"Incapacitate" option while drafted.

Started by Call me Arty, October 30, 2017, 03:45:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Call me Arty

"I want to capture that raider or make sure that my sword-equipped brawler colonists don't smash the doctor's face in just because he had a bad day. Okay, go for the legs gu- oh I guess the brain works too."

Simply put, I would appreciate the ability to make my colonists try to kneecap a target while drafted. Bloodlust, psycopath, rivalry? Okay, understandable, but wouldn't the wide majority of other pawns -such as spouses- prefer to incapacitate targets?
   "Oh man, that'd be OP." Balance it. I imagine hitting someone's legs would be pretty difficult, with the smaller surface area and running away and all, and shooting someone's leg off still means they could bleed out or get an infection before they're bandaged and laying on some sterile tile. In addition, they're permanently slowed unless you can get some bionics on them, seems pretty pricey to me.
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

gipothegip

Clubs and maces are good for less-than-lethal weapons. There's still a risk for serious injury, but you're far less likely to kill somebody and more likely to down them.

However I think it would be cool if we could have beanbag / rubber bullets to deal blunt damage at range.
Should I feel bad that nearly half my posts are in the off topic section?

Bergil

Incapacitate as an option would be nice. Or at least an option 'melee attack fists only' or something along those lines.

Sbilko

An "incapacitate" order would be excellent. He could just choke the enemy until he fell unconscious.

He could disarm him before choking him too, or disarming him before choking could not even be necessary.

freemapa

Attempting to incapacitate someone who is attacking the pawn would need to put the pawn at greater risk. It's always harder to defend yourself when you are trying not to hurt someone.

Otherwise, though, I'm a fan of this idea.