A17 visitor wont leave

Started by patoka, October 19, 2017, 07:29:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patoka

so i recently posted in the "funniest thing you've seen" thread that i recently got methusalem as a visitor. he has all kinds of sicknesses and is therefore very slow and starved till he fainted. i wanted to patch him up and send him on his way, but i accidentally stripped all his clothes and he wouldnt get dressed anymore and it was deep winter, so he could barely walk 3 squares from my base before losing consciousness from the cold. i had to save him over and over again and tried many things to make him leave the map earlier, but he just isnt able to, even if i put him in a bed as near as possible to the map edge. winter and his countless and relentless tries to get up and away had its toll on him, he lost two toes and two fingers due to infections and frostbites.

my issue here is that for the past few days he didnt get up anymore and now the temperature would be just right for him. he is frail, has a bad back, dementia, double cataract, double hearing loss and a scar aside from two lost toes and fingers which leaves him with very little.
movement 14%
consciousness 80%
manipulation 19%
and so on. my question is if he legit isnt able to move or if this is a bug. also, if this is real, can i drug him to make him go the heck home? which ones should i use, is a smokeleaf joint enough, or do i have to go for flake or even harder?
even more importantly, this guy has been giving me quite some grief lately, what organs can i steal from him without pissing anyone off? i would imagine his liver being alright, but he'd surely die from it sooner or later. would he still be able to leave the map tho?

(see further down below for how things evolved)

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]
surely you dont need to rebutcher corpses that you already half butchered if you leave the table to smoke a joint real quick?

patoka

i know, i didnt add a save game or log file, but do you really need it for this case?
my question really is just if there is a minimum movement speed or else the character wont even get up, similarly to the minimum consciousness that any character needs to move. if there is none, the guy should be able to move, which he doesnt. if there is a minimum movement speed needed for any action, will drugs save him, or is he a vegetable for good (or at least until i install a biomechanical leg or whatever it is called)
surely you dont need to rebutcher corpses that you already half butchered if you leave the table to smoke a joint real quick?

giannikampa

I had a similar situation: prisoner too unhealty to walk on his feet and leave the map on release. I drugged him, i think using wake up, or go juice, not sure, he stood up and could leave the map. Pretty sure he wouldn't survive that much.
I don't see a bug in what you descrbed
And as always.. sorry for my bad english

patoka

my issue here is that i have never heard of a minimum movement speed, especially not it being above 14%. the only thing that has a minimum percentage to work is consciousness, but even there i dont get handed an exact number.
furthermore, technically, 14% isnt THAT slow, he is just 7 times slower than normal. in winter i had the additional issue of snow slowing him down, but now he should be fit enough and most importantly he shouldnt freeze anymore. the only thing that could happen to him is that he starts to starve before those 8 squares or so are over...
nevermind, i just found sth on the wiki completely by chance, i was even looking for sth else because i gave up on searching for it:
QuoteAny time a pawn's moving is reduced to below 20% through any combination of factors, they become incapacitated and can no longer do anything. They can be rescued or captured at this point. Note that an injured pawn may eventually be able to recover on their own as the pain levels drop, although blood loss may prevent this or cause them to collapse again.
QuoteConsciousness

Consciousness is a creature's ability to remain active, and in the case of your colonists, controllable. Blood loss, starvation and pain can have a serious effect on a creature's consciousness if they reach higher levels. Pawns below 30% consciousness will not wake up. When a medical operation is performed, anesthesia is induced, which renders the person unconscious until the effect of the anesthetic medication has worn off. This makes them incapable of moving, along with being incapable of leaving the bed.
source: http://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/Health

so i guess that explains it, so now i know what drugs to use to remedy this situation. yayo should be enough already, perhaps even flake if the pain from that one scar is that bad. gonna try with a save game, just to be sure. and yes, go juice would make anybody "go" again ;) even wake-up can achieve that, though, to most people at least.

thanks to everyone that read this, i think you can close this thread now and purge it into the data nirvanaactually the situation seems to be a bit more difficult than that

patoka

i'm an idiot. so i just produced my first yayo at that place, ready to drug the invalid visitor. but now it says that his faction would get pissed if i administered some yayo on him. the whole aim of me healing him was to get faction respect, so if i lost it again immediately, i might aswell just let him die in the cold and make leather and kibble out of him...or is there a way, still?
maybe putting it right under his head, he might do some drugs since he doesnt have anything to lose?
do i maybe have to do it differently? not with operation -> administer yayo, but somehow else?
i am so confused, i am just trying to get him out of here but he is making this task so hard.

EDIT:
since this isnt a bug anymore for sure, could someone move this thread to the correct topic? thanks, my man

EDITEDIT:
suddenly it looks like a bug again? i really dont know. maybe a MOD could halp? ;)

NeverPire

Quote from: patoka on October 22, 2017, 09:01:35 PM
So i just produced my first yayo at that place, ready to drug the invalid visitor. but now it says that his faction would get pissed if i administered some yayo on him. the whole aim of me healing him was to get faction respect, so if i lost it again immediately, i might aswell just let him die in the cold and make leather and kibble out of him...or is there a way, still?

The problem you just reveal here is maybe interesting to note somewhere as I think this kind of situation is strange.
I will never do worse than what I do now.
It's what self-improvement means.

patoka

Quote from: NeverPire on October 23, 2017, 04:56:53 PM
The problem you just reveal here is maybe interesting to note somewhere as I think this kind if situation is strange.
oh, this isnt intended? i mean i'd get pissed if another faction drugged my colonists, but then again it would be only a single dose and it is even yayo, one of the softest drugs in the game.
i kind of just assumed this was intended by the game...imma post my save game down below. unfortunately i couldnt find output_log.txt in the rimworld folder anywhere (it is a non-steam version)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yai2nyw16eo7g6f/patokacopy.7z?dl=0
(i hope this link works just fine, i didnt put too much thought into it)

patoka

alright, so since nobody could help me, i godmode-d his dementia away which made him stand up and leave no problem and i got my reputation.
karma is a b though so guess what happened. a caravan got into an ambush and while i was getting ready after dealing with the situation, my "beloved" methusalem and 10 of his friends came along for a visit and he still has all his issues, but he now has clothes again.
guess how i found out who it was...yes, it was the slowest one of the group

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Dashthechinchilla

I had a group of visitors get attacked by a mad animal. One got a shattered spine. The next time their faction sent a caravan, they used "emergency exit" and fled the map, taking shattered spine with them. They also tunneled several holes in my defense walls.

The trouble is, I could never get them to repeat this with other debilitating ailments. For example,  I had an 89 year old cole with a bad back and dementia that kept coming with a trade caravan. If his faction visited while he was downed, they ignored him. Luckily for me he always left the map with help, and eventually he never came back.

ison

Okay, thanks for reporting, I see the problem. But I'm not sure if there's any easy way to fix this. We can't simply let colonists administer drugs without consequences, because it's sometimes difficult to tell the intentions. In this case it looks like there's nothing you can do to save the visitor. I'm not sure it's a bug per-se, but it's strange indeed. I'll think about it, thanks.