[A14d] Rimworld Zombie Apocalypse (v. 1.5 - July 26)

Started by Justin C, May 20, 2014, 02:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GiantSpaceHamster

Quote from: synopia on January 31, 2017, 03:33:19 PM
Hi.

I have made a rewrite of this mod.

You may try it here: https://github.com/synopia/Zombies/releases/tag/0.16.0

Currently working: Zombie Raid & Reanimate infected colonists.

I'm not sure how I feel about this given that the original creator is working on updating this mod. Did you get permission? Or, if your work is entirely original, it still seems inappropriate to advertise in someone else's mod announcement thread.

synopia

Quote from: GiantSpaceHamster on January 31, 2017, 04:39:16 PM
I'm not sure how I feel about this given that the original creator is working on updating this mod. Did you get permission? Or, if your work is entirely original, it still seems inappropriate to advertise in someone else's mod announcement thread.

Your right, and I feel exactly the same. I did not get any permissions, I just rewrote the mod to train my c# skills ;-)

Thats why I did not created a workshop release, instead I just hand out what I assembled. Maybe Justin can take some code to update his code.

Uk

Napple

Quote from: synopia on January 31, 2017, 03:33:19 PM
Hi.

I have made a rewrite of this mod.

You may try it here: https://github.com/synopia/Zombies/releases/tag/0.16.0

Currently working: Zombie Raid & Reanimate infected colonists.
Is it compatible with Epoe Hardcore?

synopia

Quote from: Napple on February 01, 2017, 06:30:15 PM

I did not tried it yet, but it should be. I my code I am not creating a new human body with code to check if bitten by a zombie (which causes problems with other mods). Instead I use the detour mechanism delivered by hugslib + the check if a human is infected is done by looking into his injuries instead of storing a flag at the entity (which also causes some problems).

So, just try it and tell the result here - I cant do this right now (I am at work ;-))

MaximStale

Quote from: synopia on February 02, 2017, 02:11:19 AM
Quote from: Napple on February 01, 2017, 06:30:15 PM

I did not tried it yet, but it should be. I my code I am not creating a new human body with code to check if bitten by a zombie (which causes problems with other mods). Instead I use the detour mechanism delivered by hugslib + the check if a human is infected is done by looking into his injuries instead of storing a flag at the entity (which also causes some problems).

So, just try it and tell the result here - I cant do this right now (I am at work ;-))

Maybe you should collaborate with author original mod?

DankLordSupreme

yo justin, i would just jump in and ask if you know when you would be done with it, if you're still working on it ^^

zakthefallen

synopia's fix/update for A16 actually does work. There's some things that could be improved, but zombies raids are functional, and so is the infection. As far as I can tell, it's also 100% compatible with EPOE.

Other things are pretty minor, like zombies aren't colored green, the game still shows a message about them fleeing even when though their AI properly tells them to keep approaching anyway. One thing that DOES cause a problem is that sometimes one of the random pawns that joins the colony is from the zombie faction, so they immediate start attacking colonists. Then you shoot it down, and the colonists whine about "A colonist died".

I'm not sure if that's only happening because I have the Hospitality mod installed, so I'm given a yes/no choice when someone wants to join, but at least I can choose to decline anyone from that faction. The same thing would happen if you use dev mode to forcibly recruit a zombie.

Overall, it's great to see that I can make more zombie apocalypse colonies. Thanks for getting the the zombie waves at least functional, synopia   :)

Edit: It seems like zombies never send a large number at me, it's only reached up to 5 zombies at once, even after 2 years on Rough difficulty with Cassandra storyteller. I can use dev mode to spawn a larger horde, but shouldn't their numbers be increasing as my colony wealth goes up? Not sure why it isn't happening automatically.

Brassqund

Quote from: zakthefallen on February 21, 2017, 08:09:22 PM
synopia's fix/update for A16 actually does work. There's some things that could be improved, but zombies raids are functional, and so is the infection. As far as I can tell, it's also 100% compatible with EPOE.

Other things are pretty minor, like zombies aren't colored green, the game still shows a message about them fleeing even when though their AI properly tells them to keep approaching anyway. One thing that DOES cause a problem is that sometimes one of the random pawns that joins the colony is from the zombie faction, so they immediate start attacking colonists. Then you shoot it down, and the colonists whine about "A colonist died".

I'm not sure if that's only happening because I have the Hospitality mod installed, so I'm given a yes/no choice when someone wants to join, but at least I can choose to decline anyone from that faction. The same thing would happen if you use dev mode to forcibly recruit a zombie.

Overall, it's great to see that I can make more zombie apocalypse colonies. Thanks for getting the the zombie waves at least functional, synopia   :)

Edit: It seems like zombies never send a large number at me, it's only reached up to 5 zombies at once, even after 2 years on Rough difficulty with Cassandra storyteller. I can use dev mode to spawn a larger horde, but shouldn't their numbers be increasing as my colony wealth goes up? Not sure why it isn't happening automatically.
There is a problem with zombies number, for sure.
I got 21 colonists in a pretty big base and the maximum zombies I had in one time was... 5.
I still got 1 zombie time to time. Kind of annoying because that waste a raid event and
I can't remove the mod from my game or it will crash.

Zombies can also be rescue when downed which is...
not too bad because you can simply finish them but still...
Some mods that add new creature like that use mostly a thing in the dll so when the
creature is down, it is automatically killed.

I also think they shouldn't be downed by the pain because that make them
too easy to take care of.

RickyMartini

I'm glad that this dead mod has finally been moved to the right subforum.

Gee

FoxXeL

Quote from: Robloxsina66 on June 08, 2017, 11:34:38 AM
https://mega.nz/#!P4V2lRxK!vo-Gk7YxduhHfdMs3ePnnonIL0mmu1hHFrJ2PEqoBkM for those who wanted the a17 version

I am skeptical(sceptical?) to try this mod. Is it safe? Does it have any bugs? I'd rather not play with zombies at all than play with a buggy mod. Anyway, thank you for the effort!

DaemonDeathAngel

There is an A17 version of the mod on steam, updated by some very trusted and experienced Modders

RickyMartini

Finally at least somebody who is capable. Original author could just as well have admitted that this is a dropped project instead of keeping us hanging for a year.