Stop hauling Lavish meal to prisoners !

Started by NemesisN, October 17, 2017, 08:41:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoshida Keiji

Quote from: NemesisN on November 03, 2017, 04:30:32 PM
Quote from: Limdood on November 03, 2017, 03:10:41 PM
Quote from: Vlad0mi3r on November 03, 2017, 10:53:22 AM
Nutrient paste dispenser. That is all.
doesn't fix the problem if the prisoner is unconscious due to pain or surgery, at which point best meals are hauled.

also I need them all to have shared room = fights and more chance of prison break

I rather have them in individual cells

Yes, me too. I won't bother to make a NPD for each cell. Although I get prison breaks even if they are not together.

corestandeven

Quote from: The Nickman on November 02, 2017, 08:26:11 PM
I don't understand this thread at all.  If you're trying to recruit a prisoner, you want them to have the best food and be as comfortable as possible so they recruit faster.  If you don't want to recruit them, and are just harvesting their organs or selling them or whatever, then uncheck "gets food" and build them a nutrient paste dispenser, as has been suggested over and over in this thread.

Otherwise, what's the problem??
People see no problem with limiting the quality of medical care individual prisoners receive (why waste the best medical care on prisoners when colonists take priority) but for some reason cannot see why the same principle might apply when it comes to food quality. The case and reasons have already been stated above.

Yes ticking 'no food' and having a nutrient dispenser works for some prisoner situations but not all. I may want to charm one prisoner in my cell with skills i want for my colony, so I will treat him well, but want to sell another prisoner in the same cell who has poor skills and I do not want to waste my best food on. Yes I suppose I could build separate prison cells, having one cell with a nutrient dispenser, ticking prisoners who I do not care about as having no food, hoping pawns will fill up the dispenser, and building a better cell without this, but a simple tick box (just as with medical care) is just better. Adding this would help with some players whose playstyle is clearly different to your own.

As an aside, I really don't understand why certain people on these forums constantly oppose suggestions just because they wouldn't use the suggestion themselves. I totally get that stance it if a feature being suggested would impact or drastically change everyone's game style. But if being able to limit meal quality was added then the default setting undoubtedly would be set to highest by default, so it wouldn't even affect those who say they see no problem. [Edit - Alternatively you could add a tick box that was 'prioritize best quality food' (default setting), 'prioritize lowest quality food', or 'gets no food', then everyone is happy.]

Yoshida Keiji

Because of not having a "Meal selection bar", it is also difficult to haul "Packaged survival meals" for future expeditions... without the colonists consuming them against the player's will (there's enough meals at the main freezer).

corestandeven

Quote from: Yoshida Keiji on November 05, 2017, 10:15:03 AM
Because of not having a "Meal selection bar", it is also difficult to haul "Packaged survival meals" for future expeditions... without the colonists consuming them against the player's will (there's enough meals at the main freezer).
Agree, however there is a fix to that current problem. Just mass select all the Packaged Meals in your storage area and 'Forbid' them. Colonists will not eat them, nor will they be given to prisoners, and you can still select them when forming your caravans.

Snafu_RW

Quote from: corestandeven on November 05, 2017, 12:27:58 PM
Agree, however there is a fix to that current problem. Just mass select all the Packaged Meals in your storage area and 'Forbid' them. Colonists will not eat them, nor will they be given to prisoners, and you can still select them when forming your caravans.
Either that or zone your food storage area so the PSM/MREs are stored at the back, furthest away from entrance: colonists will prefer pathing to the nearest applicable food
Dom 8-)

Match

I dont know if this is still possible, but a while ago I would have a nutrient paste dispenser in the prison area, with the storage in my cold fridge. After setting do not feed prisoners and the food bins for the NPD at critical. They would feed themselves... this only works until prisoners get injured

Yoshida Keiji

Quote from: corestandeven on November 05, 2017, 12:27:58 PM
Quote from: Yoshida Keiji on November 05, 2017, 10:15:03 AM

No, I just fought a Siege and they had 32 PSM, however when I sent 3 pawns to pick them back to my base, I lost 3 units as the haulers grabbed them, leaving only 29 PSM. While if I could manually assign them not to eat PSM, I would still be keeping all 32 units. And if your some reason you have to move them to another location (tornado for example), you still risk losing some again.