[A18] Trade requests can request to purchase the same thing they are offering

Started by Alenerel, October 29, 2017, 06:26:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alenerel

From a reddit post:
https://i.redditmedia.com/b7kxVSYBsMUqcMIxTXEigxwCVR_vVXVinet0HGLTANY.png?w=333&s=97d5b5fb8e161d55d0397998db3356b9

Moderator's edit (Calahan) - This was incorrectly posted in the A18 feedback thread (so moving it to bugs where it belongs).

Mulahey

Quote from: Alenerel on October 29, 2017, 06:26:44 AM
From a reddit post:
https://i.redditmedia.com/b7kxVSYBsMUqcMIxTXEigxwCVR_vVXVinet0HGLTANY.png?w=333&s=97d5b5fb8e161d55d0397998db3356b9

I actually consider this reddit screenshot from a roleplaying point of view - maybe the poor guys badly need components to build machines to produce more components. Or they are awaiting a component trader but need components sooner for whatever reason. Anyway, for this reason I would suggest a super-easy fix for Tynan. Instead of excluding SameTypeStuff in these quests from happening at all, he could keep them in instead  and add a bool variable to the code that looks if the demanded goods and reward are the same type and if so, simply adds in other text description of the quest. Something to the effect of "our settlement needs 20 components to build machines that would produce many more components and thus we can repay you with 40 components." Just food for thought. :-)

JStheguy

Quote from: Mulahey on October 29, 2017, 08:13:19 AM
Quote from: Alenerel on October 29, 2017, 06:26:44 AM
From a reddit post:

I actually consider this reddit screenshot from a roleplaying point of view - maybe the poor guys badly need components to build machines to produce more components. Or they are awaiting a component trader but need components sooner for whatever reason. Anyway, for this reason I would suggest a super-easy fix for Tynan. Instead of excluding SameTypeStuff in these quests from happening at all, he could keep them in instead  and add a bool variable to the code that looks if the demanded goods and reward are the same type and if so, simply adds in other text description of the quest. Something to the effect of "our settlement needs 20 components to build machines that would produce many more components and thus we can repay you with 40 components." Just food for thought. :-)
That and in the instance of components they represent almost everything from circuit boards to gears, so maybe your specific pile of random cathode-ray tubes and frayed USB cables are something they really need and are willing to trade their larger pile of assorted processors and DIP switches for.

ShadowTani

An oddity that can happen with some caravan requests is that it will ask for the same goods it will offer as compensation. This results in a situation which isn't particularly logical. See attached picture.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]