[A14d] Rimworld Zombie Apocalypse (v. 1.5 - July 26)

Started by Justin C, May 20, 2014, 02:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin C

Quote from: leted on February 18, 2015, 08:40:58 PM
Well then. Didn't expect zombie apocalypse to be one of the first mods to change to Alpha 9. That was such a good job.
Yeah, this is sort of my way of apologizing for skipping Alpha 8.

Epyk

Quote from: Justin C on February 18, 2015, 08:36:07 PM
All right guys, the Alpha 9 version of Zombie Apocalypse is now available for download on Nexus, and it is currently awaiting approval on ModDB.

Patch Notes:
v 1.1 - 02/18/2015 -------------------------------------------------
- Updated the mod for Alpha 9.
- Corpses no longer reanimate if their brain has been damaged or destroyed.
- There is now a minimum of one in-game hour between when a pawn dies and when it is reanimated. This is usually only a few seconds in-game.
- Zombies have been slowed to 60% of the speed of humans, from 80%.
- Extended the damage bonus to zombies for cutting weapons to include stabbing weapons.
- Changed the way raid sizes are determined.
- Brought Zombie point cost in line with units from other factions. This should greatly reduce the size of end-game zombie raids.
- Zombies now deal more damage, but attack more slowly.
- Removed the extra damage taken by infected humans. Non-colonists no longer succumb more quickly to the zombie infection than colonists do.
- Changed the naming scheme for zombies. All reanimated zombie names will be "Zombie [Name]" whether they were enemies or colonists.

I will have the usual release article on ModDB tomorrow once I finish putting a new gameplay video together.

Time to give this a go!
Click picture for Epyk Pack!
Try Epokalypse!

dareddevil7

would it be possible for it to get to a point where you can choose if you want the virus to go airborne?

Justin C

Quote from: dareddevil7 on February 18, 2015, 09:09:47 PM
would it be possible for it to get to a point where you can choose if you want the virus to go airborne?
That's probably the most-requested feature for this mod. The option will come eventually, but I am not making any promises about when it will happen.

dareddevil7

Quote from: Justin C on February 18, 2015, 09:16:03 PM
That's probably the most-requested feature for this mod. The option will come eventually, but I am not making any promises about when it will happen.
well then for the time being would it be possible to go into the defs and prolong the time until its goes airborne?

Dragoon

It's random because it is up to the storyteller isnt it?
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Justin C

Quote from: dareddevil7 on February 18, 2015, 09:17:29 PM
well then for the time being would it be possible to go into the defs and prolong the time until its goes airborne?
Nope. Unfortunately the chance is completely removed from the defs. Sorry.

The airborne event is designed to be really rare as it currently is.

Quote from: Dragoon on February 18, 2015, 09:30:13 PM
I separated it from the Storyteller because it didn't happen rarely enough, and sometimes it happened much too soon in the game. Rare incidents still seem to happen almost every single game when the Storyteller controls them. I wanted this to be an event that doesn't happen to you every game.

dareddevil7

Quote from: Justin C on February 18, 2015, 09:33:13 PM

I separated it from the Storyteller because it didn't happen rarely enough, and sometimes it happened much too soon in the game. Rare incidents still seem to happen almost every single game when the Storyteller controls them. I wanted this to be an event that doesn't happen to you every game.
in that case i need to find a way to have my colonists bash the doomed one's head in

Justin C

Quote from: dareddevil7 on February 18, 2015, 09:41:35 PM
Quote from: Justin C on February 18, 2015, 09:33:13 PM

in that case i need to find a way to have my colonists bash the doomed one's head in
The Airborne incident doesn't kill or infect any of your colonists. All it does is make it so corpses will reanimate even if they weren't bitten by a zombie while they were alive.

If a person dies after being bitten their corpse will reanimate after one in-game hour. If a person dies without being bitten it will stay dead unless the virus is airborne, in which case it will reanimate after about six in-game hours.

TheSilencedScream

Thanks, Justin!

I was going to hold off on A9 til more mods got updated, but since yours is up, I think I'll be giving it a whirl immediately.
Quote from: Topper on August 31, 2015, 03:33:25 AM
is the sledgehammer compatible with the romance mod?
Only in Rimworld.

RinDitirini

Great mod and glad to have it back.
I noticed one thing that is causing a bit of an issue though.
Friendly faction folks that get zombified do get marked hostile(turning from blue to red). They'll still behave like zombies, biting, chasing, attacking...Buuuuuuut the turrets will not automatically target them.

Justin C

Quote from: RinDitirini on February 19, 2015, 04:18:39 AM
Friendly faction folks that get zombified do get marked hostile(turning from blue to red). They'll still behave like zombies, biting, chasing, attacking...Buuuuuuut the turrets will not automatically target them.
Make sure you create a new world and a new game after you activate the mod. If you already did that, try doing it again and see if it fixes the problem. I can't replicate the issue.

HattoriHanzo

Wow! Great job on the fast update! Excited to finally test your mod! Just got into the game in alpha 8 and was disapointed, that you left that one out.

Thank you for the work!

W1Z25

RinDitirini

Quote from: Justin C on February 19, 2015, 06:37:40 AM
Quote from: RinDitirini on February 19, 2015, 04:18:39 AM
Make sure you create a new world and a new game after you activate the mod. If you already did that, try doing it again and see if it fixes the problem. I can't replicate the issue.

I'll start a new world and get a screenshot if I see it again