[B18]Ni'Hal🦎

Started by Diana Winters, October 25, 2017, 04:11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diana Winters

Portrait from Stellaris

B18 release

Requires Humanoid Alien Framework

Catfish Space Nazis. They like warm and wet climates. Hailing from an oceanic planet, these fanatical xenophobes seek to purify the galaxy from the inferior xenos.

Suggested mods to play them with:
Other Race Mods (Orassans esp.)

Note: Alien Framework for B18 can be found on the github Here

Manual Download
Steam Download

Update 1: Ni'Hal can start as a normal player colony, changes to weaponry recipes
Update 2: New weapon sounds, courtesy of Xen
Update 3: New animal, sprite courtesy of Totobrother
Update 4: Tweaks to the Drakes. Drakes can now be used as a pack animal

Rafe009

Does this mean we can fucking eat catfish now?

Diana Winters

Quote from: Rafe009 on October 25, 2017, 06:50:05 PM
Does this mean we can fucking eat catfish now?
Technically, they're amphibians... but yes

Canute

Requirement is nonexistent on the forum.
Please provide a non-steam download/webpage link.

DiamondBorne

We should be able to butcher eat their meat without any penalties. Then we con both Purge the Xenos and keep our bellies full at the same time. Win-win!  8)

Lore-wise, What's the relations between Orassan and Ni'Hal? (cool/indiferent/hostile) Or did they even found out about each other yet?

argusthecat

I feel like I don't know enough about what this race... does.  Aside from a shift in temperature tolerance, what's different about them?  Unique constructions like the Apini, different research like the crystals, new gear like the Orassans?  What does this mod really add?

Pink Omega

Quote from: argusthecat on October 26, 2017, 06:37:18 AM
I feel like I don't know enough about what this race... does.  Aside from a shift in temperature tolerance, what's different about them?  Unique constructions like the Apini, different research like the crystals, new gear like the Orassans?  What does this mod really add?
AFAIK, race mods take quite a long time to be unique and be filled with new and unique content to the race. Just be patient, I guess.

<=To Be Continued/\/

Diana Winters

Quote from: DiamondBorne on October 26, 2017, 05:15:51 AM
We should be able to butcher eat their meat without any penalties. Then we con both Purge the Xenos and keep our bellies full at the same time. Win-win!  8)

Lore-wise, What's the relations between Orassan and Ni'Hal? (cool/indiferent/hostile) Or did they even found out about each other yet?

They are sworn enemies.
It is planned for framework to make it so xenophobes won't mind eating the meat of other races...

Quote from: Canute on October 26, 2017, 02:50:49 AM
Requirement is nonexistent on the forum.
Please provide a non-steam download/webpage link.

https://github.com/erdelf/AlienRaces/tree/a18

Quote from: argusthecat on October 26, 2017, 06:37:18 AM

It's mostly just an addon for Orassans tbh, but as for a unique thing; they can make insect jelly at a stove. They are also inclined to a certain style of gameplay. (Note: Xenophobe is planned to allow the ingestion of alien humanlike meats without penalty. Also, keep in mind the traits the Ni'Hal tend to have ;))

I felt like packaging them separately for organizational reasons.

Diana Winters

Update 2: New weapon sounds, courtesy of Xen

Alphamonder

Using portraits of Stellaris is ok?

Diana Winters

Quote from: Alphamonder on October 30, 2017, 08:41:30 PM
Using portraits of Stellaris is ok?

This race was from a game of Stellaris I played, as were the Orassans. I will put that the portrait is from Stellaris to prevent any potential confusion. (Though I figured everyone would know it's from Stellaris)

Diana Winters

Update 3: New animal, sprite courtesy of Totobrother

Diana Winters

Update 4: Tweaks to the Drakes. Drakes can now be used as a pack animal

Chalcodes

OHHH!! My two favorite games, mashed up into one. And for A18 --ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

Thank you OP! Thank you, thank you!!

Diana Winters

Quote from: Chalcodes on November 09, 2017, 10:09:13 PM
OHHH!! My two favorite games, mashed up into one. And for A18 --ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

Thank you OP! Thank you, thank you!!
Orassans are also from Stellaris (though I do not use their portrait)