[0.18.1700] Can't change entire column in work tab

Started by Crow_T, October 25, 2017, 11:03:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crow_T

In A17 you could change the priorities up or down in an entire column by shift right or left click, eg if all firefight numbers for pawns are 3 you could shift click on the word firefight and they'd all become 2's, shift right-click they'd become 3's again. Does not work in A18. This is on Linux.
(regarding dead man's apparel)
"I think, at the very least, the buff should go away for jackets so long as you're wearing the former owner's skin as a shirt."
-Condaddy20

NeverPire

I have been playing this game for years and never discovered this tip.
It could be interesting to explain it somewhere.
I will never do worse than what I do now.
It's what self-improvement means.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Crow_T on October 25, 2017, 11:03:54 AM
In A17 you could change the priorities up or down in an entire column by shift right or left click, eg if all firefight numbers for pawns are 3 you could shift click on the word firefight and they'd all become 2's, shift right-click they'd become 3's again. Does not work in A18. This is on Linux.

I believe that was working just fine for me yesterday... let me check again, one sec... Yep, works just fine. This is on Windows, so maybe if you are using a different OS that may be the issue?

Crow_T

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on October 25, 2017, 11:54:41 AM
Quote from: Crow_T on October 25, 2017, 11:03:54 AM
I believe that was working just fine for me yesterday... let me check again, one sec... Yep, works just fine. This is on Windows, so maybe if you are using a different OS that may be the issue?

I surprised that this wasn't reported yet so it very well could be a Linux only issue  ;) I tried both R and L shift all it does is try to rearrange the order.

I wonder if this is because I am using the Steam version for the first time as opposed to the non-Steam version which I have used from the beginning. Hmm
"I think, at the very least, the buff should go away for jackets so long as you're wearing the former owner's skin as a shirt."
-Condaddy20

axeladalidez

I can confirm this may only affect Linux, windows works fine.

jebend34

Same problem on a Linux machine, affecting the shift-modifier on the column headings in the work and animal tabs. Rather than increasing/decreasing or tick/untick it will now just sort as if the shift key was not pressed. The shift-modifier still works when trading and setting up bills, however.

Crow_T

I really should have dug more for error logs when first starting because some red text did appear the first time I started the game but went away on subsequent starts. I do keep getting this though:
Unexpected culture: . Resetting to en-US.

I tried to uninstall on Steam and reinstall to bring the errors back but they were gone. Will mess with it a bit more.

-Condaddy20

ison

Yet another Unity bug. I've added a temporary fix so it should work in the next unstable build. Thanks for reporting.