[A14d] Rimworld Zombie Apocalypse (v. 1.5 - July 26)

Started by Justin C, May 20, 2014, 02:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ryeookin

Quote from: Oxidus on February 01, 2015, 07:34:18 AM
He already started moding it,someone else take overs.Its not really hard taking this mod away and share it as it was yours.He can quit but someone else will take over.

Dude.. you're trolling pretty hard here. As was said before, stop being a git and just relax. It'll be ready when it's ready, and not a moment sooner.  :P

Dragoon

Quote from: ryeookin on February 03, 2015, 07:35:21 PM
He already started moding it,someone else take overs.Its not really hard taking this mod away and share it as it was yours.He can quit but someone else will take over.

Dude.. you're trolling pretty hard here. As was said before, stop being a git and just relax. It'll be ready when it's ready, and not a moment sooner.  :P

actually id like for him to release the code (Not for anyone to take over but id like to see other peoples.....mutations of these zombies would be interesting (i'm no modder so I wouldn't know what to do with it) .
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

TheSilencedScream

I'm so sick of ungrateful people.
If you're not happy with the way he's handling his zombie mod, why don't you make one?

It's his. He did it for free, in his spare time, amongst work/school, relationships, down time, and sleep - and he did a really good at it, all the while being mature enough to handle your antics.

Until you're able to show such sacrifice on your part - and I'm talking about modding here, as you've already demonstrated your own lack of maturity - why don't you show a little more appreciation for someone who's actually done work and stop acting like a spoiled little brat?
Quote from: Topper on August 31, 2015, 03:33:25 AM
is the sledgehammer compatible with the romance mod?
Only in Rimworld.

Oxidus

Quote from: TheSilencedScream on February 04, 2015, 12:00:43 AM

If you're not happy with the way he's handling his zombie mod, why don't you make one?

It's his. He did it for free, in his spare time, amongst work/school, relationships, down time, and sleep - and he did a really good at it, all the while being mature enough to handle your antics.

Until you're able to show such sacrifice on your part - and I'm talking about modding here, as you've already demonstrated your own lack of maturity - why don't you show a little more appreciation for someone who's actually done work and stop acting like a spoiled little brat?
I said before , he can quit no one will care,someone will steal his work under someone elses name and his hard work and that things as you said will come useless and someone else gets profit.I saw it happen already and so many times people didnt care,if they had their precious mod updated no one cared about author.
Requiescat in Pace,Mio Fello.

TheSilencedScream

Quote from: Oxidus on February 04, 2015, 11:38:33 AM
Quote from: TheSilencedScream on February 04, 2015, 12:00:43 AM

I said before , he can quit no one will care,someone will steal his work under someone elses name and his hard work and that things as you said will come useless and someone else gets profit.I saw it happen already and so many times people didnt care,if they had their precious mod updated no one cared about author.

Then let someone steal it.
Regardless, your pestering will not make any of it happen any sooner.
Quote from: Topper on August 31, 2015, 03:33:25 AM
is the sledgehammer compatible with the romance mod?
Only in Rimworld.

hesoyam

Quote from: TheSilencedScream on February 04, 2015, 12:52:29 PMThen let someone steal it.
Regardless, your pestering will not make any of it happen any sooner.
If anything he needs to ramp up his game, it being amazingly effective so far and all but for his efforts I hereby authorise the promotion to the rank of major

http://postimg.org/image/9pb507szl/

So take care to use the proper respect in regards to any future majorly obnoxious posts

Redshadow

Though I agree with hesoyam and TheSilencedScream somewhat, I feel as though if the author of a popular mod can't find enough time to update a mod whilst so many people adore the current version and are waiting for the update, the author should at least allow someone they trust to continue on the project.
I've been wanting to play this mod for, well, ever since I got Rimworld 8. The last thing I'd ever want this mod to do is be forgotten with old versions of the game.
Though if the author can find enough time & effort to update it, then all the more power to them! It's just that I feel as though someone with significantly more spare time could have updated it in the time I've been waiting(But what do I know, I'm no programmer. Unless you count an insignificant grasp on Python), thus giving the original author more time to focus on projects that they get payed to do.
Yes, I made my icon in a game called LittleBigPlanet...

akiceabear

QuoteIt's just that I feel as though someone with significantly more spare time could have updated it in the time I've been waiting

Rather than waste time complaining or criticizing those already contributing to the game's development and enjoyment, I think everyone that simply can't wait for a new iteration for this mod start doing some coding themselves. From scratch.

Beggars can't be choosers!

Anduin1357

Would zombie bites in this mod not affect artificial limbs and body parts?
Is zombie apocalypse event endgaming?
What happens if my colonists eat zombie meat?

hesoyam

Cyborgs are vulnerable as any other colonist
It can be if you have a ton of buried raiders, I had more problems with massive raids
They get less hungry

Oxidus

Quote from: Redshadow on February 04, 2015, 03:11:44 PM
Though I agree with hesoyam and TheSilencedScream somewhat, I feel as though if the author of a popular mod can't find enough time to update a mod whilst so many people adore the current version and are waiting for the update, the author should at least allow someone they trust to continue on the project.
I've been wanting to play this mod for, well, ever since I got Rimworld 8. The last thing I'd ever want this mod to do is be forgotten with old versions of the game.
Though if the author can find enough time & effort to update it, then all the more power to them! It's just that I feel as though someone with significantly more spare time could have updated it in the time I've been waiting(But what do I know, I'm no programmer. Unless you count an insignificant grasp on Python), thus giving the original author more time to focus on projects that they get payed to do.
I know right,either this modder updates it or he lets someone else continue work,no one wants to find this mod as discontinued.
Requiescat in Pace,Mio Fello.

Redshadow

Quote from: akiceabear on February 04, 2015, 07:25:13 PM
QuoteIt's just that I feel as though someone with significantly more spare time could have updated it in the time I've been waiting

Rather than waste time complaining or criticizing those already contributing to the game's development and enjoyment, I think everyone that simply can't wait for a new iteration for this mod start doing some coding themselves. From scratch.

Beggars can't be choosers!

No offense/disrespect was intended in my previous post. I simply stated that I think that if the author(all within the context of him not having any time to do this update) should at the very least consider giving it to someone trustworthy & reliable (as to prevent it from getting stolen(claimed by the updater without any credit to the original author), or deformed from the original product(I think I speak for everyone that likes this mod when I say 'I don't want invincible raiders that crash the game to be included in this mod)) that could update it, hope I don't come off as disrespectful in any manner.
Yes, I made my icon in a game called LittleBigPlanet...

Connor898

I think everyone in this thread needs to calm down, testing for alpha 9 has already started so you guys should be able to wait till it's fully out.

Justin C

Quote from: Oxidus on February 04, 2015, 11:38:33 AMI said before , he can quit no one will care,someone will steal his work under someone elses name and his hard work and that things as you said will come useless and someone else gets profit.
Nobody is profiting here. RimWorld modding is done purely for fun by crazy idiots like me who enjoy programming more than they enjoy playing games.

QuoteI saw it happen already and so many times people didnt care,if they had their precious mod updated no one cared about author.
I'm sure Tynan wouldn't allow blatant theft of mods on his forums for the same reason he has stepped in to stop mod packs that were using mods without permission: Intellectual Property Rights. Tynan understands this better than anyone, which is why he has requested that all mods come with licenses that explicitly state what other players/modders are and are not allowed to do with mods.

And I know for a fact that the modding community would not be okay with it either. We all understand the kind of work that goes into these mods, and we would never stand by and allow someone to take credit for work that isn't theirs.

And the reason why I don't release the source/have someone else update it for me is because:
1) This mod is my baby. I have spent hundreds (if not over a thousand) of hours on this mod, and I do not want to lose control of it.
2) I have never intentionally skipped an Alpha release. It just kind of happens sometimes. The intent has always been to support this mod indefinitely.
3) It's not actually necessary for me to release the source. Any modder who is capable enough to update this mod already knows how to find the source.
4) Despite numerous people claiming that I should release the source so someone else can update it, there has never actually been anyone offering to update it. It's usually just people volunteering someone else's time to update the mod so they can play it.

Anyway, the last few pages of this thread are nothing but drama caused by your whining. The mod has an approximate release date. That release date is soon. So relax and quit whining in my thread.

Vonholtz

Quote from: Justin C on February 06, 2015, 02:47:18 PM
Quote from: Oxidus on February 04, 2015, 11:38:33 AMI said before , he can quit no one will care,someone will steal his work under someone elses name and his hard work and that things as you said will come useless and someone else gets profit.
Nobody is profiting here. RimWorld modding is done purely for fun by crazy idiots like me who enjoy programming more than they enjoy playing games.

QuoteI saw it happen already and so many times people didnt care,if they had their precious mod updated no one cared about author.
I'm sure Tynan wouldn't allow blatant theft of mods on his forums for the same reason he has stepped in to stop mod packs that were using mods without permission: Intellectual Property Rights. Tynan understands this better than anyone, which is why he has requested that all mods come with licenses that explicitly state what other players/modders are and are not allowed to do with mods.

And I know for a fact that the modding community would not be okay with it either. We all understand the kind of work that goes into these mods, and we would never stand by and allow someone to take credit for work that isn't theirs.

And the reason why I don't release the source/have someone else update it for me is because:
1) This mod is my baby. I have spent hundreds (if not over a thousand) of hours on this mod, and I do not want to lose control of it.
2) I have never intentionally skipped an Alpha release. It just kind of happens sometimes. The intent has always been to support this mod indefinitely.
3) It's not actually necessary for me to release the source. Any modder who is capable enough to update this mod already knows how to find the source.
4) Despite numerous people claiming that I should release the source so someone else can update it, there has never actually been anyone offering to update it. It's usually just people volunteering someone else's time to update the mod so they can play it.

Anyway, the last few pages of this thread are nothing but drama caused by your whining. The mod has an approximate release date. That release date is soon. So relax and quit whining in my thread.
Amen.

I am not a modder but I know what you are saying. It is you mod and you put the work in to it. And I am happy to be able to use any of the mods put out by people who put the work in to them to make this game more fun.

So take your time ans so be it if we have to wait till A 9 or we never get to play it again. It was nice of your to put it out at all. I so wish other would be a little more grateful. I for one am because I know I could not make a mod like this or any at all. So thank you to you and all the modders for your work.