[A14d] Rimworld Zombie Apocalypse (v. 1.5 - July 26)

Started by Justin C, May 20, 2014, 02:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin C

Quote from: Dr. Z on February 22, 2015, 07:19:33 AM
Quote from: Justin C on February 21, 2015, 02:55:35 PM
Which mods are you using?

Quite a few, but I don't see which one should cause it. There has been reports that the Expanded Prosthetics & Organ Engineering Mod causes issues, but I don't know what should be the problem with this two.

Edit: Ok, there's actually an interference with Expanded Prosthetics & Organ Engineering because both of them are overriding Races_Humanoids as it seems.
Yeah, that would be it. Zombie Apocalypse replaces the Pawn class, so anything that overrides the humanoid races will interfere with that.

Quote from: Evil o ViiRuS on February 22, 2015, 02:37:20 PM
In this modpack can you eat the raw zombie flesh with out having to worry about your guys turning into zombies
Eating zombie flesh won't infect pawns, but it will have all of the same negative thoughts as regular cannibalism.

Avtomatik

I saw there was a problem before: zombies attacking laser turrets instead of pawns. It happens with the new version too :(

Justin C

Quote from: Avtomatik on February 22, 2015, 06:34:40 PM
I saw there was a problem before: zombies attacking laser turrets instead of pawns. It happens with the new version too :(
That's not a bug. If zombies just sat around and let your turrets shoot at them without consequence they wouldn't be much of a threat.

Zombies prioritize turrets over humans, but the turret search radius is much smaller than the human search radius.

HBKRKO619

Is it posssible (I absolutly don't know, my capacity in modding are under 0) to made a compatibility patch between your mod and Cybernetic Storm ? It was one of my must have mod in the alpha 8 and your Zombie Apocalypse mod was also a must have in the alpha 7, can't choose between :(

P.S. : I will post this in the Cybernetic Storm thread as well, maybe you can work together with elStrages (if it's possible, I repeat it, I absolutly don't know)

Thank you :)

Wykin

I'm having a problem with the mod i'm not seeing Zombie virus active, or zombie virus airborne, i can into dev mode and spawn a zombie raid but its only one zombie. Plz Help i really want to use this mod, any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated.  ;D
This statement is False, Is it?

Wykin

Nvm, after some testing of mods, i found that prison improvements, and extended surgery are not compatible with the zombie mod. So if you have these mods installed and having issues just remove them and you should be fine. Thanks Justin, for your amazing Mod keep up the superb work  ;D

Latta

Thank you for a great mod! Never tried this before as I started RimWorld with Alpha 8f.
One question: Do you have a plan to make hard-coded strings into translatable Keyed text? I can't translate it well.

Quote from: Wykin on February 23, 2015, 03:26:50 AM
Nvm, after some testing of mods, i found that prison improvements, and extended surgery are not compatible with the zombie mod. So if you have these mods installed and having issues just remove them and you should be fine. Thanks Justin, for your amazing Mod keep up the superb work  ;D
I'm using both PI and ES(modified) and have no problem? It's active... well... although raiders and visitors don't get infected or reanimate but I thought it's a feature? No?

I activated PI and ES after played some time so it might be the case...

TheSilencedScream

Quote from: Justin C on February 22, 2015, 06:52:30 PM
Zombies prioritize turrets over humans, but the turret search radius is much smaller than the human search radius.

How large IS the human search radius?
On a 300x300 map, my pawns were holding up in the SE corner and a lone zombie appeared in the NW. He wandered around his area for several days before a pirate showed up to attack me, and the pirate wound up killing the zombie for me (and getting infected in the process).
Quote from: Topper on August 31, 2015, 03:33:25 AM
is the sledgehammer compatible with the romance mod?
Only in Rimworld.

Justin C

Quote from: TheSilencedScream on February 23, 2015, 11:20:53 AM
Quote from: Justin C on February 22, 2015, 06:52:30 PM

How large IS the human search radius?
On a 300x300 map, my pawns were holding up in the SE corner and a lone zombie appeared in the NW. He wandered around his area for several days before a pirate showed up to attack me, and the pirate wound up killing the zombie for me (and getting infected in the process).
It's randomized. Each zombie has a different search radius (which I see as their eyesight). I think the maximum is 250 right now.

Quote from: Latta on February 23, 2015, 10:06:00 AM
Thank you for a great mod! Never tried this before as I started RimWorld with Alpha 8f.
One question: Do you have a plan to make hard-coded strings into translatable Keyed text? I can't translate it well.

Quote from: Wykin on February 23, 2015, 03:26:50 AM
I'm using both PI and ES(modified) and have no problem? It's active... well... although raiders and visitors don't get infected or reanimate but I thought it's a feature? No?

I activated PI and ES after played some time so it might be the case...
English is the only language I speak (fluently), and because of that I haven't even taken the time to understand how strings and translations work in RimWorld. If someone shows interest in doing a translation for me I will move everything over to the string system.

seadderkrupp

Love this mod. Until the new rimworld build it seems. As went to create a new world and it will not activate at all. Have deleted everything including saved worlds, configs etc. Tried running it with no other mods at all and same.

It was working alongside the following mods - Less Incidents, Cybernetic storm, EDB mod order+prepare, Gardening, prison improvements, rimeffect, rimfire and RTG's. Could have been Glittertech that did it but removed all files etc and not working now.

Justin C

Quote from: seadderkrupp on February 23, 2015, 06:12:20 PM
Love this mod. Until the new rimworld build it seems. As went to create a new world and it will not activate at all. Have deleted everything including saved worlds, configs etc. Tried running it with no other mods at all and same.

It was working alongside the following mods - Less Incidents, Cybernetic storm, EDB mod order+prepare, Gardening, prison improvements, rimeffect, rimfire and RTG's. Could have been Glittertech that did it but removed all files etc and not working now.
You had all of those working with it? I know Cybernetic Storm and Prison Improvements shouldn't work with it.

Maybe the order in which you activate the mods makes a difference?

Wykin

Quote from: seadderkrupp on February 23, 2015, 06:12:20 PM

I don't think it's the order I was messing around with those mods to see if there was any way I configure to run alongside the zombie mod, but without a string system it's mostly like not going to happen

Vonholtz

It funny I had this mod working on another Pc(at my shop) with the same mods. But on my main PC here at home I can not get it to work. Now I am using a few less mods but the same ones and I think in the same order (using EdB order mod). It is odd is there any order it should be in. I am running Glittertech but I have it under the zombie mod. I want the zombies to be the main trouble.

seadderkrupp

Same with me. I love the zombies being the main trouble. And would gladly give up other mods to have it run. Will do a complete reinstall etc of everything and try it again. Must be something to do with my pc somewhere. Lucky i am already bald(never thought i would say that) as looking at more tearing the hair out time:)

Vonholtz

Quote from: seadderkrupp on February 24, 2015, 04:42:30 AM
Same with me. I love the zombies being the main trouble. And would gladly give up other mods to have it run. Will do a complete reinstall etc of everything and try it again. Must be something to do with my pc somewhere. Lucky i am already bald(never thought i would say that) as looking at more tearing the hair out time:)
I could be the windows we are using. The one where it working is old(almost dose not run rimworld at all) and it has XP. The one where it not working is windows 7. But I for one just have to think maybe it the order the mods are in maybe.  I have been trying to work out best order to put the mods in but nothing seem to work.