Does anybody else have a sentimental spot for their "original three?"

Started by Call me Arty, October 30, 2017, 04:04:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Call me Arty

Original five, original, whichever. I just noticed that a lot of people on the forum seem to have fond memories of their first or longest-lasting colony from the backs of the pawns they started with. I know that I personally use the "Prepare Carefully" mod to carry on the legacy of the founders of my first successful colony.
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

Mayor mc muffin

Nah all of my people died of striation or they could move because they didn't have legs (it was 2013 the game didn't have peg legs then)

ruddthree

I tend to, along with one or two others that are really good.

crazyroosterman

not really but only because I have only the vaguest memories of my original 3 that was like alpha 15 I think back then the map was just a coloured blob but what I do remember is wishing that I could move about in the world like really badly.
and then I burnt out on the game and then when I came back it was alpha 17 and my wish had been granted (:

Hydromancerx

I have a set of 5 I always start with since I like tribal start. My games usually last the whole time between alpha updates. So I usually only start a new colony when it is impossible to load the old one. However over the updates I have tweaked the starters a little, such as using traits from mods to better suit their personalities.

JimJammer89

My first three will always have a special place in my heart, as well as the rest of my first colony. They told a story, a hell of a story too, of success, failure, hilarity, and bad-ass-ery. How could I not remember that colorful bunch of misfits?
Quote from: TitaniumTurtle on August 31, 2015, 11:57:18 AM
Who needs a force field when you can have a chicken field?

grrizo

I have a shitty memory. So no, I don't. Every new colony could be the best colony ever.
Lavish meal, now with extra Yorkshire terrier meat.

marten