[A14d] Rimworld Zombie Apocalypse (v. 1.5 - July 26)

Started by Justin C, May 20, 2014, 02:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rannzou

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! finnaly is updated for alpha 6!!!!! :D

khromosone

Iwillbenicetou

Quote from: khromosone on August 20, 2014, 06:09:30 AM
55 days in and no zombies on challenge.

Did you start a new world? Maybe generate a whole new world. Like the planet.
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

2rok

YAY! It's back! Thanks for updating!

I've been using the new version for a few hours now. There are two things I noticed.
1. Corpses don't seem to turn into zombies. I had tons and tons of corpses laying in my base and none ever turned into a zombie. I had the "virus airborne" event multiple times still no zombies.
2. At one point I just started getting spammed with the "There is a xxxx group of zombies approaching" event. During my entire play with the mod I only had a handful of normal events, but the "zombie horde coming" event every few minutes.

Iwillbenicetou

Read my previous comment, and look on the front page.

DorgoDorato

Justin C

Quote from: 2rok on August 20, 2014, 10:15:50 AM
YAY! It's back! Thanks for updating!

I've been using the new version for a few hours now. There are two things I noticed.
1. Corpses don't seem to turn into zombies. I had tons and tons of corpses laying in my base and none ever turned into a zombie. I had the "virus airborne" event multiple times still no zombies.
2. At one point I just started getting spammed with the "There is a xxxx group of zombies approaching" event. During my entire play with the mod I only had a handful of normal events, but the "zombie horde coming" event every few minutes.
Sorry, I should have mentioned this in my post instead of just putting it up on the front page.

You have to start a new world. If you created a world before installing the mod there won't be any zombie faction for the zombies to spawn from. So new world, new game, and it should work.

Justin C

Quote from: DorgoDorato on August 20, 2014, 03:40:39 PM
Don't forget to put up some YouTube videos folks
I would definitely appreciate any YouTube videos or even screenshots that show off my mod. I'm absolutely awful at that stuff.

Also, I just found someone who is currently streaming Rimworld with Zombie Apocalypse:
http://www.twitch.tv/thaan

Iwillbenicetou

Can you make 2 versions (like regular and hardcore) where the chance of being bitten is smaller/larger, slower/faster zombies and more/less time until airborne virus.
Also I saw an enemy was bit, and the infection damage was "Misc" Can you change it to infection or something?

Justin C

Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on August 20, 2014, 07:59:22 PM
Can you make 2 versions (like regular and hardcore) where the chance of being bitten is smaller/larger, slower/faster zombies and more/less time until airborne virus.
I don't plan on making separate versions. The number of zombies that spawn scales with the difficulty level you choose. I could make the bite chance and airborne chance scale a bit with that as well.

QuoteAlso I saw an enemy was bit, and the infection damage was "Misc" Can you change it to infection or something?
I'll definitely fix the "Misc" injury thing, but I'm kind of split on labeling people as "infected" because in the movies people tend to hide the fact that they are bitten.

Iwillbenicetou

I might think of doing a mod pack soon. It's the zombie apocalypse pack. Can I use your mod for it?

Zeta Omega

Justin C

Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on August 20, 2014, 09:18:41 PM
I might think of doing a mod pack soon. It's the zombie apocalypse pack. Can I use your mod for it?
Sure, go for it.

bobucles

Is it possible to set up zombie anatomy that differs from their victims?

Because everyone knows that torso shots are useless. You have to aim for the head.

Iwillbenicetou

Quote from: Justin C on August 20, 2014, 09:32:01 PM
Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on August 20, 2014, 09:18:41 PM
Sure, go for it.

Now the only thing I need is to find out how to start it. I will do some testing and report back.