[A14d] Rimworld Zombie Apocalypse (v. 1.5 - July 26)

Started by Justin C, May 20, 2014, 02:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin C

Hmm, I didn't give anyone permission to put the mod on Steam. Looks like someone stole it.

I talked to Sky and it wasn't posted by anyone in the Hardcore SK team, so the version that is currently on the Steam Workshop is stolen.

I'll have an official version up by the end of the week.

Fluffe

Well that sucks heres hoping the person who put it on workshop is reasonable lol 

Helixien

Its the Steam workshop! What did people expect?

Quote from: Justin C on July 20, 2016, 11:35:41 PM
Hmm, I didn't give anyone permission to put the mod on Steam. Looks like someone stole it.

I talked to Sky and it wasn't posted by anyone in the Hardcore SK team, so the version that is currently on the Steam Workshop is stolen.

Can I may make a request? For the mod? Can you make the zombies actually eat the person they attack instead of just moving on to the next one? Not completely, but so that he is dead for sure and not just downed and then they have no interest anymore. Would really help to get the TWD feel into rimworld.

Fregrant

Sounds reasonable. As a predators do, bitting of neck/arm/ear etc.

Justin C

Quote from: iWilliBlecha on July 21, 2016, 01:35:15 AM
Its the Steam workshop! What did people expect?

Quote from: Justin C on July 20, 2016, 11:35:41 PM

Can I may make a request? For the mod? Can you make the zombies actually eat the person they attack instead of just moving on to the next one? Not completely, but so that he is dead for sure and not just downed and then they have no interest anymore. Would really help to get the TWD feel into rimworld.
I considered something like that early on but I don't think it was easy/possible to make them attack downed pawns at the time. It might be easy now that this functionality already exists in animals.

I'm trying to get Zombie Apocalypse ready for Alpha 14 as quickly as possible for now, because I really want to work on Wave Survival Mode to see how the new Scenario system might benefit it. But once I have Wave Survival Mode ready for Alpha 14 I will look into refactoring Zombie Apocalypse and adding new features.

dannyslag

I have nothing worthwhile to contribute, just saying thank you for continuing work on this mod. It's exactly what I want in rimworld.

Justin C

Quote from: dannyslag on July 21, 2016, 11:34:43 AM
I have nothing worthwhile to contribute, just saying thank you for continuing work on this mod. It's exactly what I want in rimworld.
That's a worthwhile contribution to the thread. Thanks for the support!

Helixien

Quote from: dannyslag on July 21, 2016, 11:34:43 AM

Well if you actually do it, I would ask you do even go a step further and ask someone to maybe make a new texture for eaten pawns that has their guts outside, lots of blood, etc.
Would be perfect and make this mod even more amazing!

Silver

If this is no longer supported by the mod author but only updated the Hardcore SK Team, may I suggest you retire this threat and start an "unoffical" thread? I'm just going to say it - People are NOT going to read 72 pages to look for a mod when the name says it's (now) 3 versions out of date, and at this point you've added features to the zombies that weren't in the orginal version of the mod. You could rename it to something like "Rimworld Zombie Apocalypse Resurrection", showing that it's simallar but not the same.

If it's supported by the author and being updated, can he please update the first post and name, for the same reason as mentioned - people aren't going to read 72 pages of a mod thread. They want everything at the start or think that it's been abandonded. Modding can take enough time as is, without needing to read though every page of every mod you're interested in...

I'm not trying to be an jerk with this whole post, but the way I see it, this mod is outdated. I do however love this mod. One I always seem to want to get.

Justin C

Quote from: Silver on July 22, 2016, 11:38:36 AM
If this is no longer supported by the mod author but only updated the Hardcore SK Team, may I suggest you retire this threat and start an "unoffical" thread? I'm just going to say it - People are NOT going to read 72 pages to look for a mod when the name says it's (now) 3 versions out of date, and at this point you've added features to the zombies that weren't in the orginal version of the mod. You could rename it to something like "Rimworld Zombie Apocalypse Resurrection", showing that it's simallar but not the same.

If it's supported by the author and being updated, can he please update the first post and name, for the same reason as mentioned - people aren't going to read 72 pages of a mod thread. They want everything at the start or think that it's been abandonded. Modding can take enough time as is, without needing to read though every page of every mod you're interested in...

I'm not trying to be an jerk with this whole post, but the way I see it, this mod is outdated. I do however love this mod. One I always seem to want to get.
I am currently aiming for Sunday or Monday with the A14 release. I will not be around to work on it tomorrow, but I should have all of tonight and all of Sunday to work on it.

mew_the_pinkmin

Am i the only one who hates that i kill the same zombie 10 times and it still gets back up. i suggest that they can only resurrect once or if they have their torso/leg destroyed they cant get back up. also keep their injures when they resurrect(it makes no sense they the almost instantly regrow limbs). also the "i'm going to get back up" animation is to subtle.
NoBadOrganThoughts        BigBatteries        PlantSaver

mew_the_pinkmin

btw this should have a new thread made so that it doesn't still say [a11] in the front and the download can be on the front page and not buried in the comments.  :)
NoBadOrganThoughts        BigBatteries        PlantSaver

hector212121

Quote from: mew_the_pinkmin on July 22, 2016, 07:57:29 PM
btw this should have a new thread made so that it doesn't still say [a11] in the front and the download can be on the front page and not buried in the comments.  :)

You can just edit the first post's title and it changes the thread title.

Edit:I feel like you should be able to get something from butchering zombies. Maybe Zombie Teeth and Zombie Leather? I just butcher them to stop them coming back since I don't want to bother with a cremator and haven't found any molotovs.

robohunterx

Wouldn't it be awesome to be able to synthesize a cure from zombie bits? Make it to where you need a large amount of DNA or something....then you can make 1 x Antidote that can cure 1 colonist.
Always read something that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it.
   -P. J. O'Rourke

hector212121

Quote from: robohunterx on July 23, 2016, 03:47:13 PM
Wouldn't it be awesome to be able to synthesize a cure from zombie bits? Make it to where you need a large amount of DNA or something....then you can make 1 x Antidote that can cure 1 colonist.

I don't think it should be as much a matter of making it out of zombie as a matter of studying dissected zombie.

Maybe a Zombie Research bench that uses Zombie Flesh(or whatever) as fuel?