More feminine slim, fat and hulk bodies

Started by Bergil, October 31, 2017, 12:59:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bergil

I can't be the only one to think this would be a 'nice' thing to have.

Would it be possible to implement more feminine bodies for female pawns who are slim, fat or hulky?

I'd be happy to put the work in between now and the final release of Rimworld in order actually produce the graphics for it. However I appreciate the amount of coding required would be fairly intense as there aren't just new outfits to code in but pre-made characters which would have to be changed as well. This is something I cannot do. (or won't... Bit thick when it comes to coding. Art and graphics fine! Code, no...)

CannibarRechter

I've thought it. My texture mod is extremely detailed. One of the blockers to proceeding through with pawns and clothing is the pawns. Naked fat and skinny pawns won't look right. There's a surprising amount of detail you can get in 128x128 pixels.

All that said, if you're playing stock RW, I don't know why it would be high priority at all. First priority is to get the pawns clothed, isn't it? It would almost be more interesting to have female clothes, like skirts and blouses or some such.
CR All Mods and Tools Download Link
CR Total Texture Overhaul : Gives RimWorld a Natural Feel
CR Moddable: make RimWorld more moddable.
CR CompFX: display dynamic effects over RimWorld objects

Bergil

Quote from: CannibarRechter on October 31, 2017, 01:39:09 PM
Naked fat and skinny pawns won't look right. There's a surprising amount of detail you can get in 128x128 pixels.

I reckon I could come up with something that works. Will have to sit down for an evening and produce something that does look right.

Quote from: CannibarRechter on October 31, 2017, 01:39:09 PMAll that said, if you're playing stock RW, I don't know why it would be high priority at all. First priority is to get the pawns clothed, isn't it?

Sure it is, I don't see why more variety in appearance would actually hinder the priority of clothing your colonists.

Quote from: CannibarRechter on October 31, 2017, 01:39:09 PMIt would almost be more interesting to have female clothes, like skirts and blouses or some such.

It'd be nice to have feminine clothes in the mix, dresses too.

CannibarRechter

BTW, when I was saying it wouldn't look right, I was saying it wouldn't look right WITHOUT gender specific pawn bodies. That's why I haven't retexed the pawns.
CR All Mods and Tools Download Link
CR Total Texture Overhaul : Gives RimWorld a Natural Feel
CR Moddable: make RimWorld more moddable.
CR CompFX: display dynamic effects over RimWorld objects