[A14d] Rimworld Zombie Apocalypse (v. 1.5 - July 26)

Started by Justin C, May 20, 2014, 02:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spatula

i really liked how some of the zombies linger... gave me a frightening moment when I forgot about one near a corner.

the crematorium makes it much more interesting to rush and dispose corpses before they rise... I got hit with airborne right off the bat (1st event, lol) and then 3 simultaneous raids... by the end the zombies obviously won... the bites seem rarer, which is good.

What about zombie bait? Like something that makes noise or is meat that zombies would prioritize attacking, but would be horrific for colonist mental states? (ie. surround the base in a meat wall to keep zombies occupied, but everyone goes insane).

Rex705

Ok well forget the walls I was just thinking of cool prison like colony everyone scared to go out. But the traps and stuff would be cool. Spike traps with meat so they go for the meat and get stuck so you can come by and take them out.

Justin C

Quote from: Rex705 on June 03, 2014, 12:59:41 AM
Ok well forget the walls I was just thinking of cool prison like colony everyone scared to go out. But the traps and stuff would be cool. Spike traps with meat so they go for the meat and get stuck so you can come by and take them out.
A zombie "moat" is possible. Getting zombies in the moat is the hard part.

Also, I just remembered two very important changes I left out of the change log. They have been added to the OP.
- When the airborne incident hits, you now have 24 hours to dispose of corpses before they start reanimating.
- While the airborne incident is active, a corpse will not reanimate until it has been dead for at least 12 hours.

steveuk

I'm loving the way the zombies hang around the map now, attacking visiting factions. There were about 8 zombies that had stayed back on a horde attack and I had the ' a colonist wants to join my group' event. Needless to say, he led them straight at me  ;D

SpiritedCanine

Don't get mad at me for stupid stuff!

mrofa

Means you got zombie apocalypse folder in zombie apocalypse folder, this happens dependable on the tool u use to extract the file.
Proper placment is Mods/zombie/defs,about,assembly(and all other files you got there)

Justin as a note the 24h time to corpse rise is kinda big, what about some randomnes from 1h to 24h ?
I tent to like it additional threat that zombies rise from dead raiders  in the middle of the fight, like it was in first realese.
Thats said im not sure how hauling would look then since this would might make body to turn while being hauled and this would be kinda a killer to that suggesion :p
All i do is clutter all around.

Justin C

Quote from: mrofa on June 03, 2014, 12:34:35 PM
Justin as a note the 24h time to corpse rise is kinda big, what about some randomnes from 1h to 24h ?
I tent to like it additional threat that zombies rise from dead raiders  in the middle of the fight, like it was in first realese.
Thats said im not sure how hauling would look then since this would might make body to turn while being hauled and this would be kinda a killer to that suggesion :p
It's only 12 hours from death to reanimation. That means the people who died at the beginning of a fight usually start reanimating towards the end. It might be a little long, but I wanted to give people enough time to cremate the corpses before they turn.

The corpses of the bitten still reanimate instantly, and with the addition of wandering zombies it makes it far more likely that travelers or raiders will be zombified and added to the hoard.

Justin C

Well it's a bit late, but I finally put a writeup about the latest release on ModDB. If you've been following the thread it won't say much you don't know already, but if you haven't then you can go there to get all of the information in one place.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/rimworld-zombie-apocalypse/news/rimworld-zombie-apocalypse-alpha-4-release

I'll aim to have another article up on Monday to outline my plans for future changes to the mod.

dackry1

i would love to download this mod but when i go to open the winrar folder it comes up saying that the file in damaged help?

Justin C

Quote from: dackry1 on June 07, 2014, 03:48:43 PM
i would love to download this mod but when i go to open the winrar folder it comes up saying that the file in damaged help?
Try downloading it again. If that doesn't work try using 7zip instead of winrar.

EDIT: And I noticed that I hit 1000 downloads between ModDB and NexusMods today!

dackry1

Quote from: Justin C on June 07, 2014, 04:55:02 PM
Quote from: dackry1 on June 07, 2014, 03:48:43 PM
Try downloading it again. If that doesn't work try using 7zip instead of winrar.
EDIT: And I noticed that I hit 1000 downloads between ModDB and NexusMods today!
how mighti change it from winrar to 7zip

steveuk

Justin C

Quote from: dackry1 on June 07, 2014, 09:18:16 PM
Download and install 7zip from here:
http://www.7-zip.org/

After you install it, download my mod. Right click on the .zip file, go to 7zip, and then extract.

dackry1

Quote from: Justin C on June 07, 2014, 11:12:41 PM

After you install it, download my mod. Right click on the .zip file, go to 7zip, and then extract.
it still just downloads ii winrar how do i change the way it downloads?

Justin C

Quote from: dackry1 on June 08, 2014, 10:42:20 AM
Quote from: Justin C on June 07, 2014, 11:12:41 PM

it still just downloads ii winrar how do i change the way it downloads?
When you download it, make sure you don't have "Open in Winrar" selected. Just download it normally and then extract it manually afterwards.