0.18.1704 - Cannot select random site as any of the new biome types

Started by saintsend, October 29, 2017, 10:49:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saintsend

Pressing the "Select Random Site" button when choosing where your colony begins does not select a biome of "Temperate Swamp", "Tropical Swamp", "Cold bog". There are no steps needed to reproduce this. Try it yourself :P

Yoshida Keiji

I can confirm this, mentioned already in the main thread. Didn't consider to classify as bug back then, but if others are saying it too, I'm joining.

ison

It's working as intended, swamps are kind of special biomes. Ice sheet is also never chosen randomly.

Hmm, I'll leave this for Tynan to decide.

Yoshida Keiji

...wait...I do get Ice Sheet in random select...

By the way in the A18 unstable version thread I'm also suggesting to make biome a selectable choice for random selection of tiles specific to that type for easier search too if you can take it into consideration too.

saintsend

@Yoshida Keiji Are you sure you get Ice sheet and not tundra? I don't random ice sheet.

@ison Its a livable biome. I understand why not having it select ice sheet but these are biomes that play like any other rimworld default, They all have their quarks that make them all special ;)

ison

Okay, I think they could be auto-choosable then (in the next unstable build).

Quote from: Yoshida Keiji on October 31, 2017, 11:14:10 AM
By the way in the A18 unstable version thread I'm also suggesting to make biome a selectable choice for random selection of tiles specific to that type for easier search too if you can take it into consideration too.

Making the "select random tile" behavior configurable sounds like a good idea. Though not for A18, because A18 is pretty much already content-locked.