Why I can't dress incapacitated colonist? Keeps Tattered apparel/Unhappy Nudity

Started by Yoshida Keiji, October 21, 2017, 09:25:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoshida Keiji

"-June, I've been trained to dismantle a bomb in the pitch-black with nothing but a safety pin and a Junior Mint, I think I can get you in an out of some clothes without... looking. I'm not saying that's what I did.-"

Don't hospital nurses change clothes from their patients?

Canute

Basicly it should be possible.
With the Straitjacket mod from jecrell you can force all kind of people into straitjackets.
Maybe ask jecrell to modify the mod for a hospital shirt ! :-)

Seriously Unserious

That makes sense. Prisioners and incapacitated pawns should be able to have a "change clothes" or a "force wear ___" command available for doctors/wardens, so we don't have pawns who are incapacitated for a long time getting those unhappy nudity, cold, or tattered apparel bad moodlets with nothing we can do about it.

sadpickle

It would be nice to be able to set a uniform for prisoners like colonists.

BlackSmokeDMax

It would be nice to have this feature. Of course it really doesn't matter, as long as they are incapacitated they can't really break, so no real upside to getting them in a good mood. Besides role-playing, which I guess is a good enough reason. (for me)

Seriously Unserious

@BlackSmokeDMax - They can break if they recover mobility and are a break risk at the time, so it's still important to keep them in a good mood, even if only to prevent a break shortly after recovering enough to move about. It would suck to have someone go into a berserk rage in the middle of a hospital full of nearly dead patients and your best doctor because they had 1 too many bad moodlets and removing, a clothing related one may have raised their mood enough to reduce their break risk just enough to prevent that sort of mental break.

Vlad0mi3r

Why Yoshida, why? Is this like the brain dead guy you had the other day?

If they are immobile why care about there mood? Put a critical stockpile, tribal wear next to their bed and when they wakeup they will get dressed. I am sure you already know that will work.

The only reason I could see someone wanting to do this is if there was a clown suit mod released. Then you could dress your incapacited prisoners etc in clown suits. Actually this is a much better Idea any modders out there want to make a clown suit mod. Like tribal wear but a clown suit. Then I could have my own clown army. I need to learn how to Mod.
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503

Yoshida Keiji

Spine shattered, can't move, permanently bed ridden, won't stand to get dressed. I just shouldn't have rescued the colonist and just let him die...mostly due to poor game mechanics, not personal will. If only we had wheelchairs...

I don't know how other players use the alert envelopes at the right side, but I keep them up until I complete them. If it's a drop pod, I keep the blue envelope until my colonists had picked up the wanted items, and sometimes, the most important notifications end up climbing so high I can't see the ones that appear on top.

And... in this case, the Tattered apparel or Unhappy nudity ends up unnecessarily stacking up all other alerts...Actually I'm going to start another thread for that.

I ended up euthanizing by cut the incapacitated and heavy regreated it as it was relative of another colony member and relations between the doctor and the relative were heavily punished with -80 social from the relative... I don't understand why taking someone out of his misery (vegetative support) has to be so punishing to the player...

Vlad0mi3r

Yep that's a tough call. Are you sticking with vanilla or have you added any mods?
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503

Wishmaster

Annoying indeed. Once got a downed colonist I rescued after a daze in snow (before A17..) but frooze to death afterwards because i had no heat inside and could not put his clothes back on.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Wishmaster on October 23, 2017, 07:40:20 PM
Annoying indeed. Once got a downed colonist I rescued after a daze in snow (before A17..) but frooze to death afterwards because i had no heat inside and could not put his clothes back on.

That sucks ..

for incapacitatet pawns I think the nudity thoughts should go away, when they are inside a bed .. I mean who of you sleeps fully dressed ?
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Wishmaster on October 23, 2017, 07:40:20 PM

Unless something has changed, I believe clothes don't count towards temp while in bed anyway. Kind of a simulated sleeping without your gear type of thing.

Canute

Sorry, i think you didn't watch it right.
As someone who play many times on icesheets, i know that clothes take count while your pawn's sleep in the bed, or they would frozen.
When when they take damage from the cold while sleeping they even wake up and try to seek safe temp.

Only with the Dub's hygnie mod, pawn shortly take of their clothes when they are taking a bath or shower.