[A14d] Rimworld Zombie Apocalypse (v. 1.5 - July 26)

Started by Justin C, May 20, 2014, 02:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BetaSpectre

That is a good point, the WW1 Mod changes the factions, or should. I heard there was no conflict though, maybe there is one.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

xXChrizzelXx

Quote from: Justin C on September 16, 2014, 05:49:55 PM
Quote from: xXChrizzelXx on September 16, 2014, 12:00:26 AM
Quote from: Justin C on September 15, 2014, 04:35:35 PM
Quote from: xXChrizzelXx on September 15, 2014, 01:38:59 PM
Hello everybody,

This mod sounds wonderfull.. but not for me.. I dont know why i cant play it. Not a single Zombie in 20 Days  :(
I created tons of new WORLDS  and Colos...  I deactivated all other mods too.. still dont work for me :(

This is how I play:
Language: German (btw sorry for my bad english..)
Cassandra Classic
Highest Difficult

Aktiv Mods:
Blast Charges
Core

I need help pls.. I really wanna try this mod out..
When you look at the bottom right of the screen does it say "Zombie Virus Active"?

Play it for another couple weeks and see if they show up. The maximum time between raids on the highest difficulties should be 21 days.

No nothing like that show up :(  have to Work now  coming back later.

Edit: Still not showing up any idears ?

How this mod works? I see another "outlander" faction tht shouldnt be there i think.. playing for 30 days now.. do they get infected first and raid me ? Im confused and running out of Idears....
If it doesn't say "Zombie Virus Active" then you did something wrong when setting up the mod.

Make sure the mod is in the Mods folder. Then make sure it has been enabled in the "Mods" menu.

After you enable the mod, go and create a new world. Then start a new colony on the new world. In the beginning the colonists will fall from the sky. As soon as they appear "Zombie Virus Active" should show up right where it tells you the weather. That means the mod is properly working.

Ok this are my Steps i did now:
-Deleted the mod in mod folder
-go ingame checking "mods"
-Leaved game
-Downloaded the mod again. unzip it on Destop
- Open it (see Read me and another folder)
- put the folder in the "mods" folder in Rimworld
-Run Rimworld
-Going on "mods" and aktivate it
-Created the WORLD
-Created a new Colony ( Cassandra Classic and Challinging)

Entry 1: We landed in a RimWorld after our Ship got destroyed. We still dont know how this could happen. We Start to build our Home called.. New Hope.

Entry 2:  We finally got some Bed and Food now. Things goes better now and our new life becomes more comfortable.

Entry 3: Something is wrong out here... sometimes I see dark shadows  moving at our walls outside... better keep an Eye on it..

Entry 4: We meet some people.. they look pretty injured.. they got a strange smell and the eyes are... I dont know.. never saw this befor..

Entry 5: This people are crazy !! they bit my friend!! We shoot them but my friend is bleeding to death..... He died pretty fast.

Last Entry: More and more people coming.. they are all like the first group we meet.. my friend.. hes moving outside the Walls.... the Door cant take  much longer "Guys load your Weapons! Cover That Door!" If somebody hear this.. dont search for survivors.... Only Dead inside....

Well it works now. I did the same like befor ^^ Im still confused but happy about tht. Thx for helping me  ;D

Justin C

Quote from: BetaSpectre on September 17, 2014, 01:41:32 AM
That is a good point, the WW1 Mod changes the factions, or should. I heard there was no conflict though, maybe there is one.
The Great War seems to work with Zombie Apocalypse without creating any problems. I just tested it to be sure.

Axel

From what knightscross told me if he changed factions it would only be the vanilla factions. So the zombie faction should not conflict, and in my games it works wonderfully. Got zombie commandos (glittertech) attacking the french (ww1) as they bombard my base while i try to kill a handful of terminators (minami) while the outlanders, pirates and mechanoidd wage war on one another. And no conflicts between any of the factions thus far and anyone killed by a zomb regardless of vanilla or mod turns into a zombie.

Rannzou

I hope the awesome mod maker will fix the colonists actually gets sad killing zombies :( What is wrong with them!

Justin C

Quote from: Rannzou on September 18, 2014, 08:01:26 AM
I hope the awesome mod maker will fix the colonists actually gets sad killing zombies :( What is wrong with them!
Specifically what kind of penalty are they getting to happiness when they kill the zombies?

Andellmere

Quote from: Justin C on September 18, 2014, 02:49:34 PM
Specifically what kind of penalty are they getting to happiness when they kill the zombies?

They get the 'Saw a stranger die/Killed a stranger' debuff. Which can get ridiculous when they have to kill dozens of zombies at a time.

Lobotomy

To be honest, the real answer to your "what's wrong with them" question is that they're "human beings" (or virtual approximations thereof). Even if the zombies have become mindless killing machines postmortem, at least the ones who were bitten, infected, and turned used to be regular human beings at some point and characters in zombie-genre movies and games and such do (or are at least supposed to) grapple with the moral dilemma of killing them rather than just shrugging it off like some kind of psychopath.

So, to be honest, I think that the characters in the game getting a mood debuff from killing zombies is pretty much things working exactly as they should. If you want your colonists to be a bunch of amoral "I don't care that it's a person I'm gunning down" psychopaths, then you should probably pick colonists that have the actual "Psychopath" trait, which averts that "problem" entirely.  ::)

thefinn

I'd rather see colonists getting scared and panicking when facing zombies rather than sad, but I'm sure that might come in later updates of the main game.

d-lord

hey i downloaded the mod and im having trouble i think im really stupid cause i cant see the mods stuff in my rar zip wth am i doing wrong i really wanna play soooooo badly

Justin C

Quote from: d-lord on September 20, 2014, 10:56:31 PM
hey i downloaded the mod and im having trouble i think im really stupid cause i cant see the mods stuff in my rar zip wth am i doing wrong i really wanna play soooooo badly
The download is a 7-Zip file, so make sure you have either WinRar or 7-Zip (http://www.7-zip.org/) to extract it with. Then you just extract it and throw the "Zombie Apocalypse" folder into the RimWorld "Mods" folder, activate the mod in the Mods menu, and then it should be working. Be sure to create a new world to play on after activating the mod.

a89a89

Quote from: Justin C on September 21, 2014, 04:03:53 AM
The download is a 7-Zip file, so make sure you have either WinRar or 7-Zip (http://www.7-zip.org/) to extract it with. Then you just extract it and throw the "Zombie Apocalypse" folder into the RimWorld "Mods" folder, activate the mod in the Mods menu, and then it should be working. Be sure to create a new world to play on after activating the mod.
It doesn't work,

Justin C

Quote from: a89a89 on September 21, 2014, 03:25:13 PM
It doesn't work,
I honestly have no idea what you did to get that. As I said, 7-Zip and WinRar both work fine for extracting .7z files. Use one of them.

a89a89

Quote from: Justin C on September 21, 2014, 03:45:50 PM
It doesn't work,
I honestly have no idea what you did to get that. As I said, 7-Zip and WinRar both work fine for extracting .7z files. Use one of them.
I use zipeg, would that have anything to do with it?

Justin C

Quote from: a89a89 on September 21, 2014, 07:26:41 PM
Quote from: Justin C on September 21, 2014, 03:45:50 PM
It doesn't work,
I use zipeg, would that have anything to do with it?
Probably. 7-Zip is pretty much the standard now.