[A14d] Rimworld Zombie Apocalypse (v. 1.5 - July 26)

Started by Justin C, May 20, 2014, 02:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin C

Quote from: hector212121 on July 22, 2016, 07:58:55 PM
Quote from: mew_the_pinkmin on July 22, 2016, 07:57:29 PM
btw this should have a new thread made so that it doesn't still say [a11] in the front and the download can be on the front page and not buried in the comments.  :)

You can just edit the first post's title and it changes the thread title.

Edit:I feel like you should be able to get something from butchering zombies. Maybe Zombie Teeth and Zombie Leather? I just butcher them to stop them coming back since I don't want to bother with a cremator and haven't found any molotovs.
Wait, is there no zombie leather in the Hardcore SK version?

This is unacceptable. I can't release a build that doesn't have Zombie Leather hats.

Fluffe

Justin C

Here's a test build for Alpha 14:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/c4s9elafyhoh75r/ZombieApocalypse_A14d.zip

This version should play a lot like the A10-A11 version.

I want the Steam Workshop debut to be solid, so if you run into bugs with this release please post them here. I will likely release on ModDB, NexusMods and the Steam Workshop tomorrow evening.

Celani10

Just a suggestion after watching the video...
Maybe you could make zombies much slower and make that only headshots will kill them? Slower being ~10-20% normal move speed and the headshot insta killing them.

On top of that there could be OP zombies with military helmets ;)

I don't know anything about doing mods so I don't know if it would be easy or even work... but it would be fucking awesome

Justin C

Sky had it so they would only die to headshots in the Hardcore SK version. But his version of the mod was meant to work well alongside all of the other mods in the Hardcore SK modpack.

I just think it would be too annoying to require headshots when it's really all down to RNGesus. If you were the one doing the aiming it would be one thing, but in RimWorld that would just be frustrating waiting for the RNG to pick that one organ you need your colonists to hit.

And yes, Zombies spawn with all kinds of apparel. Some of them will even spawn with armor or personal shields.

Venatos

hmm.... if you cut down the number of "hitzones" to arms, legs, torso and head, the rng should be ok i think.

hector212121

Quote from: Justin C on July 25, 2016, 02:27:06 AM
Sky had it so they would only die to headshots in the Hardcore SK version. But his version of the mod was meant to work well alongside all of the other mods in the Hardcore SK modpack.

Well, they only STAY dead to headshots.

Of course, a butchery station also decapitates them.

Helixien

Justin, when you release it, please dont forget to make us an patch for EOPE! ^.^

Justin C

Quote from: iWilliBlecha on July 25, 2016, 04:25:16 PM
Justin, when you release it, please dont forget to make us an patch for EOPE! ^.^
I probably will do one for EPOE, but obviously I won't have the time to make a patch for every single mod people are going to want to use with Zombie Apocalypse.

Helixien

Quote from: Justin C on July 25, 2016, 05:03:36 PM
Quote from: iWilliBlecha on July 25, 2016, 04:25:16 PM
I probably will do one for EPOE, but obviously I won't have the time to make a patch for every single mod people are going to want to use with Zombie Apocalypse.

Wouldnt ask you for more patches anyway, but EOPE is just to essential for most people (at least me).

Justin C

All right, Alpha 14 is up on NexusMods and the Steam Workshop. I'll get it up on ModDB tomorrow.

I think this release is pretty stable and bug free.

Venatos

awesome! now im just waiting for prepare carefully and im good to go for the next big 10+hour struggle. :)

123nick

Quote from: Venatos on July 26, 2016, 05:46:43 AM
awesome! now im just waiting for prepare carefully and im good to go for the next big 10+hour struggle. :)

umm, prepare carefully IS sorta updated to A14. its in the thread, they made a rough, sorta-buggy release for A14, but when i played it, with a ton of mods, it seemed too work fine.

Venatos

yeah, i read that about the "rough" version.... didnt exactly inspire confidence in me... but if it worked for you, it might work for me too, so maybe ill give it a try.

Helixien

Quote from: Venatos on July 26, 2016, 06:49:49 AM
yeah, i read that about the "rough" version.... didnt exactly inspire confidence in me... but if it worked for you, it might work for me too, so maybe ill give it a try.

Works perfectly for me, I can even load old colonists from A13 without any problem at all.
Only sometimes I get a bug where I cant start a game, but after restarting the game it works fine.