[A14d] Rimworld Zombie Apocalypse (v. 1.5 - July 26)

Started by Justin C, May 20, 2014, 02:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin C

Quote from: aGuyNamdJesus on February 25, 2015, 07:32:33 PM
I don't mind the extra challenge. Love it in fact.

Well they attack my people and any other factions that enter but only my colonists will not attack. Other npcs fight back.

I made new world and new game yes.

Well my game will not load anymore... maybe a problem with the update and not your mod... Reinstalling whole game and my mod folders. Give me like 5 mins.
When the game fails to load, go into the Config folder (with the Worlds and Saves folders) and delete ModsConfig.xml. That's the only way to fix it when you're loading into a black screen.

If it's giving you trouble then don't worry about it too much. It's not exactly a critical bug and I'm sure I'll find it eventually.

Vonholtz

My colony is just holding on. Attack of zombies at the wrong time have all of my pawns on the edge of losing it. I am just holding on. All my friend in game as well as my enemy are being turned in to zombies before they can even get to my colony. It is likely my colony will fail and it all do to this evil mod.

And I am loving every moment of it.  :) GREAT mod well worth the wait.

Otterlover5

So ummm I have this mod with the extended prosthetics and organ engineering mod and I cant install a wooden foot on a person that had it cut off

Justin C

Quote from: Otterlover5 on March 01, 2015, 06:22:27 AM
So ummm I have this mod with the extended prosthetics and organ engineering mod and I cant install a wooden foot on a person that had it cut off
Zombie Apocalypse and Expanded Prosthetics will conflict if you use the base mods, but it does look like Ykara has a Zombie Apocalypse compatibility fix in their thread:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=10571.0

Try that and see if it fixes your problem.

Otterlover5

Quote from: Justin C on March 01, 2015, 07:15:53 AM
Quote from: Otterlover5 on March 01, 2015, 06:22:27 AM
Zombie Apocalypse and Expanded Prosthetics will conflict if you use the base mods, but it does look like Ykara has a Zombie Apocalypse compatibility fix in their thread:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=10571.0

Try that and see if it fixes your problem.

I have that but everytime it just doesnt allow me to

T-Wrecks

Hey, just something I noticed. Norbal corpses don't seem to be reanimated after death. Is there any chance this could be fixed? I wouldn't mind having some fine norse undead attacking my base. :)

apljee

I'm engineering up some fun maps with some ideas for goals, and other things so that it's not just "kill the zombies and do nothing else". The maps will be engaging, goals like restore power to the community, kill all zombies on map, clear out the apartment, etc. instead of just one simple goal. But, yeah. I'm making some maps for your mod before I go to work on Project EONS this weekend.

Cheers.
Austin

PS- Great mod, I've enjoyed toying around with it.

Dregod

I load this mod up and on my 'Overview' tab it doesn't allow me to set what people can do what action i.e growing, plant cutting etc. I have tried loading with and without other mods, still the same thing. Any fix?

steveuk

Hi Justin,

Thanks for updating your mod but I seem to have an issue? My colony has survived 266 days and up till now, the zombie virus has not gone airborne. What are the chances?

Update: Virus went airborne day 271 :)

Orion

Quote from: T-Wrecks on March 02, 2015, 11:54:32 PM
Hey, just something I noticed. Norbal corpses don't seem to be reanimated after death. Is there any chance this could be fixed? I wouldn't mind having some fine norse undead attacking my base. :)
I think you can easily fix that yourself:
Open the Races_???.xml file in the Norbal Mod Folder -> Defs -> ThingDefs
Then change the following line
    <thingClass>Pawn</thingClass>
to
    <thingClass>BiteablePawn</thingClass>

You will also need the EdBModOrder mod, to make sure norbals are loaded after zombie apocalypse.

CodyRex123

Errrmh, alright, so heres a question, what mods make it so that the infection no longer works? Because i kinda don't have dead bodies becoming zombies anymore.
Dragons!

Poko

Is there some easy way from the start to see if this mod is working with other mods?  I've read the threads here saying that, if you get the load order right, it can work with the prisoners mod and cybernetics, but i'm not sure if I got the order right.
Thanks!

EpicYeti

I seem to be having an issue right now, whenever I load up this mod without any other mods everything goes to plan.
Unfortunately, upon loading the world no zombie factions appear and thus when I am in a game there is no zombie virus appearing or hordes :( please help me.

Justin C

Quote from: CodyRex123 on March 06, 2015, 08:27:59 PM
Errrmh, alright, so heres a question, what mods make it so that the infection no longer works? Because i kinda don't have dead bodies becoming zombies anymore.
Unless the virus is airborne corpses will only be reanimating when they've been bitten.

Any mod that modifies the Pawn ThingDef is going to have compatibility issues with Zombie Apocalypse.

Quote from: Poko on March 07, 2015, 08:18:00 AM
Is there some easy way from the start to see if this mod is working with other mods?  I've read the threads here saying that, if you get the load order right, it can work with the prisoners mod and cybernetics, but i'm not sure if I got the order right.
Thanks!
The load order should only matter if you are using a compatibility patch of some sort. Without a patch to fix the compatibility issues between mods they should be interfering with each other no matter which order you load them in. The only thing that might change is the ways in which they interfere with each other.

Quote from: EpicYeti on March 08, 2015, 09:29:00 AM
I seem to be having an issue right now, whenever I load up this mod without any other mods everything goes to plan.
Unfortunately, upon loading the world no zombie factions appear and thus when I am in a game there is no zombie virus appearing or hordes :( please help me.
Factions are generated on World creation, so after you load the mod you will need to create a new world and then start a new game on that new world. It will not work with old saves of the game from before the mod was installed.