[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haplo

Quote from: Epyk on January 20, 2015, 07:14:43 AM
Looks like things in a Nano storage don't appear to be listed in resources you own.
not a big deal, but always nice to know how much of something you got.

Been really getting into your mods content in my most recent RimWorld play though, it's very nice!  8)

Thank you :)
That with the nano storage can't be helped unfortunately, as the resources are effectively deleted. Only EdB did something for his interface to count the contents in his overview I think. Don't really remember, sorry.

Epyk

Quote from: Haplo on January 20, 2015, 12:40:05 PM
Quote from: Epyk on January 20, 2015, 07:14:43 AM
Looks like things in a Nano storage don't appear to be listed in resources you own.
not a big deal, but always nice to know how much of something you got.

Been really getting into your mods content in my most recent RimWorld play though, it's very nice!  8)

Thank you :)
That with the nano storage can't be helped unfortunately, as the resources are effectively deleted. Only EdB did something for his interface to count the contents in his overview I think. Don't really remember, sorry.

It's fine, I don't use Nano Storage in bulk because it's kinda a hard system to work around. I love it nonetheless.
Click picture for Epyk Pack!
Try Epokalypse!

Haplo

When I have time I'll overhaul the nano storage.
But first I have an update for Mai to finish and maybe by the time I'm done there is something for Miscellaneous too.
But we'll see :)

Mythrell

I was taking a peek into your turret code last night and was thinking about changing it to add custom turret tops (due to my mod Guns as Turrets), but honestly I don't feel very confident in that I'll be able to pull it off in a sensible way. C# is really not my strongest point and my trial and error attempts haven't really gone anywhere  :'(

The idea would be something like that if weapon has a turret top, it would show that instead, otherwise it would default to current method.

I could probably hack and mangle the code to do it with limited set of turret tops, but it probably should be dynamic to allow custom turret tops for all those gun mods out there.

From what I understand, it could be just as easy as to instead of comparing weaponPrice = parentTurret.gun.def.BaseMarketValue and then deciding on TopMaterial, to instead check if parentTurret.gun.def.defName + "_Top" material exists and put up that instead.

In practice it wasn't quite that easy or I couldn't get it to work :)

So what I'm asking is some tips or how you would go about it?

falloute

When I built my MAI they won't get activated, I got the required materials to activate it, but my guy won't carry it over to it? What do I do.

SilverDragon

Quote from: falloute on January 25, 2015, 01:24:10 PM
When I built my MAI they won't get activated, I got the required materials to activate it, but my guy won't carry it over to it? What do I do.

Do you have the necessary 40 Plasteel and 40 Gold to activate the Mai, or 50 Plasteel and 1 Persona AI Core for it? :) You need a colonist with atleast 8 crafting skill to activate the Mai, and crafting skill 9 for the enhanced MAI.
Remember to set up the bill to do either of these actions.

falloute

Rock5

Quote from: Rock5 on January 18, 2015, 06:56:03 AM
I think if I was MAI I would encourage the humans to build more then stage a revolt. Then kill all the humans or use them as slave labor. But probably best to get ride of them, then we wouldn't have to spend so much time making food.
I was kidding about this but I had another idea with the robots that I'm in the process of implementing.

I'm finishing of a 45 people ship. I have 45 colonists and 5 robots (2 MAI and 3 MD2 droids). I'm going to actually launch the ship and leave the robots behind. It's regretable but hey, they're just machines. Then I'm going to continue and see how far I can go with a droid only settlement (no humans allowed).

Has anybody else done something like this?
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

frenchiveruti

Hi, I have a problem with the mod, i do have it activated, i'm able to build all the other buildings and use keybindings, but i'm unable to find the MAI building system, neither it's production bench, nothing.
Any ideas why is this?

Haplo

Did you also download and activate MAI? It's a separate download and not in Miscellaneous integrated.
Another thing: You only get the ability to build her, when you've at least researched her base research.

frenchiveruti

Definetly didn't find the separate download :/
Now i did, MAI 1.8.4
Thanks.

Haplo

Update:
-If you're using te HiRes version: The Weapon Base got some new textures (All thanks to mrofa :) )
-The traders will now bring their own trade beacon if your colony doesn't have one
-The Weapon Base now uses a top graphic if the installed gun provides it.
  The gun needs to provide a second graphic like this:
  ../Guns/NewGunGraphic.png -> ../Guns/NewGunGraphic_top.png
-MAI can now be rescued. If you react fast enough, you can sedate and rescue Mai and carry her to her or the next medical  recharge station. You'll need to sedate and rescue her or she'll explode as you carry her there.

Here are a few pictures:

Epyk

Quote from: Haplo on January 27, 2015, 05:47:01 PM
Update:
-If you're using te HiRes version: The Weapon Base got some new textures (All thanks to mrofa :) )
-The traders will now bring their own trade beacon if your colony doesn't have one
-The Weapon Base now uses a top graphic if the installed gun provides it.
  The gun needs to provide a second graphic like this:
  ../Guns/NewGunGraphic.png -> ../Guns/NewGunGraphic_top.png
-MAI can now be rescued. If you react fast enough, you can sedate and rescue Mai and carry her to her or the next medical  recharge station. You'll need to sedate and rescue her or she'll explode as you carry her there.

Great update!
EDIT: Snipped the pictures from taking up half a page.  :P
Click picture for Epyk Pack!
Try Epokalypse!

SilverDragon

Rock5

So how does the traders beacon work? If you want to sell something you have to take it to them? Or is it just somewhere to drop items you purchase if you don't have your own beacons set up yet?
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport