Consciousness

Started by Redfire1200, October 29, 2017, 11:05:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redfire1200

Question if conscious reaches 0 % does the colonist die? Also if you add a bionic or something that sets consciousness to min20 or something does that mean that their immortal?
The Red Empire shall rise, The Red Empire shall grow... POTATOES!!!

Razzoriel

Yes, dead.

I don't think so, because last time I checked, blood loss sets consciousness to 0, which overrides other settings.

Canute

min. 20 just mean, the pawn still can die but he don't get unconscious from pain or other illness.
So he can made it at his own to the medical bed.

Devon_v

Nah, death is caused by several sources, 0 consciousness is just one of them. Being without a heart, lungs, liver, misplacing ones head, maxing out an infection or plague, even falling over as a non-colonist is a potentially fatal event. Running out of blood also does you in.

SirDerpface

Death is caused by 0% any vital stat, not only consciousness but blood pumping, blood filtration and metabolism. 
It can also be caused by potentially fatal diseases, effects, etc going to 100%, like blood loss, carcinoma, flu, infection, etc.
Non colonists get 67% chance to instantly die on being downed.
If root bodypart like torsos reach 0 hp, the pawn will also die.

Redfire1200

And what if you set a min on every one of the stats ?

asanbr

Why don't you try it?

You can't do it in vanilla so I guess it may either work because the game code doesn't take it into account, or it may not work because the code has something that makes people die, like maybe blood loss will always take them to 0 on some stat.

Redfire1200

k, as soon as i figure out how...hmm clothes maybe?

kubolek01

Diseases make it by one setting, LethalSeverity. Mainly set to 1 (100%). But can be set lower. PS:sometimes reasons are stupid, I've seen a weird situation, that made infection a last nail to the coffin. Right after it appeared.
Eat lead, walking pile of silver! (greedy Player)
I...I can't do it. Leave it alive, please!(inner soul)
It lives 200 years to end up as a jacket?!(realists mind)
If I would go to vacation in off-Earth, even fictional place, I'd choose Nibel.

TheMeInTeam

Quote from: SirDerpface on October 29, 2017, 01:27:34 PM
Death is caused by 0% any vital stat, not only consciousness but blood pumping, blood filtration and metabolism. 
It can also be caused by potentially fatal diseases, effects, etc going to 100%, like blood loss, carcinoma, flu, infection, etc.

Can't forget the good old heart attacks either.

Redfire1200

Quote from: TheMeInTeam on October 30, 2017, 01:31:52 PM
Quote from: SirDerpface on October 29, 2017, 01:27:34 PM

Can't forget the good old heart attacks either.
Handler whos bonded to most animals alsobest doctor gets heart attack, next best tries to help but handler dies warg goes mad attacks other doctor, im out of doctors and my other guy cant fight... ahhh beautiful rimworld just beautiful

Mutineer

Quote from: Redfire1200 on October 30, 2017, 01:51:42 PM

Handler whos bonded to most animals alsobest doctor gets heart attack, next best tries to help but handler dies warg goes mad attacks other doctor, im out of doctors and my other guy cant fight... ahhh beautiful rimworld just beautiful

Can happened in Real life, so it is buatiful

VincentJ

What does exactly a high consciousness ?

I got fig juice by pod and it raises consciousness. What's the point ?

Toast

A high consciousness makes a pawn slightly better at just about every single thing they do. It is VERY good. You can check out why by looking through all the stats in the pawn's Info bar.

I've never heard of fig juice though, so I guess it's from a mod.