(TEXTURE REQUEST) Ferrets

Started by RagingLoony, October 23, 2017, 07:43:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RagingLoony

Recently bought myself some ferrets IRL, and havent found a mod that adds them, so adding them in myself. Everything code wise is done, but I SUCK at drawing, especially with a mouse.

Does anyone have any rimworldy style animal textures that resemble ferrets? or is there anyone that can whip one up?

Please and thanks

EDIT: I attempted to do a side view myself, and this is how it turned out, for some reference. I tried front and back, but I just can't... I suck so bad with art...

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

DrMrEd

I've been doing some art lately, and after blindly starting with some very bad results, I found this guide: https://imgur.com/a/xdDzg. If you have some decent base images and a good amount of patience, this method can give you very good results without having to freehand anything.

dburgdorf

Check the existing animal mods.  I seem to recall that at least one of them adds otters, which of course are part of the same family as ferrets, weasels, stoats, and the like.  Even if the graphics aren't quite what you're looking for, they should at least give you a starting point.
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

swefan

If you like you can use my draw, but you need to colorize it, default draws for the animals are 128X128 this draw is 256X256 so you can easily cut it in 3 image and if you would adjust proportions

CannibarRechter

As more of an FYI than anything, the game will happily resize almost all graphics on the fly. The only thing that will make the game weird out somtimes that I have found so far is things that are not the right ratio. It will do weird things sometimes if the image isn't 128x128, as opposed to 128x130 for example, but it will do fine on 256x256
CR All Mods and Tools Download Link
CR Total Texture Overhaul : Gives RimWorld a Natural Feel
CR Moddable: make RimWorld more moddable.
CR CompFX: display dynamic effects over RimWorld objects