[A14d] Rimworld Zombie Apocalypse (v. 1.5 - July 26)

Started by Justin C, May 20, 2014, 02:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HBKRKO619

Quote from: Justin C on February 06, 2015, 02:47:18 PM
Quote from: Oxidus on February 04, 2015, 11:38:33 AMI said before , he can quit no one will care,someone will steal his work under someone elses name and his hard work and that things as you said will come useless and someone else gets profit.
Nobody is profiting here. RimWorld modding is done purely for fun by crazy idiots like me who enjoy programming more than they enjoy playing games.

QuoteI saw it happen already and so many times people didnt care,if they had their precious mod updated no one cared about author.
I'm sure Tynan wouldn't allow blatant theft of mods on his forums for the same reason he has stepped in to stop mod packs that were using mods without permission: Intellectual Property Rights. Tynan understands this better than anyone, which is why he has requested that all mods come with licenses that explicitly state what other players/modders are and are not allowed to do with mods.

And I know for a fact that the modding community would not be okay with it either. We all understand the kind of work that goes into these mods, and we would never stand by and allow someone to take credit for work that isn't theirs.

And the reason why I don't release the source/have someone else update it for me is because:
1) This mod is my baby. I have spent hundreds (if not over a thousand) of hours on this mod, and I do not want to lose control of it.
2) I have never intentionally skipped an Alpha release. It just kind of happens sometimes. The intent has always been to support this mod indefinitely.
3) It's not actually necessary for me to release the source. Any modder who is capable enough to update this mod already knows how to find the source.
4) Despite numerous people claiming that I should release the source so someone else can update it, there has never actually been anyone offering to update it. It's usually just people volunteering someone else's time to update the mod so they can play it.

Anyway, the last few pages of this thread are nothing but drama caused by your whining. The mod has an approximate release date. That release date is soon. So relax and quit whining in my thread.

100% agree with all of this. I would never take a mod updated by another modder exept if the original modder is 100% confirmed that he doesn't want to take care of his mod anymore.
I will just wait for the alpha 9 to play with this great mod :)

Redshadow

Quote from: Justin C on February 06, 2015, 02:47:18 PM
Quote from: Oxidus on February 04, 2015, 11:38:33 AMI said before , he can quit no one will care,someone will steal his work under someone elses name and his hard work and that things as you said will come useless and someone else gets profit.
Nobody is profiting here. RimWorld modding is done purely for fun by crazy idiots like me who enjoy programming more than they enjoy playing games.

QuoteI saw it happen already and so many times people didnt care,if they had their precious mod updated no one cared about author.
I'm sure Tynan wouldn't allow blatant theft of mods on his forums for the same reason he has stepped in to stop mod packs that were using mods without permission: Intellectual Property Rights. Tynan understands this better than anyone, which is why he has requested that all mods come with licenses that explicitly state what other players/modders are and are not allowed to do with mods.

And I know for a fact that the modding community would not be okay with it either. We all understand the kind of work that goes into these mods, and we would never stand by and allow someone to take credit for work that isn't theirs.

And the reason why I don't release the source/have someone else update it for me is because:
1) This mod is my baby. I have spent hundreds (if not over a thousand) of hours on this mod, and I do not want to lose control of it.
2) I have never intentionally skipped an Alpha release. It just kind of happens sometimes. The intent has always been to support this mod indefinitely.
3) It's not actually necessary for me to release the source. Any modder who is capable enough to update this mod already knows how to find the source.
4) Despite numerous people claiming that I should release the source so someone else can update it, there has never actually been anyone offering to update it. It's usually just people volunteering someone else's time to update the mod so they can play it.

Anyway, the last few pages of this thread are nothing but drama caused by your whining. The mod has an approximate release date. That release date is soon. So relax and quit whining in my thread.

I admire your honesty, hard work & dedication with this mod and i'm sorry if I came across as another whiney 'I want this mod NOW!' type of mod consumer.
Oh and, thanks for at least confirming(Maybe I missed you confirm it somewhere else, though...) that this mod'll be updated.
I'll try and keep my waiting in silence. Thanks!  :D
Yes, I made my icon in a game called LittleBigPlanet...

dareddevil7

when you see fit, maybe integrate your zombie mod with EDB scenarios and have two difficulties, hard, where the virus eventually goes airborne, and easy, where it stays bite transmitted only.
If it would take more time then you have free then feel free not to do this.

Wykin

If anyone could port this to alpha 8 that would be amazing, this mod is great and should be implemented in the core game
This statement is False, Is it?

Justin C

Quote from: Wykin on February 15, 2015, 01:59:40 AM
If anyone could port this to alpha 8 that would be amazing, this mod is great and should be implemented in the core game
The port to Alpha 9 is already complete. It will be released the day Alpha 9 is released.

Oxidus

Quote from: Justin C on February 15, 2015, 04:03:07 AM
The port to Alpha 9 is already complete. It will be released the day Alpha 9 is released.
And when that will be?
Requiescat in Pace,Mio Fello.

Vonholtz

Cool nice work.

Justin C

Quote from: Oxidus on February 15, 2015, 05:42:41 AM
And when that will be?
When it's released. Tynan never sets a date.

Kelvorn

Cool news, I have yet to get to try it but this is one that I have been itching to play

RinDitirini

TheSilencedScream

Quote from: Topper on August 31, 2015, 03:33:25 AM
is the sledgehammer compatible with the romance mod?
Only in Rimworld.

MyNameIsSpyder

Justin C

All right guys, the Alpha 9 version of Zombie Apocalypse is now available for download on Nexus, and it is currently awaiting approval on ModDB.

Patch Notes:
v 1.1 - 02/18/2015 -------------------------------------------------
- Updated the mod for Alpha 9.
- Corpses no longer reanimate if their brain has been damaged or destroyed.
- There is now a minimum of one in-game hour between when a pawn dies and when it is reanimated. This is usually only a few seconds in-game.
- Zombies have been slowed to 60% of the speed of humans, from 80%.
- Extended the damage bonus to zombies for cutting weapons to include stabbing weapons.
- Changed the way raid sizes are determined.
- Brought Zombie point cost in line with units from other factions. This should greatly reduce the size of end-game zombie raids.
- Zombies now deal more damage, but attack more slowly.
- Removed the extra damage taken by infected humans. Non-colonists no longer succumb more quickly to the zombie infection than colonists do.
- Changed the naming scheme for zombies. All reanimated zombie names will be "Zombie [Name]" whether they were enemies or colonists.

I will have the usual release article on ModDB tomorrow once I finish putting a new gameplay video together.

leted

Well then. Didn't expect zombie apocalypse to be one of the first mods to change to Alpha 9. That was such a good job.

thefinn

Quote from: HBKRKO619 on February 06, 2015, 08:18:42 PM
100% agree with all of this. I would never take a mod updated by another modder exept if the original modder is 100% confirmed that he doesn't want to take care of his mod anymore.
I will just wait for the alpha 9 to play with this great mod :)

Completely agree, I have in fact modded other peoples' mods in the past but usually only in a way where I had in fact added onto it and you still had to go download the original.