[0.18.1700] Downed refugee quest, refugees have no legs (bug or WAD?)

Started by Calahan, October 26, 2017, 02:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calahan

This possible bug report is based on comments in the A18 feedback thread and from Steam, and appear to indicate a possible bug with the downed refugee quest, and the regularity (maybe 100%?) with which the refugee has no legs.

Quote from: Rimrue on October 26, 2017, 01:28:48 PM
So a couple days into my game (playing Lost Tribe, Randy Random on Some Challenge), I get my first quest to rescue Wilfred. He's injured and needs saving. So I pack up some food and meds and grab my best fighters (equipped with bows and wooden war masks) to go save him. He's guarded by 4 turrets and a guy in power armour with an LMG. And he's got no legs. Yeah, like I'm gonna risk losing all my pawns for a guy who can't even walk? So I noped out of there and left poor Wilfred to his fate.

Quote from: Wanderer_joins on October 26, 2017, 01:33:06 PMThe down refugee quest is a good idea, but two legs off is maybe too much, and 2 out of 3 offers were not reachable by a caravan given the location/ season.

And a post on Steam by user Roccaleta (my thanks to Rimrue for mentioning the Steam reports). http://steamcommunity.com/app/294100/discussions/0/1480982338943351982/

"Incapacitated Refugee

I just had a small quest, to save an incapacitataed refugee. I went there, killed all the pirates, Took whatever I needed. But I can't bring the refugee with me. I can't heal her because she has no legs, no peg leg option for her either. What am I supposed to do with her? "

Diana Winters

I have also had all my refugees from said quests lacking legs.

ison

Already fixed for the next unstable build, thanks for reporting.