[A14d] Rimworld Zombie Apocalypse (v. 1.5 - July 26)

Started by Justin C, May 20, 2014, 02:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skyarkhangel

Quote from: LustrousWolf on July 13, 2016, 09:27:11 AM
Really good update thanks :D But can the zombie infection still be cured by medicine? Or has that ben fixed? :O

EDIT: Also, is the airborne virus still in the updated A13 version?

One player said, that he was able to cure zombie infection with using top medicine. wtf?
Ok, I plan to make the special cure. how would you like to get it? from exotic trader or.. maybe special development to search and produce?

Already made some additions, but not updated yet:
- Zombies forgot target if distance too big (80 cells).
- Added Walk LocomotionUrgency and zombies no longer accelerating when the aim. Earlier, zombies with 1,8 per sec. speed could catch up the victim with 3+ per sec. speed.

Quote from: warman343 on July 14, 2016, 03:41:43 PM
I love this mod, always had it on and playing games with it. I like how they can now reanimate in version A13. Now there is a small problem with the zombie's pathing/targeting: If your base is enclosed with a door and you have Turrets behind the walls or Embrasure walls ( Combat Realism Defense mod), The zombies will target the turrets but will not move once they appear. they will attack anything in melee range though. When those turrets are removed or destroyed then they will proceed to crush the door.

Now if the base has no door and fully enclosed they will move around the map and attack any humans that appear.

Whats weird is that i have never seen them being Dazed before and having them die with malnutrition but that's ok since they can reanimate.

Yes, zombie can target turrets too. Zombies have recovery function. They can recovery - joy, mood, food and other needs. If zombie lost any bodypart that considered as lethal for human or downed - zombie "die". If brain were not destroyed, zombie going to reanimate. In last updates, zombies has a max range, about 45 cells. And can attract attention to other zombies in 70 cells. If range 80+ zombie forgot target (last addition not currenty in last update). I planned to learn zombies to breaks walls too, if zombie feels there is victim and no doors. Currently zombies powered with Insectoid AI from hardcore sk and Enviro AI for animals from A12.

LustrousWolf

Yeah I cured the infection within 1 day with herbal medicine. I think 1 cure / vaccine for the infection should cost loads and only be sold by exotic transporter. Being able to research a cure for a zombie infection is very zombie like if you know what I mean? :P You gotta spend loads to cure it one time or hack that limb off!! :D

JoshGaarax3

I got thrown here by killface to see its being updated (thank you people) but a quick question, would this mod work well or at all with combat realism? I presume it would as the zombies use the somewhat vanilla fight system instead of the CBR's version where we can destroy things like lungs, hearts, hands etc.

sampistola

lance789

skyarkhangel

JoshGaarax3

seeing how he didnt update it since A11 and I think it was you guys to update it that may take some time

Justin C

Quote from: JoshGaarax3 on July 17, 2016, 10:43:16 AM
seeing how he didnt update it since A11 and I think it was you guys to update it that may take some time
I've already reached out to them. I will be updating the mod for A14 and I aim to have an official release by the end of the week.

LustrousWolf

Quote from: Justin C on July 17, 2016, 01:45:35 PM
Quote from: JoshGaarax3 on July 17, 2016, 10:43:16 AM
I've already reached out to them. I will be updating the mod for A14 and I aim to have an official release by the end of the week.

Your the best man!! Keep up the good work <3

skyarkhangel

Zombie Apocalypse A14 SK

Unofficial update for Rimworld A14
by Hardcore SK team.

Additions:
  • Zombie body patch. Makes zombies much stronger.
  • Zombie bite patch. Added special zombie bite attack.
  • Zombie could ressurect AGAIN, if the head was not destroyed.

13.07.2016 update:
  • Fixed most of all red errors!
  • Greatly reduced zombie health and speed (bcs they can ressurect and much smarter)
Bonus A13:
  • Added ressurect animation. Now you can see which zombies will rise soon
  • Zombies can crush doors
  • Zombies can see target only in some range (earlier, zombies saw target for the entire map)
  • Zombies can create zombie horde. Gradually the scattered zombies combine into big horde.
  • Zombies can assist to each other in attack/defend.
  • A lot of noise could provoke the attack zombies in much more distance.

18.07.2016 update:
  • Updated to A14

Test version

notfood

Justin C

Quote from: skyarkhangel on July 18, 2016, 12:05:27 PM

Zombie Apocalypse A14 SK

Unofficial update for Rimworld A14
by Hardcore SK team.

Additions:
  • Zombie body patch. Makes zombies much stronger.
  • Zombie bite patch. Added special zombie bite attack.
  • Zombie could ressurect AGAIN, if the head was not destroyed.

13.07.2016 update:
  • Fixed most of all red errors!
  • Greatly reduced zombie health and speed (bcs they can ressurect and much smarter)
Bonus A13:
  • Added ressurect animation. Now you can see which zombies will rise soon
  • Zombies can crush doors
  • Zombies can see target only in some range (earlier, zombies saw target for the entire map)
  • Zombies can create zombie horde. Gradually the scattered zombies combine into big horde.
  • Zombies can assist to each other in attack/defend.
  • A lot of noise could provoke the attack zombies in much more distance.

18.07.2016 update:
  • Updated to A14

Test version

That was fast. You beat me to it. :P

I actually took tomorrow off since I need to renew my drivers license by the end of the month and the RMV insists on only being open while normal people are at work. I figured I could use that as an excuse to work on the mod instead of going to work.

LustrousWolf

When a zombie raid spawns in, it does not slow down the time like it would for a normal raid if you get what I mean? Not really a bug, just slightly annoying considering they get pretty far across the map when I'm on >>> before I get to pause it :P

EDIT: The zombies also prioritize turrets way too much. I had 3 people shooting at 1 zombie, this was half the map away from my base, and the zombie walks past the 3 pawns to try to attack the turret :c

Flamingdodo

I downloaded the steam workshop version and am also able to cure the infection with simply herbal meds :/