What size of map everyone playing?

Started by Mutineer, October 20, 2017, 04:06:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CannibarRechter

CR All Mods and Tools Download Link
CR Total Texture Overhaul : Gives RimWorld a Natural Feel
CR Moddable: make RimWorld more moddable.
CR CompFX: display dynamic effects over RimWorld objects

Mst

Sounds promising, guess I'll test it in a18

rianzextv

Quote from: Kirby23590 on November 13, 2017, 06:39:19 PM
I prefer Default or 275x275 or maybe 300x300 and 325x325.

It runs fine. But i don't want to risk a some or a major lag in late game with ludeonicrous sized maps.

I will need that for having more space building my colony. (Yes i build in outdoors.) And mining materials. It does help but the cons of having a large map is when having a space chunk drop or a useful cargo pods containing medicine drop off near the edge of the map. You have walk very far away. And hunting, most of the animals will stay near the borders of the map and of course walking there to hunt for food...
and friendly caravans will take time to reach your colony depending where you built it and where they spawned.

But the pros of having a large map, with raids or manhunter packs arriving. Depending where you built your colony is that it will take them time to reach your colony while preparing your defenses. and of course raining mortar on em'. With larger maps, harvesting and mining resources is a bit more plentiful, and there would be more steam geysers appearing but the problem with steam geysers in those maps is most of the time that they would appear far away from your colony. Larger maps also has a increasing chance of a ancient ruins appearing in numbers. (Don't know if its a pro or a con, i say it's neutral)

Well that's all i got to say! Sometimes i go default but i eat up some resources in the map quickly sometimes. ;D

the 250 x 250 Map is the game default right?

Canute

Yes.
200,225,250,275,300,325 are the possible vanilla mapsizes