[A14d] Rimworld Zombie Apocalypse (v. 1.5 - July 26)

Started by Justin C, May 20, 2014, 02:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skyarkhangel

Quote from: Dessloch on September 24, 2015, 03:50:29 AM
Does anybody know the answer for my question?

I have not thought about this opportunity, but.. i suppose, need to register zombies  individually for graves.

Dessloch

Quote from: skyarkhangel on September 24, 2015, 06:06:13 AM
Quote from: Dessloch on September 24, 2015, 03:50:29 AM
Does anybody know the answer for my question?

I have not thought about this opportunity, but.. i suppose, need to register zombies  individually for graves.

I thought this is already in the mod, because the system to burn the bodies already in the game. Or you can do mass graves, for example 10 zombies in a normal grave to handle their numbers.

Canaris

Phoneposter - typos will happen.

Didact04

Furthermore, zombies that spawn are not considered hostile entities, yet will freely attack anything that they see. People will get attacked by zombies, but will not defend themselves.

Dragoon

Quote from: Didact04 on September 25, 2015, 06:28:34 PM

Furthermore, zombies that spawn are not considered hostile entities, yet will freely attack anything that they see. People will get attacked by zombies, but will not defend themselves.

How odd. I don't have these problems maybe your mods are conflicting?
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

zandadoum

i'd like to comment / request something

1) many times i can't deal with a zombie group at the time it spawns. i keep my base doors closed and no big deal... but when i send a group to kill zombies, the zombies just stand there. only a few actually attack my group. i can basically send one guy with an incendiary launcher and easily kill many zombies because most of them are standing still.
they only become really and 100% agressive if i keep my base doors open

2) also: zombies aren't suposed to attack doors, right? however if i keep my base doors open and a zombie group comes, and i run to close that door, if zombies were close enough they will reach the door, see it's closed and attack it. sometimes they stop after a few hits, sometimes they break it and make it inside the base. is this behaviour intended?

3) this is the main reason for my post: too many zombies = PC dies. my PC is an older i7 model. if i have too many pets, or too many zombies or too many zombie corpses, the game slows down really a lot. and sometimes you have a lot of stuff going on (randy random extreme) and with 2-3 zombie groups on screen it becomes almost unplayable.
REQUEST: have zombies that have spend X amount of time on screen, without doing anything, leave (story reason: they left to attack another colony or a wanderer)
maybe make it optional for those with good PCs that want to have 500 zombies on screen to stay like now. but have a option somewhere (XML?) for a timer on zombies leaving (not just die, as corpse items on screen also slow down)

4) could you make it so when setting up a butcher/cooking table the zombie is OFF by default, just like the human is?

other than that, great and fun mod. +1

Didact04

Quote from: Dragoon on September 25, 2015, 10:55:30 PM
Quote from: Didact04 on September 25, 2015, 06:28:34 PM

How odd. I don't have these problems maybe your mods are conflicting?

I don't know. One of the mods I'm using ended up screwing up something in the Core folder so maybe it was that, but that was something that happened in both instances that I tried and got this mod to more or less work. Zombies are not considered "hostile" yet target everyone around them.

Edit: I am very sure that it's one of the mods that is causing gradual corruption of the core folder. I also think it might be expanded prosthetics causing the error above, because they do some changes to the humanlike entity, but I really have no clue. Something to be aware of at least.

Didact04

So as I was testing out which mods it was that broke Zombie Apocalypse, I noticed a very peculiar interaction with combat realism. In the redesign of the damage modeling, it has made zombies extremely durable and can handedly take on 3 to 4 people in fisticuffs all on their own. Even against a melee weapon they're likely to come out on top.

But what amused me the most was the exchange with the lowly tortoise. They're given natural armor values that exceed what a zombie can put out. A single tortoise is able to tank the entirety of a zombie horde and, EXTREMELY slowly, begin to chew their way through their numbers.

Any sizable horde is likely to see the poor creature dead from malnutrition, but it was kind of amusing to know that the survival of zombie apocalypse could easily be solved by an army of war tortoises.

pigman999999999

Quote from: Didact04 on October 01, 2015, 05:35:57 AM
So as I was testing out which mods it was that broke Zombie Apocalypse, I noticed a very peculiar interaction with combat realism. In the redesign of the damage modeling, it has made zombies extremely durable and can handedly take on 3 to 4 people in fisticuffs all on their own. Even against a melee weapon they're likely to come out on top.

But what amused me the most was the exchange with the lowly tortoise. They're given natural armor values that exceed what a zombie can put out. A single tortoise is able to tank the entirety of a zombie horde and, EXTREMELY slowly, begin to chew their way through their numbers.

Any sizable horde is likely to see the poor creature dead from malnutrition, but it was kind of amusing to know that the survival of zombie apocalypse could easily be solved by an army of war tortoises.
yup same thing happeed to me the zombies are like tanks and the bites dont infect at all the visters/raiders get it when biten but never turn and my guys when they get bit they just act as if it was  a regilur bit as in no bar no nothing

Ganimedes

i have this weird bug, zombies spawn and then they just stay there... even when a group of colonist goes and start shooting right under therir noses they keep standing. this didnt happen at the first years but now they just stop mooving for good.
Edit: a zombie start atacking a bunny and that seem to unstuck him, then he started chasing one of my colonist but once he got inside the fort the zombie got stuck again :/

zandadoum

Quote from: Ganimedes on October 05, 2015, 07:21:58 PM
i have this weird bug, zombies spawn and then they just stay there... even when a group of colonist goes and start shooting right under therir noses they keep standing. this didnt happen at the first years but now they just stop mooving for good.
Edit: a zombie start atacking a bunny and that seem to unstuck him, then he started chasing one of my colonist but once he got inside the fort the zombie got stuck again :/
if you want to unstuck them for good, open a path to a turret.
apparently turrets are their top priority, but if they can't reach any (closed doors) they won't move.

Ganimedes

Quote from: zandadoum on October 06, 2015, 02:37:56 AM
Quote from: Ganimedes on October 05, 2015, 07:21:58 PM
if you want to unstuck them for good, open a path to a turret.
apparently turrets are their top priority, but if they can't reach any (closed doors) they won't move.
well i did what you said and it kind of worked but once the tower was destroyed they got stuck again... :/ zombies should act more like manhunter packs. wandering around your entrance or something like that
oh i forgot.. thanks for anwsering! :P

daterxies

FyrnSkulblaka

With the idea of curing zombified colonists the way i'd play it is this:
The cure (After bringing them back to life) Restores the brain, however, every skill has been reset to 0. The colonist's backstory would also be set to "Zombie" as well, as if all memory of who they were before has been forgotten. This would also mean, however, that all skills would then be unlocked again, with passions being randomly set. Just a suggestion :P

Dessloch

Guys, what are you doing with corpses of the zombies? Building field of graves on the map or what?

That's why I stopped playing with this mod, because I was just spamming graves all the times after the raids :(