[A14d] Rimworld Zombie Apocalypse (v. 1.5 - July 26)

Started by Justin C, May 20, 2014, 02:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jevon

not just for zombie but for everything
it may be really shitty tho to wait until we got HEADSHIT
BTW Make it simple like Head, torso, leg instead of skull, brain, Ribs and blah blah blah
:) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( 
if the author doesn't make that until A13... all my colonist will became a godlike at shooting because they shoot to much

Florius

Quote from: Kaballah on December 30, 2015, 02:00:38 PM
That would probably help but I've finally got my mod order loading OK and have a pretty fun colony getting started, so I don't want to screw it up for a while.  Next time I start a colony I'll give that a try, thanks.

You "should" be able to change the mod order without any problem, but don't disable them. It only gives you a warning that you changed the load order if you load a savegame. You can give it a try, and if it doesn't work, change it back to your old load order, and make a back-up of the load order :)

TLHeart

Quote from: Florius on December 30, 2015, 11:24:34 PM
That would probably help but I've finally got my mod order loading OK and have a pretty fun colony getting started, so I don't want to screw it up for a while.  Next time I start a colony I'll give that a try, thanks.

You "should" be able to change the mod order without any problem, but don't disable them. It only gives you a warning that you changed the load order if you load a savegame. You can give it a try, and if it doesn't work, change it back to your old load order, and make a back-up of the load order :)

mod order is CRITICAL, and changing the order can cause total crash with all mods being disabled.

Florius

Quote from: TLHeart on December 31, 2015, 12:05:51 AM
Quote from: Florius on December 30, 2015, 11:24:34 PM

mod order is CRITICAL, and changing the order can cause total crash with all mods being disabled.

Exactly, if you disable them, but not change the load order in most cases. At least, I have never had problems with it, but guess I'm lucky then.

Kaballah

Well in this case since it's a faction mod anyway, and the factions have already been set, there isn't really any point in activating it until I move on to another colony  :)

Kaballah

Quote from: Jevon on December 30, 2015, 11:22:23 PM
if the author doesn't make that until A13... all my colonist will became a godlike at shooting because they shoot to much

Quote from: Florius on December 28, 2015, 10:43:32 PM
I already asked Skyarkhangel how to change it. He sent me:

QuoteYes, you can.

Zombie Apocalypse_SK\Defs\ThingDefs
Races_Zombie.xml

Change this:
<basehealthScale>10</basehealthScale>

So I set it to one and they are squishy once again!

Grimandevil

maybe i should tame him and make a zombie guard..

[attachment deleted due to age]
welcome to the Rimworld - a world full of cannibal drug-addicted psychos, but free of vegetarians.

Kaballah

Kadrush

So, i am using the unofficial A12 version of the mod.

Just one thing, if i surround my colony with a perimiter wall and keep all my colonists inside the zombies just dont move (unless visitors or other raids spamm, which in case the zombies attack them). Is that intended? cause if it is it just sound unfair, as you can turtle and fight the zombies on your own terms.

I mean, i would like a horde of zombies smashing themselves against my wall looking for a breach, and thats just not happenning.

Grimandevil

Quote from: Kadrush on March 02, 2016, 12:41:27 PM
I mean, i would like a horde of zombies smashing themselves against my wall looking for a breach, and thats just not happenning.
thats because of AI changes in a12. in a current state, zombies cant break doors or walls.
so for a proper gameplay u have to deliberately leave a hole in your perimeter.
welcome to the Rimworld - a world full of cannibal drug-addicted psychos, but free of vegetarians.

Kadrush

Quote from: Grimandevil on March 02, 2016, 03:14:46 PM
Quote from: Kadrush on March 02, 2016, 12:41:27 PM
thats because of AI changes in a12. in a current state, zombies cant break doors or walls.
so for a proper gameplay u have to deliberately leave a hole in your perimeter.

Well, since i use glitter tech and Rimsenal Federation, gaps in my defense cant happen :/

Grimandevil

an oppened door will do. just close it when bad guys come.

Kadrush

As far as i can tell zombies cant smash walls as they dont carry any weapons (ranged or melee), so wouldnt be simplies to add to them a melee "weapon" in form of claws or arms and make it deteriorate or be destroyed when dropped?

Grimandevil

afaik, rider sappers are perfectly comfortable "mining" walls with their bare hands.

Kadrush

I am playing with a mod now that add a insectoid hive to the game, they arrive like raids from the corner of the map, and in great numbers. They attack the walls normally (insects = melee only). Therefore i believe that the issue is with the zombie mod code and not with the alpha 12 version code.