[A14d] Rimworld Zombie Apocalypse (v. 1.5 - July 26)

Started by Justin C, May 20, 2014, 02:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssilvee

Hi, I got a alternative method to solve the error about BitablePawn / AIPawn
1. open your save file in wordpad
2. search the word colonist until u reach

</thing>
      <thing Class="BiteablePawn">
         <def>Human</def>
         <id>Human5</id>
         <pos>(135, 0, 127)</pos>
         <rot>1</rot>
         <faction>Colony</faction>
         <kindDef>Colonist</kindDef>
         <jailerFaction>null</jailerFaction>
         <story>

3. up above is the colonist information, for me the error appear is the slave i buy, their information show
                  <thing Class="Pawn">

4. Ok, what i try to do is replace the Pawn to BiteablePawn.
5. check all paragraph like 2. to make sure all Pawn to BiteablePawn.
6. Save and close
7. Load into Game, the screen flashes error should gone.

This method maybe dumb...but so far work for me, hope it helps until fixed version releases :)

vagineer1

Quote from: vagineer1 on August 23, 2014, 06:01:33 AM
Quote from: Justin C on August 22, 2014, 04:30:59 PM
Quote from: vagineer1 on August 22, 2014, 10:23:38 AM
Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on August 22, 2014, 09:32:31 AM
Follow these steps:
Defs>IncidentDefs>BaseIncident_Zombies then fiddle around. Airborne virus is at the bottom.
I checked out the XML file and the chance for the airborne virus is 0 (I did not edit it) Does that mean it will not happen?
No. It is set to 0 so the Storyeller won't call the events. The mod actually handles deciding when raids and the airborne event happen.

So is there a way of disabling the event? I love this mod but most of my colonies are outdoor-based.
You see this tank?

This tank is the epitome of "I'm going to destroy you"

This tank can make Chuck norris cry.

All hail the Takemikazuchi.

Halinder

This mod makes mechanoids fighting zombies a thing, and that thing is glorious.

Bruvvy

thefinn

I played this earlier for several hours and got not one zombie horde :(

I was kinda looking forward to it, the virus went airborne and I left a mad squirrel sitting on a dump pile for a week - didn't turn.

Had the following mods:
Embrasures.
Wood Economy.
Project Armory.
Work Places.
Clutter.

Did I do something wrong ? Going by the description I should get zombies of varying sized hordes no matter my difficulty correct ?

Conred

Travelers arent attacking zombies until they get bite in the ass. They should fire at them from distance. Also seem like zombies getting damage from losing blood after a fight. I dont think they should die from that since they are dead already. They should be automatically patched up after surviving a battle with travelers

Iwillbenicetou

Quote from: thefinn on August 24, 2014, 01:50:39 PM

I was kinda looking forward to it, the virus went airborne and I left a mad squirrel sitting on a dump pile for a week - didn't turn.

Had the following mods:
Embrasures.
Wood Economy.
Project Armory.
Work Places.
Clutter.

Did I do something wrong ? Going by the description I should get zombies of varying sized hordes no matter my difficulty correct ?

Yes you did do something wrong. Thoughts for next time:
Read the front page entirely! There is a step where it says "genereate a whole new world/planet"
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

thefinn

Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on August 24, 2014, 05:18:19 PM
Quote from: thefinn on August 24, 2014, 01:50:39 PM

Had the following mods:
Embrasures.
Wood Economy.
Project Armory.
Work Places.
Clutter.

Yes you did do something wrong. Thoughts for next time:
Read the front page entirely! There is a step where it says "genereate a whole new world/planet"

Damn the fine print!

I did read that too, but I figured a new map was a new map, not a new WORLD :)

Thanks ;)

Iwillbenicetou

Lithial

Hey is there a way to stop the killed people debuff when killing zombies?

Iwillbenicetou

Lithial

When you kill the zombies they get a debuff like they killed an actual person. it makes them sad to kill zombies and i don't think that's realistic :P

Lithial

another question, is it possible to detect if you have superior crafting installed and tone down the waves a little? Normal game with zombies would be easy enough but large waves on day 7 when you haven't even built a turret yet can get kinda intimidating lol

Somz

Quote from: Lithial on August 26, 2014, 03:02:20 AM
When you kill the zombies they get a debuff like they killed an actual person. it makes them sad to kill zombies and i don't think that's realistic :P

Why? Maybe they are sad because they thought about them having a (probably not) nice life once, turned into zombie, and now they have had to kill them. Oh, now *I* feel sorry for them.  ;D
To beer or not to beer.
That is a laughable question.

Lithial

I think you sir might have to go kill some zombies to fix that sympathy you might be having :P