[A14d] Rimworld Zombie Apocalypse (v. 1.5 - July 26)

Started by Justin C, May 20, 2014, 02:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin C

Quote from: Crimsonknight3 on May 20, 2014, 04:39:38 PM
Quote from: Justin C on May 20, 2014, 02:24:15 PM
Zombies are dead, so there will never be a cure for zombification in my mod. I will, however, consider options for treating zombie bites. An ideal solution, in my mind, would be something that offers a chance at curing of the bite at the expense of permanent stat debuffs. Like, for example, Hershel in The Walking Dead survive a zombie bite by amputating his leg. So if he were a pawn in my mod he would have a permanent speed reduction. Or another person could survive the bite but never be quite as healthy as they were, so they would have a permanent reduction to their max health.

And thanks to everyone who has played it so far!

That is a good idea, though I think the debuffs would need to be very carefully balanced otherwise it ends up pointless saving them. I was thinking more maybe if it can be done, losing a set % of a skill or multiple skills for amount of time spent infected before cure, and if they aren't timely cured, permanentaly losing the ability to do said skill.... That could balance things quite well, reward those who have cures prepared, and those who take too long to cure end up nerfed and not able to mine etc... It would mean they could still be useful. With taking away skills they could still be useful.. If they had a speed debuff they would be almost useless at everything bar researching and maybe cleaning... The health debuff though could work well with the skills debuff but at a slower rate than skill levels lost.

Also on a side note, perhaps put something ingame that keeps track of how many zombies each person or the colony has killed :)
Those are all good ideas. I will keep them in mind when it comes time to tackle that issue. It's probably going to be a bit of a challenge.

Vas

Obviously no game is complete without a zombie game mode, right Tynan? *hinthintnudgehint*
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

SacoMato

I had so much fun with this mod.
After the virus go airborne, see the the deads been reanimated in a raiders attack  and let the zombies finish the work is so much fun.

I like the cure idea and i agree that must not works 100% of the time and if work must have some penalties.

Avis

At last! I have the walking dead in rimworld! All the fun to be had! Although, perhaps a zombie apoc storyteller would be nice, so you could have regular games and zombie games on the same install without enabling and disabling mods like crazy.
I remember the days of giving prisoners peg legs, and then removing them to immobilize them.

Justin C

New version is up on NexusMods! Sorry for releasing a new version so quickly, but I was really motivated to get the mod in a more playable state today when I saw the response it was getting.

v 0.5.1 - 5/20/2014 -----------------------------------------------
- Fixed a game-breaking bug that would cause the airborne status of the virus to carry over to a new game if you didn't close the client down before starting a new one.
- Removed the delay (in most instances) from when zombies spawned to when they were turned green and renamed.
- Increased the delay from when the virus goes airborne to when corpses start reanimating.
- Slightly reduced the rate at which corpses reanimate.
- Reduced the chance of the virus going airborne by 60%.
- Reduced the walk speed of zombies by 12.5%
- Completely changed the way points are given to hoard incidents, making the hoard size scale over time and with the number of colonists you have.
- Increased the melee damage of zombies by 2 and the health by 10 to compensate a bit for their slower speed and smaller early-game hoards.

Hopefully this will fix the problems with people getting overwhelmed early on. Hoards should start out fairly small and then slowly grow as the days pass and as you gain more colonists.

StormProxy

True They are still bringin out those trait stuff

Vas

Curious, do dead zombies raise again?  Would make it pretty interesting.  Kill a zombie and you only have a certain amount of time to dispose of the body before it re-animates.  Giving cremation a new use! :P
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

Justin C

Quote from: Blackjack1000K on May 20, 2014, 04:27:17 AM
*cough*Call of Duty Black Ops Zombie mode*cough*
I haven't played a COD game since Modern Warfare 2, so I don't know what Black Ops zombie mode is like.

Quote from: Vas on May 20, 2014, 05:51:45 PM
Obviously no game is complete without a zombie game mode, right Tynan? *hinthintnudgehint*
That's what I was thinking! Zombies are like bacon: You can add zombies to basically anything and they will make that thing more awesome!

A wave-based survival mode could probably be thrown together pretty easily using a custom storyteller if people want something like that. With timed waves that gradually increase in size, and item/resource drops after every wave with some time in-between to build up your base.

Quote from: Vas on May 20, 2014, 07:01:00 PM
Curious, do dead zombies raise again?  Would make it pretty interesting.  Kill a zombie and you only have a certain amount of time to dispose of the body before it re-animates.  Giving cremation a new use! :P
Nope, once you kill a zombie, it's dead. I was going to add my own version of a cremation chamber so people could deal with corpses before they reanimated, but this v. 0.5 release is just so people can have fun with the zombies.

decomg

a89a89

Quote from: SpiritedCanine on May 20, 2014, 04:38:42 PM
Problem... I like this but after I got wrecked on day 5 by a large horde (exciting as a group was visiting) I started a new colony and found a colonist that died last time around and his name was still *Ian (Dead). I'm afraid of playing alot of this mod as I'll have to re-write their names. Love the mod tho
that seems like a pretty big bug

Vas

Quote from: Justin C on May 20, 2014, 07:02:29 PM
Nope, once you kill a zombie, it's dead. I was going to add my own version of a cremation chamber so people could deal with corpses before they reanimated, but this v. 0.5 release is just so people can have fun with the zombies.

You really should consider making zombies undieing no matter what.  They can be incapacitated at 0 health, but they steadily heal till 100 again and stand right back up.  Like a reverse sort of health system where they just can't be killed, once zero they are basically laying down in a bed healing right there where they dropped.  You have a button you click on them to cremate their bodies before they wake up.  If they wake up while you're hauling them, it always results in a bite, 100% of the time and a loss of 50% health instantly to the transporter.

Justin C

Quote from: a89a89 on May 20, 2014, 08:33:07 PM
Quote from: SpiritedCanine on May 20, 2014, 04:38:42 PM
Problem... I like this but after I got wrecked on day 5 by a large horde (exciting as a group was visiting) I started a new colony and found a colonist that died last time around and his name was still *Ian (Dead). I'm afraid of playing alot of this mod as I'll have to re-write their names. Love the mod tho
that seems like a pretty big bug
I haven't run into that issue, and I honestly can't think of a way it would even be possible. There was another bug where the "airborne" status of the virus was carrying over to new colonies, which might have caused a corpse to reanimate in his game before they were supposed to. But I don't see how dead colonists could randomly be spawning in his game.

Quote from: Vas on May 20, 2014, 08:35:39 PM
Quote from: Justin C on May 20, 2014, 07:02:29 PM

You really should consider making zombies undieing no matter what.  They can be incapacitated at 0 health, but they steadily heal till 100 again and stand right back up.  Like a reverse sort of health system where they just can't be killed, once zero they are basically laying down in a bed healing right there where they dropped.  You have a button you click on them to cremate their bodies before they wake up.  If they wake up while you're hauling them, it always results in a bite, 100% of the time and a loss of 50% health instantly to the transporter.
Traditionally zombies are killed by headshots. Zombies cannot heal or regenerate because their bodies are dead, and once the brain is destroyed they die for good.

ItchyFlea

Bug?
A new colony with this mod activate always starts with a special map condition named "Undefined".
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Justin C

Quote from: ItchyFlea on May 20, 2014, 09:38:13 PM
Bug?
A new colony with this mod activate always starts with a special map condition named "Undefined".
That's not a bug, and I actually meant to mention that in the OP. I use a MapCondition to keep track of all of the zombie stuff, and there is no way to make custom MapConditionType to throw in there, so I am forced to use the Undefined one. I plan on looking for a better solution to this later.

ItchyFlea

Is it intended for the game to display this message "Max Raid Points: 100, Max Raiders: 5, Min Raiders: 2" once every in-game hour?
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created