Uber Extreme Difficulty?

Started by siks, October 25, 2017, 07:04:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dkmoo

Haha @mkok, exactly...

maybe throw in a heatwave/cold snap while they are at it as well...

Devon_v

For what it's worth, Randy is not the hardest storyteller. Randy doesn't care what day it is, or how long it's been since the last raid. Randy can go months without doing anything bad to you at all. Sure, Randy can just drop three horrible things on you at once, but he's no more likely to do that than drop three great boons on your colony. Hildegard Epic I think is the one who just piles sorrow on your head until you die, but I might be confusing her with one of the other mod storytellers.

Nameless

Thats a rimsenal story teller.

sadpickle

I think there's a Lovecraftian mod probably ramps up the difficulty.

The hardest vanilla storyteller is Cassandra, I think. She just keeps piling on the hurt. I'm not even sure it caps. I don't play Cassandra because I'm a wimp.

Devon_v

Quote from: Nameless on October 31, 2017, 02:39:57 PM
Thats a rimsenal story teller.
I know. I was saying Randy is not the hardest vanilla storyteller, and also that there is a modded storyteller who heaps pain on you.

I agree that a high level Cassandra is the meanest. Even Phoebe hits hard on extreme.

Bozobub

AFAIK no, Cassandra does not cap, but I'm not sure.
Thanks, belgord!

ColonistGirl

Quote from: cultist on October 28, 2017, 07:57:49 PM
Okay, now do it on ice sheet.  8)

I've actually found ice sheet to be easier than extreme desert. -100C? Pfft, that's nothing.

Try an extreme desert during a permanent heatwave (got a mod that allows that and permanent cold snaps), where the temperature outside the base is hovering around 120C. Even people in camel hair dusters and cowboy hats have to limit their time outdoors or they start suffering. And people without them? Yeah, don't even LOOK at the door to outside, or you'll catch fire and die. Had one person that I forgot to set to "stay the hell inside" walk out to repair a busted geothermal generator that was a short walk away. About 10s later, "colonist needs rescue!"

I've been enjoying the super-extremes lately. The permanent heatwave/cold snap mod is a lot of fun. For added fun, try an extreme desert, permanent heatwave, permanent toxic fallout, on a flat map where you can't just dig into a mountain. Trying to keep your buildings livable is rough.

GOOSEpk

I find the starvation one is the biggest thing that will make it easier. I agree that it is ridiculous to starve to death in 3 days but that helps in a way that food grows in such a short time in the game, so you have a very easy time in an otherwise critical or hard part of the game in most cases

Disnof

You can try storyteller mods such as Pandora Dark which will easily give you raids in the 100s to 1000s. Or you can just handicap yourself. You seem to be building with the most optimal setup in easy to defend maps.  My current run I am on a flat map with no walls around my base, thus no kill box, and a I am not using turrets/traps/mortars.  This has been very fun :)

Perq

You are running easier setup with lots of mods that make it easier for you, while at the same time you complain about difficulty? Ok. XD

You are also using mods to get pawns with passions to important skills. Try with pawns that are randomly bad with crucial things, so that you have something to worry about.

You are quite literally removing the option to get random, difficult problems to deal with.
I'm nobody from nowhere who knows nothing about anything.
But you are still wrong.