[A14d] Rimworld Zombie Apocalypse (v. 1.5 - July 26)

Started by Justin C, May 20, 2014, 02:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir_W_Scott

Hey Hardcore SK team thanks for updating this awesome mod!

Truly Truly I do appreciate that you updated the mod ;3 (I'm not experienced with the modding world of Rimworld by any means) But... it would be nice to be able to crush the zombies skull when they are downed (and not have to down a zombie 5 times before having the head destroyed by chance)
"Recruitment failed 1% chance"
Prisoner recruitment. What it feels like:
http://sketchtoy.com/66370283

The human meals doesn't help.
« By A Friend »

Warforyou

Quote from: Sir_W_Scott on June 14, 2016, 09:19:19 PM
Hey Hardcore SK team thanks for updating this awesome mod!

Truly Truly I do appreciate that you updated the mod ;3 (I'm not experienced with the modding world of Rimworld by any means) But... it would be nice to be able to crush the zombies skull when they are downed (and not have to down a zombie 5 times before having the head destroyed by chance)

any grenades will do  ;)

xthorgoldx

Austintrollinski

update this mod  for A13 because it been a11 for a long time now so it needs an update

Warforyou

Quote from: Austintrollinski on June 16, 2016, 03:56:15 PM
update this mod  for A13 because it been a11 for a long time now so it needs an update

You're a bit too slow, man, take a look at the previous page :)

Warforyou

Quote from: Der Failer on June 14, 2016, 10:53:56 AM
Quote from: skyarkhangel on June 09, 2016, 11:56:22 PM
-snip-
In my attempt to add this to Mega Mod Pack I found this bug:
Exception ticking Scharf: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at Verse.ZombiePawn.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.TickList.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

In order to find the presumed mod causing a incompatibility i removed one by one. In the end only "Core, ExpandedProsthetics&OrganEngineering, and Zombie Apocalypse_SK_EPOE" were left, but i also found it in the "normal" version without EPOE.

It sometime occurs when a zombie gets shoot to death. I tried a bit around to pinpoint why it only happens for some zombie but i was unable to do so. As far as i can tell it don't seem to impact gameplay, but i didn't do any longer tests.
Also know this will come up: I've test this on a fresh install and also did all the necessary restarts. Full outputlog attached.

Bump!
I have this whith EPOE version. It now does so many ticks, makes my game freeze every two seconds.

dyl000

Is this new version compatable with Combat Realism?

Helixien

It works fine for me. Zombies go down easy in melee combat, but if you try to fight them with ranged weapons, you going to have a bad time. Unless your peps are damn good at range combat.

Miner_239

Are the zombies supposed to stand around and wander instead of beelining to our base? Zombies made good target practice since they have small aggro range and is very tough. A pawn of mine raised his skill from 9 to 14 in 6 hours of gunning a single zombie with a pistol.
I am using A13 version. Can you make a new thread for the A13 unofficial version instead of posting here?

Shurp

So I am trying to modify the Zombie infection to be treatable, but reading the xml has confused me.  Here's the bit I'm looking at:

<compClass>HediffComp_Immunizable</compClass>
<severityPerDayImmune>0</severityPerDayImmune>
<severityPerDayTendedOffset>-0.03</severityPerDayTendedOffset>
<immunityPerDayNotSick>0</immunityPerDayNotSick>
<immunityPerDaySick>0</immunityPerDaySick>

So I understand that there's no immunity gain in the base mod.  But what I don't get is that there's no severity gain specified.  If severity gain isn't specified in Hediffs_Zombie_Infection.xml then where is it specified? 

I could arbitrarily set immunityPerDaySick to 0.3 but I wanted to pick something relative to the actual severity gain rate to balance it with the infection rate.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Shirimoto

Quote from: Shurp on June 25, 2016, 08:06:32 PM
So I am trying to modify the Zombie infection to be treatable, but reading the xml has confused me.  Here's the bit I'm looking at:

<compClass>HediffComp_Immunizable</compClass>
<severityPerDayImmune>0</severityPerDayImmune>
<severityPerDayTendedOffset>-0.03</severityPerDayTendedOffset>
<immunityPerDayNotSick>0</immunityPerDayNotSick>
<immunityPerDaySick>0</immunityPerDaySick>

So I understand that there's no immunity gain in the base mod.  But what I don't get is that there's no severity gain specified.  If severity gain isn't specified in Hediffs_Zombie_Infection.xml then where is it specified? 

I could arbitrarily set immunityPerDaySick to 0.3 but I wanted to pick something relative to the actual severity gain rate to balance it with the infection rate.
You don't need to do that, you could just amputate the area of infection, but for some reason when I did that it didnt amputate the Arms/Legs only the infection... I'm using the EPOE mod with it too.

Shurp

Amputating the head usually doesn't work out too well for the colonist in question.  Treating the infection is more likely to save him :-P

So, again, any idea what determines the zombie infection severity rate seeing as severityPerDayNotImmune doesn't seem to be set anywhere?
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

lance789

Quote from: skyarkhangel on June 09, 2016, 11:56:22 PM

Zombie Apocalypse A13 SK

Unofficial update for Rimworld A13
by Hardcore SK team.

Additions:

• Zombie body patch. Makes zombies much stronger.
  • Zombie bite patch. Added special zombie bite attack.
  • Bonus A13: Zombie could ressurect AGAIN, if the head was not destroyed.

Standart version

+ EPOE 1.63 patch*

*EPOE mod must come first in the list.

Y E S  ;D

Elixiar

If a colonist is bitten and infected he can be cured normally with doctoring... Is it supposed to be like that? Was expecting to have to amputate to save my people if I'm fast enough or lose them.

Also, soon as I wall of my colony or take everyone indoors the zombies seem to deep and remain where they are standing almost permanently afterwards.

This supposed to happen?

(Also anyway I can disable the constant resurrections until the virus goes airborne?)
"We didn't crash here by accident... something brought us down". - Anon Rimworld Colonist

LustrousWolf