I think the only option is to make a 2 square device, 1 square for input and the other for output. The output would always show an item that can be taken (with an option to cycle through the items like you have now) and the input would always be empty and ready to receive items, unless of course the device is full.

As it is now I think I'm going to deconstruct it. It's useless unless I micromanage it, which I don't want to do.

I hope I'm not as disappointed with your other additions when I finally try them.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Haplo

Yes, you aren't alone with the opinion, that the nano storage isn't really that good as it is right now.
I will overhaul it, just didn't have time yet to do that.

Any suggestions, what a nano storage must have? :)
I'm not sure if I really want to do a two cell building for it. Maybe the code just needs optimization?

Nirahiel

What i'd really like to do (unfortunately it's not doable i think) is a chest.
Like a whole stockpile area, but in a Thing.
Pawns come and drop items here (nothing appear, it's not like a weapon rack, the chest is closed), and can come here to take resources when they need to craft.
Clicking on the chest opens a GUI with the stacks inside.

Rock5

Quote from: Haplo on January 16, 2015, 12:51:49 PM
Any suggestions, what a nano storage must have? :)
I'm not sure if I really want to do a two cell building for it. Maybe the code just needs optimization?
Like I said, you should be able to add and remove items at the same time without having to switch mode. If you can do that with just 1 square then great! It just seems to me it might not be possible. If not, I'd rather have 2 squares with the functionality than 1 square without. And it should be able to add stackable items to any existing stacks in the storage. I don't think there is anything else I'd want.

BTW, how do you make MAI? I don't see it anywhere.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport