Base Expansions?

Started by smid1584, October 29, 2017, 10:04:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smid1584

I invaded an enemy base, which requires loading another map and being able to interact with it. This means that the coding to allow players to build expansions, make multiple settlements and not just live on a planet but thrive is written in the game. You can target and switch between zones, and even theoretically take over an enemy base. So why is it that you, yourself, can't make multiple bases.

Gohihioh

You can. There is an option in settings to set maximum number of bases you can have. But it is not recommended since game at this stage is made and balanced around having only one base.

asanbr

You need to enable dev mode and then in the settings increase the number of allowed bases from 1 to max 5 (last time I checked).

Don't pay attention to people saying it's not recommended or not intended. Just play with it. It's fun and it works well. Everything may not be entirely balanced with regards to that, and honestly, who cares?

crazyroosterman

from what I hear its got nothing to do with balance and that having multiple high function bases  really taxes the cpu which is why your not allowed to by default.
but as asanbr said just go with it if you want also I don't think you need to do anything as dramatic as going into dev mode in the options there should simply be a slider controlling the amount of expansions you can make.
presuming were talking about multiple settlements here and im not barking up the completely wrong tree.

Devon_v

The game gets more complicated when you have to keep track of your pawns' idiocy over multiple maps, and yeah it's more taxing on the CPU. 1 base is the developer intended way to play, but you don't even need Dev mode to break that cap, it's in the regular game options menu. The only real effect it has on balance is that you can send a work crew to a new map to collect resources after you've exhausted you own, but managing multiple maps and dealing with caravans is its own can of worms, so I honestly see it as balanced.