[A10-A18] Can build walls on the airflow side of AC (existed since at least A10)

Started by NachoToast, October 28, 2017, 08:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NachoToast

In alpha 18 you can place walls on a coolers input/output tile.
Screenshot as shown:

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]
-NachoToast

Calahan

I'm not sure if this is a bug, or if it is then it has existed for a number of alphas (just checked A10 and A12 and you could build walls over the operational sides of AC's back then as well).

I'll leave this open for the devs just in case, but I suspect they'll be fine with this the way it is (I'm sure it's been reported before as well and the devs said it was fine, but couldn't find it via a quick search). Guessing the basis for this might be similar to the Trees  and Plants relationship. ie. You can't sow plants in tiles adjacent to trees (without first chopping the tree), but you can sow trees adjacent to plants. So can't do A because of B, but can do B regardless of A.

Anyway, I'll leave this open for the devs (but this is not new for A18, so I've amended the thread title accordingly, as the devs might be prioritising bugs new for A18 at the moment. Also to better summarise the bug as well, since "cooler bug" is too ambiguous).

CannibarRechter

I would call it a "defect" if the cooler still worked properly after having its heat blocked like that. I wouldn't call it a defect if the game lets you build the wall. Out of curiosity, what happens to the cooling / heating effect when you do this?
CR All Mods and Tools Download Link
CR Total Texture Overhaul : Gives RimWorld a Natural Feel
CR Moddable: make RimWorld more moddable.
CR CompFX: display dynamic effects over RimWorld objects