[A14d] Rimworld Zombie Apocalypse (v. 1.5 - July 26)

Started by Justin C, May 20, 2014, 02:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragoon

Quote from: silentlord on March 15, 2015, 12:12:30 PM
does personal shields and power-armour have any effects/benefits as apposed to zombie protection. lol

Power armor helps but shields don't since the can't protect you in close combat and zombies don't shoot or spit...yet.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

rsof69

Put the Races_Humanoid into the ThingDef folder of EPOE and CS and the Races_Zombies into
the ThingDef folder of the Zombie Apocalypse mod.
Then put the Bodies def in the BodyDefs folder of both the EPOE and CS mod.
Then put the OE_BodyParts into the BodyPartDefs of EPOE and the BodyParts into the BodyPartDefs of CS.
This should fix the conflicts.

I dont understand this  :-\

HBKRKO619

Quote from: rsof69 on March 15, 2015, 03:57:44 PM
Put the Races_Humanoid into the ThingDef folder of EPOE and CS and the Races_Zombies into
the ThingDef folder of the Zombie Apocalypse mod.
Then put the Bodies def in the BodyDefs folder of both the EPOE and CS mod.
Then put the OE_BodyParts into the BodyPartDefs of EPOE and the BodyParts into the BodyPartDefs of CS.
This should fix the conflicts.

I dont understand this  :-\

Me to, I play with CS and Glitter tech, I manage to made them compatible each other but I can't manage to made ZA compatible with CS and Glitter and ..... I would really love to xD

Dr. Z

Is there a way to adjust how much percent of the raids are zombie raids? I'm 1 year in my colony and all I'm getting are zombie raids and sieges. I would like to see some normal raids again, is there any way to tune that?
Prasie the Squirrel!

Justin C

Quote from: Dr. Z on March 18, 2015, 04:59:43 PM
Is there a way to adjust how much percent of the raids are zombie raids? I'm 1 year in my colony and all I'm getting are zombie raids and sieges. I would like to see some normal raids again, is there any way to tune that?
Zombie raids don't affect the frequency of normal raids/sieges.

Kaballah

This is a super awesome mod!  I have two bits of feedback though:

- Zombies should be immune to cold/heatstroke.  They're dead, they shouldn't get cold and go sleepies.

- It's "a huge horde", not "hoard"

Scourge

Quote from: Kaballah on March 19, 2015, 10:23:07 AM
This is a super awesome mod!  I have two bits of feedback though:

- Zombies should be immune to cold/heatstroke.  They're dead, they shouldn't get cold and go sleepies.

- It's "a huge horde", not "hoard"
Maybe different effects?

Heat, if they could decay, make them more infectious or susceptible to having body parts hacked off/weaker cause they rot faster.
Cold, further movement speed penalty. They are freezing solid.

Kaballah

Eh if the fictional ~~ZOMBIE VIRUS~~ can make dead people get out of their graves, then it can blend in a little antifreeze too, the point is that severe cold/heat really trivialize this mod and they shouldn't.

Kaballah

Just popping in to say HOLY CRAP this is an astoundingly neat mod.

silentlord

you said awhile ago, that melee skill is a factor in getting bite/infected.
in my game last night, i spent forever training my soldiers to lvl20 in melee, equipped then with melee shields and swords and axes etc and sent to battle.

out of the 3 i sent to mop up from a wave... 2 where torso or neck, after the first hit?!
as i said before, if the bite-zones have a percentage... the torso and neck should be bumped waay down.

Dragoon

I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Kaballah

Vanilla personal shields do nothing at all vs melee, if that's what you're using.

Dragoon

Quote from: Kaballah on March 22, 2015, 01:50:03 PM
Vanilla personal shields do nothing at all vs melee, if that's what you're using.

I have yet to see a mod that has ANY shields that protect in melee.

Justin C

Quote from: silentlord on March 22, 2015, 08:13:07 AM
you said awhile ago, that melee skill is a factor in getting bite/infected.
in my game last night, i spent forever training my soldiers to lvl20 in melee, equipped then with melee shields and swords and axes etc and sent to battle.

out of the 3 i sent to mop up from a wave... 2 where torso or neck, after the first hit?!
as i said before, if the bite-zones have a percentage... the torso and neck should be bumped waay down.
As others have said, you should be using armor. Armor helps deflect zombie attacks just like any other attack.

The chance of getting hit is still random. Even if you have a 99% chance of not getting bitten, sometimes you are just going to be unlucky any get bitten anyway. I've had colonists with a melee skill of 3 take out 5+ zombies solo without being bitten. It's all in the hands of RNGesus.

I think I mentioned before that I was considering making colonists with a melee skill of 20 completely invulnerable to bites. I think that will probably make it into the Alpha 10 release.

And right now the game chooses the organ that gets hit. I'd have to write my own organ selection function to make extremities more likely to be bitten than the head/neck/torso. I think it would be nice to reward people with medium-to-high melee skills by making them less likely to be bitten anywhere that is incurable, but this will all come down to how motivated I am feeling when the time comes to port to Alpha 10. :P

Kaballah

Quote from: Justin C on March 22, 2015, 08:01:01 PM
I think I mentioned before that I was considering making colonists with a melee skill of 20 completely invulnerable to bites. I think that will probably make it into the Alpha 10 release.

Can you just make skill 20 invulnerable to neck/body bites, but leave limbs still possible hit locations?  It's one of the coolest features of your mod.