From the Fog

Started by Coenmcj, May 19, 2014, 01:00:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coenmcj

[Town of Phoenix VI, somewhere on an uncharted rimworld]

Langley stands at his post, M24 in hand, peering out through the embrasures into the valley that houses the town of Phoenix VI , a thick fog is rolling in, accompanied by the occasional thunder clap.

Glancing over at bunker 15 metres away on the other side of the entrance and thumbs his radio.
"Looks like a bad storm, don't it Jonesy?" He states

"Yeah, would be the perfect time for-..."
A lightning strike illuminates the area, something small dashing behind a bush out in the darkness
"Did you see that?" Jonesy replies

"See what?"
Another flash, A ball of red fur dashes behind another bush, much closer this time
"Oh god no"

From the opposite bunker, the sounds of a minigun spinning up are heard, Langley slams down on the alarm panel as another lightning strike illuminates Dozens, if not hundreds of boomrats making their way down the valley towards them, Langley and Jonesy start firing off shots, explosions declaring a fatal hit.

Their comrades arrive after the two had been fighting for more than 3 minutes, already 4 dozen lie at their feet, and more were still arriving when a bolt of lightning strikes something inside the base, Langley glances over his shoulder to surprisingly find there are boomrats coming from behind the entrenched defenders.
"WE'RE SURROUNDED!" He shouts as a pair of boomrats start biting at his legs, Langley kicks it, resulting in the death explosion boomrats are known for.

"Randy! Why have you forsaken us?!" One of his comrades shouts before Langley drifts into unconsciousness, later to die in his coma while his comrades die around him, The boomrat onslaught unending.

Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

a89a89

That was a great story! 

Splinterbee

That's terrifying. Same thing happened to me... But they were muffalo...
Video games, are pretty good

Quasarrgames

Oh my...

Those psychic waves are bad arent they
On the right path, but the wrong medication.

I like how there's a thing that displays how long you've logged in to the forums. It shows just how many hours you've spent here, never to get back...

Coenmcj

Quote from: a89a89 on May 19, 2014, 09:01:48 AM
That was a great story! 
Cheers! :D

Quote from: Splinterbee on May 19, 2014, 10:44:52 AM
That's terrifying. Same thing happened to me... But they were muffalo...
Quote from: Quasarrgames on May 19, 2014, 01:22:16 PM
Oh my...

Those psychic waves are bad arent they

They're bloody terrible, that mixed with the fog rolling in moments before the wave and how disasterous it turned out, I just had to turn it into a story.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite