Filters "Allow Deadman's" "Allow Fresh"

Started by BlackSmokeDMax, October 25, 2017, 01:25:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackSmokeDMax

Please add filters so that we have all 4 of:
"Allow Rotten" (in Vanilla)
"Allow Fresh" - currently added by mod

"Allow Non-deadman's apparel" (in Vanilla)
"Allow Deadman's apparel" - currently added by mod

Right now we use mods to add them, but it would be great if they were in vanilla. Great, easy QoL addition that doesn't really affect gameplay but does get rid of messing with multiple stockpile priorities to sort out things that could be much more easily done with the proper filters.

Kiame

HA here i thought these were vanilla. The things you don't realize until you start from scratch  :P

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Kiame on October 25, 2017, 02:25:21 PM
HA here i thought these were vanilla. The things you don't realize until you start from scratch  :P

You do get used to having some things around that are modded! Going through a bit of withdrawal without Better Workbench Management and Fluffy's WorkTab right now :)

You are really on the ball with your A18 versions though! Thanks!!

gaf

I really agree with this.

I also find the current setup hard to use as it would seem more consistent to me to have the toggle be "Allow Deadman's" similar to "Allow Rotten". In other words if you want to allow the "bad" type, with the default being you probably don't want them except in trash storage. So a simpler first step could be just to replace the "Allow Non-deadman's" toggle with "Allow Deadman's" instead. At least in my mind more consistent, useful and easier to understand.

Limdood

Quote from: gaf on October 26, 2017, 09:45:40 AM
I really agree with this.

I also find the current setup hard to use as it would seem more consistent to me to have the toggle be "Allow Deadman's" similar to "Allow Rotten". In other words if you want to allow the "bad" type, with the default being you probably don't want them except in trash storage. So a simpler first step could be just to replace the "Allow Non-deadman's" toggle with "Allow Deadman's" instead. At least in my mind more consistent, useful and easier to understand.

Not true....think of burning clothes in a crematorium.

If you have an option for "allow non-deadman apparel" - you just...keep it off, and suddenly you have a nice efficient bill which burns all your deadman clothes. 

If you only have "allow deadman" then you need to set up multiple, different priority and location stockpiles and a limited search-radius bill just to accomplish the same thing.

Songleaves

While we're at it, being able to tell colonist not to wear deadman's apparel would be really useful.