[A14d] Rimworld Zombie Apocalypse (v. 1.5 - July 26)

Started by Justin C, May 20, 2014, 02:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skyarkhangel

Quote from: Kaballah on December 23, 2015, 09:50:08 PM
I re-read the last several pages and I see who updated it but I don't see any discussion of "gosh, it would be great if zombies had 10 times more hitpoints" or "okay, I have changed zombies to have 10 times more hit points and here's why" so  :-\  Using vanilla weapons and combat rules, the first couple of zombie incidents will pretty certainly kill your colony unless you wall up entirely and you can forget melee all together.

Easy to undo at least.

x10 its common multiplier for all zombie body.
why? Bcs, Zombies in ZombieApp mod as Mechanoids can be only killed. Zombies can't be downed. Also, zombies have weakpoint in the head. with this x10 zombie can be killed from a one bullet to the head. So.. train shooting and shoot accurately  :)

Kaballah

Yeah I played with this for some time, shooters with normal quality starting weapons with Shooting skill 15, in good lighting and the zombies had no cover.  Even having everyone focus fire, maybe you can beat the first zombie incident (just one of them) but the second raid of 4 or so will wreck you.  Not at all vanilla rules friendly!  Like I said though, at least it's easy to undo.

Kaballah

Grimandevil

i love how this mod doesnt correspond with regular raid events, so often u get some raiders and zombies attacking u at the same time.

had a zombie horde knocking at the front door. the next moment some pirates landed right ontop of my guise. lots of fun ;D

however i've spotted some issue with them zombies. i've got a bunker in front of my base, and each zombie wave seem to want to attack AGS grenade launcher in it. everything works fine unless i close the doors (not walling in, regular doors) leading inside. in latter case, all zombies get broken, just standing on their place, not responding to anything. so i have to keep the doors open..
welcome to the Rimworld - a world full of cannibal drug-addicted psychos, but free of vegetarians.

Kaballah

JustinC did that intentionally, a few pages back, when Tynan introduced the Manhunter AI and kind of broke zombies' ability to bang on doors.

skyarkhangel

And it has been done in order to hide one of the bugs ZA,  which is, that the zombies dies when loses any limb. In the original version, zombie dies if you shoot his finger.. ^^ Its an answer for the question why zombies in A11 such weak.

Kaballah

Quote from: Justin C on May 20, 2014, 02:09:20 AM
Features:
Zombies
- Zombies are mindless killers. They kill you and your enemies indiscriminately.
- Their bites are infectious. If a colonist is bitten you will get an alert. The colonist will slowly die of the bite, and then they will turn into a zombie immediately on death.
- They are 20% slower than colonists and other enemies, and can be easily killed with Cutting weapons like knives and swords.

That's a core design feature  ???

I mean if you want them 10 times harder in your modpack great, but the 10x health thing probably should not be the default.

Florius

I already asked Skyarkhangel how to change it. He sent me:

QuoteYes, you can.

Zombie Apocalypse_SK\Defs\ThingDefs
Races_Zombie.xml

Change this:
<basehealthScale>10</basehealthScale>

So I set it to one and they are squishy once again!

However, Skyarkhangel, it seems that the zombies are (too) focused on turrets. If I place my colonists on the right bottom (http://puu.sh/mc5pw/78d2652401.jpg), they always go north for the turrets. Is it possible to get them behave like a zombie, and only want brainzzzz?  ;D

Kaballah

Is something wrong with zombie leather, I can't seem to make anything out of it in this build.  I may be having some other mod conflict though?   ???

Oh, LeatherAmount is set to zero in the race def.  ... Why?

e: well again at least it's easy to undo, if you want your zombies to give leather on being butchered again you can edit:
Zombie Apocalypse_SK\Defs\ThingDefs\Races_Zombie.xml

find the ThingDef block for BaseZombie, find the line "<LeatherAmount>0</LeatherAmount>" and change the zero to some larger number e.g. 20, the same as default human.

RickyMartini

Oh man oh man.. So many posts about individual bugs, could someone maybe re-remake the mod so that it works again?

Florius

It actually is working, it doesn't really have game breaking bugs, just a couple of annoying ones hehe.

RickyMartini

Kaballah

Well the leather and health changes aren't exactly bugs, they were changed on purpose, but if you don't like them (I don't) they're easy to change back, it's just one number each.  I'm just glad the mod works in A12, thanks Skylark.

e: I'm fairly sure Ish's Medieval Factions mod conflicts with the zombie faction, I was getting errors complaining about internal duplicate faction IDs or something until I finally disabled the Medieval Factions mod, FYI.

Florius

I also use the Medieval Factions mod but I don't have any problem. Perhaps change the load order?

Kaballah

That would probably help but I've finally got my mod order loading OK and have a pretty fun colony getting started, so I don't want to screw it up for a while.  Next time I start a colony I'll give that a try, thanks.