Alpha 18 - Help me understand the new rescue world mission

Started by Cargocultist, October 29, 2017, 06:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cargocultist

Hi, I received a mission on the world map about rescuing a person, but I don't quite know how to complete it. Once I reach the location and fight off the opposition, I only have an option for ONE character at a time to leave the map carrying the new person. If I go along with this option, it forms a caravan of just him/her and doesn't let me pick any food left behind, or add any more of my people who were left behind on the map.
Alternatively, if I form a caravan with all the people I have present to go back, it lets me pick up food and resourced that I had with me, but not the person I'd come to rescue.
Is there's something I'm missing? Is there a way for example to combine caravans I was not aware of? I am not very familiar with the world travel so maybe I missed the option. Thanks for your help!

Dashthechinchilla

Quote from: Cargocultist on October 29, 2017, 06:39:32 PM
Hi, I received a mission on the world map about rescuing a person, but I don't quite know how to complete it. Once I reach the location and fight off the opposition, I only have an option for ONE character at a time to leave the map carrying the new person. If I go along with this option, it forms a caravan of just him/her and doesn't let me pick any food left behind, or add any more of my people who were left behind on the map.
Alternatively, if I form a caravan with all the people I have present to go back, it lets me pick up food and resourced that I had with me, but not the person I'd come to rescue.
Is there's something I'm missing? Is there a way for example to combine caravans I was not aware of? I am not very familiar with the world travel so maybe I missed the option. Thanks for your help!
I had to add peg legs and the person joined as soon as they woke up from the anesthesia. Bring a bedroll and meds. You only need one peg leg technically, but remember they still have to walk back.

Also, I think I read them always having missing legs is a bug.

freemapa

Quote from: Dashthechinchilla on October 29, 2017, 07:35:26 PM
Also, I think I read them always having missing legs is a bug.

Future patch notes:
Pawn to be rescued is no longer always legless.

:o

Snafu_RW

Quote from: Dashthechinchilla on October 29, 2017, 07:35:26 PM
Quote from: Cargocultist on October 29, 2017, 06:39:32 PM[..]
I had to add peg legs and the person joined as soon as they woke up from the anesthesia. Bring a bedroll and meds. You only need one peg leg technically, but remember they still have to walk back.

There are at least 2 new missions: rescue disabled & rescue captured. Currently 'Rescue Disabled' results in <disabled> pawn having no legs; the other mission may be more useful if you want to recruit

I haven't tried either of them as yet, but they look interesting..
Dom 8-)

Klitri

The disabled stuff makes sense I suppose you could justify it as them being injured while traveling and managing to contact the colony was their only hope the legs stuff is hilarious lol .. Maybe more diverse and complicated medical issues will be added to the injured pawns so you have to setup like a medical base in the arctic tundra (i.e)

Daguest

Quite frankly, a legless colonist is useless, unless he does have really, really good stats. Or prostophile and you just happen to have tons of bionic leg with nothing to do with it (doubtful). And that's a colonist who wander into your home to be recruited. For someone you have to go to, takings days and resources ? Yeah, no.

And from what I heard, they are from the usual pool of colonist, so their stats are most likely crap. On top of being legless. But I can't wait to see the legless sheriff screenshot as "worst colonist ever" on reddit.

Dashthechinchilla

Quote from: Daguest on October 30, 2017, 07:47:20 AM
Quite frankly, a legless colonist is useless, unless he does have really, really good stats. Or prostophile and you just happen to have tons of bionic leg with nothing to do with it (doubtful). And that's a colonist who wander into your home to be recruited. For someone you have to go to, takings days and resources ? Yeah, no.

And from what I heard, they are from the usual pool of colonist, so their stats are most likely crap. On top of being legless. But I can't wait to see the legless sheriff screenshot as "worst colonist ever" on reddit.
They appear to be from the same pool as chased refugees. I visited two, one I just turned around and left when I got to the map. I kept the second. I didn't even go to the third,  because it was the minstrel.

Slimy_Slider

For the OP's original problem, yes, you can merge caravans. Just selected a caravan on the world map, move it to another caravan and right click it to see the option.