A18 Zone bug?

Started by Rimrue, October 28, 2017, 11:54:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rimrue

I think I may have found a bug but I'm not sure. Sometimes it seems like zones stop working properly if I resize or add to them. Growing zones, stockpile zones, and animal zones have all had weird glitches at one time or other where stuff won't get stored, animals won't stay in their zones, or plants won't get sowed or harvested. Deleting the zone and recreating it usually seems to help.

Calahan

Can you be more specific on exactly what bug you are reporting here, and provide either precise reproduction steps, or a save game file (along with "do this to this zone" instructions to reproduce from the save). Because all your report is saying right now is that there may or may not be a bug with some/all types of zones, and the bug manifests in different ways. eg. allowed areas being ignored, growing/stockpiles stop working. Which to be honest is just too vague to be of much use.

There have been various bugs to the different zone types over the course of RimWorld's development, but there have also been a number of bug reports that turned out to be WAD when the issue was properly analysed and explained. And I'm afraid a report like this (as it stands) isn't likely to result in another bug being identified, as several of the things you mention can be explained. eg. stockpiles and growing zones not working might be because they were outside of a temporary allowed area. But without more info to go on it can only be speculated on what might be causing the bugs/issues you are observing/experiencing.

So as I said, please elaborate on, and indicate exactly what bug you are reporting here. And please read the following pinned guidelines on how to report a bug / what information to provide: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=513.0

Rimrue

Sorry I reported it wrong. I can't give more info than I have. I can upload my save file, but am not sure if it will help since my pawns are caravaning and have no fixed settlement. I mostly reported it in case others had experienced something similar and could help pin down if it actually was a bug or WAD. Since no one else has reported anything similar then maybe it's not a bug. I will try to pay better attention if it happens again to provide useful information.