Alpha 18 unstable test build is released

Started by Tynan, October 24, 2017, 01:45:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tynan

I've just uploaded build 1722.

We're not doing any more content changes, it's essential bug fixes only. Thanks for the test data everyone!
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

KalterEntzug

Can you please add statistics how much a Boomalope gave chem fuel and how often?

lauri7x3

i think survival meals and pemmikan dont count towards food per days for caravans anymore, can sombeody confirm?

Snafu_RW

Don't forget that food for caravans includes by default the food for animals; subtract that if your animals are capable of grazing/hunting in that biome

Unfortunately there still doesn't seem to be a way of prioritising food while travelling; your animals will eat fine meals (as opposed to grazing/hunting while your pawns will not eat the food that is likely to spoil quickest :(

On a related note, why will tame non-grazing animals (dogs, wolves etc) not hunt the local vermin?
Dom 8-)

Rulin

Quote from: Snafu_RW on November 14, 2017, 06:19:41 PM
Don't forget that food for caravans includes by default the food for animals; subtract that if your animals are capable of grazing/hunting in that biome

Unfortunately there still doesn't seem to be a way of prioritising food while travelling; your animals will eat fine meals (as opposed to grazing/hunting while your pawns will not eat the food that is likely to spoil quickest :(

Oh that is a bit disappointing. I was hoping for some improvements on that front.

Ser Kitteh

It's a real shame that the whole pack animals eating human food thing isn't fixed. Caravaning has a lot of problems currently mechanically, but pack animals eating food is the biggest. And considering A18 adds all these incentives, then some people still may not find it worth enough to go out and get those goodies.

Sure the workaround is basically sending people instead, but you can only do so much when you're out there hauling dead man's clothes to sell in bulk.

Calahan

Quote from: Snafu_RW on November 14, 2017, 06:19:41 PMUnfortunately there still doesn't seem to be a way of prioritising food while travelling; your animals will eat fine meals (as opposed to grazing/hunting while your pawns will not eat the food that is likely to spoil quickest :(

On a related note, why will tame non-grazing animals (dogs, wolves etc) not hunt the local vermin?
I've made a bug report about this using the above quote: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=36859.0 . If anyone has any information to add about this bug, and/or regarding caravan animals about eating food in an undesirable order, then please post that info in the above linked bug thread.

And @ All - A reminder for the nth time, please can you post bugs in the bug forum where they belong, and not here. Even if you are not sure if what you are reporting is a bug or not, then still post it in the bug forum. And even if you are asking more of a question than reporting a bug, eg. "Is such and such a bug or not?", then still post it in the bugs forum, and not here.

As not only do these type of posts not belong in this thread, but if they are actually bugs then there's no guarantee they will be addressed or even known about by the devs unless you post them in the bugs forum. (as it's a lot easier to accidentally overlook a post here than it is to overlook an entire thread in the bug forum).

And any reports about missing translations should be posted in the corresponding thread for that language in the translations forum: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?board=17.0 , and again not here.

Snafu_RW

Tks Calahan (& apologies for posting in the wrong place); I'll keep a careful eye on that thread
Dom 8-)

YokoZar

Quote from: Calahan on November 15, 2017, 09:22:11 AM
And @ All - A reminder for the nth time, please can you post bugs in the bug forum where they belong, and not here. Even if you are not sure if what you are reporting is a bug or not, then still post it in the bug forum. And even if you are asking more of a question than reporting a bug, eg. "Is such and such a bug or not?", then still post it in the bugs forum, and not here.

As not only do these type of posts not belong in this thread, but if they are actually bugs then there's no guarantee they will be addressed or even known about by the devs unless you post them in the bugs forum. (as it's a lot easier to accidentally overlook a post here than it is to overlook an entire thread in the bug forum).
I've been through two iterations of this thread now, and I think the reason this is a recurrent problem is I still don't really understand what "feedback but not a bug or suggestion" means unless it's positive.  "This particular thing was weird" is a kind of feedback, but in practice often means a bug.

I very much appreciate you moving posts into the bug forum, though -- the developers do in fact notice them there, and when they reply "fixed, thanks" or even "acknowledged, maybe later" it's extremely satisfying.

Yoshida Keiji

I don't like how the "AI persona core" finding changed from "Independent" to "Dependent". Until now, it was about destroying a Psychic ship that crashlanded on your map, but now in A18, you must wait for another faction to tell you where to find it. So if it's not because of "others"... you won't be able to launch?

I think conceptual-wise it's best if the World Event is triggered by the long-range radar from local base rather the typical incoming message from outside, unless it's the AI persona core emitting some sort of distress signal by itself.

I think you need to improve the way the message reaches us, game mechanically-wise doesn't change much.

Ser Kitteh

AI Persona Cores quests could also be activated after like, year 1 or something. Make it constant instead of random.

lauri7x3

u cannot rly claim the tile with the lost spaceship, like u claim a normal tile. this causes the map to stay in the temporary state, all with missing warning messages and insta leaving borders. and it is also kinda small. but at least u arent forced to leave the map after a specific time

gipothegip

@YokoZar I agree to some degree. Certain feedback isn't known whether it's working as designed (and as such may be an accidental bug report), and it's hard not to pitch an idea (changes one would like to see) when giving constructive negative feedback.

I'm hoping Calahan mostly means the posts that are blatantly just one or the other without anything to do with actual feedback. ie posts that belong in their own thread in the dedicated subforum.

@Yoshida Keiji I agree, obtaining an AI persona core has become a waiting game in A 18. I understand they want getting a functional ship to be harder (at least that's my impression), but it'd be more fun and feel less grindy / a waste of time if there were the capability for some player interaction in the process.
Should I feel bad that nearly half my posts are in the off topic section?

Tynan

Beta 18 has been released, so this thread is locked!

Thanks for all the feedback everyone; everything was read and considered and much of it was very useful.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog